Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Any one here have a Crossland CC1 yet?
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Any one here...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 17 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
chasemonster
chasemonster
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Audrey
Grinder: Hario Mini Mill
Drip: V60
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2011, 8:36am
Subject: Re: Any one here have a Crossland CC1 yet?

DigiManTX Said:

I plan on getting one of these ordered this Friday if everything goes the way it should. I will be reporting back with my findings as soon as I get to play with it... :D

Posted July 11, 2011 link

Great!
Could you please post a video of your machine pulling a shot from start to finish?

It's not that I doubt that you are really buying one of these machines, and that I need proof,
it's that I have my suspicions about the shots blonding early with this machine and would like to be able, finally, to see a shot being pulled from the beginning all the way to the end.
 View Profile Link to this post
psychobrew

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Mon Jul 11, 2011, 8:45am

germantownrob Said:

The Oscar is really just 2" wider and 3" deeper then the cc1 but in reality it seems very big sitting on the counter.

The cc1 is the same price as the Silvia? Who would buy a Silvia anymore?

Posted July 10, 2011 link

Silvia = brass boiler.

CC1 = stainless steel boiler.

Personally, I'd rather spend a few hundred dollars more and get something better like an entry level HX or perhaps even the Breville BES900(XL) if it turns out the way people are hoping (I'm guessing this will depend on who they get to manufacture the machine).  If you're going to spend a big chunk of change you're better off doing it right, but if the choices are those two then I think I'd rather have a PID'd Silvia.
DigiManTX

Espresso: Quick Mill Anita
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso Preciso
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2011, 11:52am

psychobrew Said:

Silvia = brass boiler.

Personally, I'd rather spend a few hundred dollars more and get something better like an entry level HX or perhaps even the Breville BES900(XL) if it turns out the way people are hoping (I'm guessing this will depend on who they get to manufacture the machine).  If you're going to spend a big chunk of change you're better off doing it right, but if the choices are those two then I think I'd rather have a PID'd Silvia.

a PID'd Silvia is not the same price as the CC1... is a couple hundred dollars more... is a brass boiler going to make that much of a difference?
germantownrob
germantownrob

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2011, 2:52pm

psychobrew Said:

Silvia = brass boiler.

So stainless steel is no good for boilers? Why do you think this? If it is such a bad material then I guess owners of the Speedsters all rip out the SS boilers and put brass ones in.   http://www.keesvanderwesten.com/speedster_features.html    Here is a list that was started at HB of machines with SS boiler   Click Here (www.home-barista.com)   and here is the Cimbali Junior Casa DT1 over at Chris' with one.   http://www.chriscoffee.com/products/home/espresso/juniord

The biggest problem with SBDU machines is the waiting to go between steam and brew, the cc1 you can't brew and steam at the same time but at least with the thermoblock steam can be done with no waiting. The Silvano you can steam and pull a shot at the same time.
psychobrew

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Mon Jul 11, 2011, 5:04pm

germantownrob Said:

So stainless steel is no good for boilers? Why do you think this? If it is such a bad material then I guess owners of the Speedsters all rip out the SS boilers and put brass ones in.   http://www.keesvanderwesten.com/speedster_features.html    Here is a list that was started at HB of machines with SS boiler   Click Here (www.home-barista.com)   and here is the Cimbali Junior Casa DT1 over at Chris' with one.   http://www.chriscoffee.com/products/home/espresso/juniord

The biggest problem with SBDU machines is the waiting to go between steam and brew, the cc1 you can't brew and steam at the same time but at least with the thermoblock steam can be done with no waiting. The Silvano you can steam and pull a shot at the same time.

I never said stainless steel was a bad metal for a boiler, though given the choice I'd choose brass (all else being equal).
Intrepid510

Posted Mon Jul 11, 2011, 9:04pm

psychobrew Said:

I never said stainless steel was a bad metal for a boiler, though given the choice I'd choose brass (all else being equal).

The boiler in the Crossland is insulated so it should make the difference less of a issue.

Less water, more grounds.
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2011, 9:25pm

germantownrob Said:

The biggest problem with SBDU machines is the waiting to go between steam and brew, the cc1 you can't brew and steam at the same time but at least with the thermoblock steam can be done with no waiting. ....

And, of course, the reverse is true since the steam function does not affect the brew temperature, you can pull shots right after steaming. If you have been using a SBDU  machine for any length of time, discarding teh brew-steam-brew process that is necessary with a SBDU is a welcome thing and immediately addictive.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Spamzm
Spamzm

Espresso: Silvano
Grinder: Vario
Drip: V60, Aeropress
Roaster: Behmor, heatgun +...
Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011, 8:46pm

DigiManTX Said:

I plan on getting one of these ordered this Friday if everything goes the way it should. I will be reporting back with my findings as soon as I get to play with it... :D

I'll do my best to wait patiently. Of course you could have it shipped it to me first to play with. Then i'll send it to you. Should only take a day or two. =]
DigiManTX

Espresso: Quick Mill Anita
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso Preciso
Posted Wed Jul 20, 2011, 12:55pm

Sorry about not posting sooner. Things did not go the way they should (do they ever? ugghhh...). I was only able to spare about half the cost of everything I needed, but I will try again next payday (7/29). Wish me luck!
Spamzm
Spamzm

Espresso: Silvano
Grinder: Vario
Drip: V60, Aeropress
Roaster: Behmor, heatgun +...
Posted Fri Jul 22, 2011, 5:07pm

DigiManTX Said:

Sorry about not posting sooner. Things did not go the way they should (do they ever? ugghhh...). I was only able to spare about half the cost of everything I needed, but I will try again next payday (7/29). Wish me luck!

Posted July 20, 2011 link

I hope it works out and you can buy your new toy. UPS delivered mine today.
Overtime was offered again. I ordered mine the night I set my OT hours for this month.

Spamzm: my silvano.jpg
(Click for larger image)
showing page 2 of 17 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Any one here...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.511740922928)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+