Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Bad recomendation From Coffeegeek
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Bad...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
Author Messages
zmillers

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012, 1:02am
Subject: Bad recomendation From Coffeegeek

Hello I was on your site a few days before Christmas looking for a coffee maker expresso machine. I reviewed your recomendations and I ordered a Saeco Xelsis Stainless Steel Product Price: $2,999.00. Coffeegeek recomended purchasing this machine from 1st in Coffee. I ordered it on line hopping to get it before Xmas but it came the day after, when i went to open the box i noticed it had alread been opened and resealed i took some pictures and then opened the box. What i found just floored me they had sent me a used machine it still had coffee grounds and sever wear on plastic parts, it also had alot of water staining on the metal parts in the water resevoir. I was at a loss for words how could 1st in Coffee send me a used machine. I have tried to resove this issue for two days now and they have been non reponsive at best I do not agree with your recomendations of this company and highly recomend not purchasing form them. Still have not recieved a answer to why they would ship a used machine to someone.

regards,

J

zmillers: 12-26-2012 075.JPG
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Link to this post
zmillers

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012, 1:03am
Subject: Re: Bad recomendation From Coffeegeek

More pictures

zmillers: 12-26-2012 072.JPG
(Click for larger image)
steven_meyer

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Alex Duetto 3.0, ECM  Giotto...
Grinder: HG-One, Mahlkonig K-30 vario
Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012, 2:03am

"Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings."
germantownrob
germantownrob

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012, 6:48am

http://www.1stincoffee.com/satisfaction.asp  you have 30 days to get it back for a refund.

Not sure where this review is, my searches didn't find any but if you had asked here before purchase you would have found out super autos are not regarded highly here and if it was a must have this is the one that gets recommended most of the time Click Here (www.chriscoffee.com)

Most long term use of super autos users report bad espresso and a very expensive toy that goes in the trash when it stops working since it costs as much to repair as buying a new one.

IMO I would send the machine back and start over, edit your post so it does not break rules, get the proper info you need to make the best decision for your needs, and enjoy the ride. Your budget is high enough to get you some great equipment that will last a very long time.
revolver1978
revolver1978

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky Doserless
Vac Pot: --
Drip: --
Roaster: --
Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012, 6:48am

Your situation is pretty unfortunate, but your dismay really should be directed at the company you purchased from, and the person whose recommendation you followed.
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012, 9:19am

I question why the two top posts in this thread were not deleted.
Could it be that 1st in coffee might be on holiday vacation? Mistakes happen in retail. I received some used burrs from one of the top-four resellers, but the problem was quickly rectified. Give 1st In Coffee a chance.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
BigStormGirl
BigStormGirl

Espresso: Olympia Cremina
Grinder: Baratza Vario/Peugeot Bresil
Drip: CCD
Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012, 11:37am

If 1st Line sent the wrong item (it happens to any retail store, no matter how good they are),  that is an issue that you need to deal with them directly.  Opening a CG account here, just to post this complaint, is very suspicious and uncalled for as well as breaking the rules.
calblacksmith
calblacksmith

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012, 11:45am

Is this the "review" you're referring to? "Saeco Xelsis Super Automatics"
If so, it is nothing but a blank place holder and there are no reviews on the listing.
This is all I could find when searching for the machine you referenced

On the whole we do not advise any super auto machine as they are all about convenience over good coffee and if you had asked us, we would have told you so.

1'st is a reputable vendor and I am confident that they will resolve the situation.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
1stline
1stline
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Undisclosed
Grinder: Indisclosed
Vac Pot: Bodum Electric
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:08pm

BigStormGirl Said:

If 1st Line sent the wrong item (it happens to any retail store, no matter how good they are),  that is an issue that you need to deal with them directly.  Opening a CG account here, just to post this complaint, is very suspicious and uncalled for as well as breaking the rules.

Posted December 28, 2012 link

Hi All,

We just wanted to clarify some points here. First and foremost, 1st in Coffee is a different company than 1st-line Equipment. Just as a disclaimer, we both do business with each other, both owners are named Jim, and we are located less than 10 miles apart from each other. And as suggested, the 1st in Coffee owner is on vacation this week.

Second, all Saeco machines are tested in Italy. They actually have an automated process to test ALL their machines, and there is always residual coffee in the brew group. In fact, looking at these pictures, this is normal for Saeco and the parts do not look severely worn.

Third, I believe you machine has a cup counter. I am not 100% sure, but you may be able to check this. counts by Saeco have been as high as 25 test coffees.

Fourth, in addition, Saeco in the USA does reopen the box as they add stuff with the shipment - I know this because I have visited their USA facility several years ago. I believe they still include a note that the machine was tested.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/1stline
Twitter: http://twitter.com/1stline
Blog: http://1st-line.blogspot.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/1stlineespresso
BigStormGirl
BigStormGirl

Espresso: Olympia Cremina
Grinder: Baratza Vario/Peugeot Bresil
Drip: CCD
Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:16pm

1stline Said:

Hi All,

We just wanted to clarify some points here. First and foremost, 1st in Coffee is a different company than 1st-line Equipment. Just as a disclaimer, we both do business with each other, both owners are named Jim, and we are located less than 10 miles apart from each other. And as suggested, the 1st in Coffee owner is on vacation this week.

Second, all Saeco machines are tested in Italy. They actually have an automated process to test ALL their machines, and there is always residual coffee in the brew group. In fact, looking at these pictures, this is normal for Saeco and the parts do not look severely worn.

Third, I believe you machine has a cup counter. I am not 100% sure, but you may be able to check this. counts by Saeco have been as high as 25 test coffees.

Fourth, in addition, Saeco in the USA does reopen the box as they add stuff with the shipment - I know this because I have visited their USA facility several years ago. I believe they still include a note that the machine was tested.

I hope this helps.

Posted December 28, 2012 link

Sorry about that Jim.  Should have had my glasses on before I read the OP.
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Bad...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.520430088043)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+