Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 241 of 261 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
MJW

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Fri Sep 13, 2013, 1:21pm
Subject: Re: Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread

carz07 Said:

we are talking about bes900 right?

Posted September 12, 2013 link

I appreciate the pointer, I wasn't able to make sense of that link though....
 View Profile Link to this post
michaelgo

Espresso: Breville 900XL
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Fri Sep 13, 2013, 2:11pm

MJW - Go to page 230 and near the bottom you'll see OC's post about taking a class.  Follow the comments and he talks about a bunch of settings that they played with.

Michael
MJW

Posted Fri Sep 13, 2013, 3:32pm

michaelgo Said:

MJW - Go to page 230 and near the bottom you'll see OC's post about taking a class.  Follow the comments and he talks about a bunch of settings that they played with.

Michael

Posted September 13, 2013 link

Thanks guys.  His name is "occoffeefan" (extra c there), and also my page length setting is different, so I see only 48 pages in this thread.  That's what was messing me up. :)

But I found it, plus lots of other very interesting information by OC and DavecUK.

Thanks again.
ryguy76

Espresso: BES900 Dual Boiler
Grinder: BCG800 Smart Grinder
Vac Pot: Aeropress
Posted Mon Sep 16, 2013, 6:01pm

Hi BDB Owners,

I just started getting a significant leak from the hot water spout on my Dual Boiler. It drips a drop every few seconds.  Anyone have any similar issues?  How did you solve it?

Thanks,
Ryan
carz07
carz07
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler
Grinder: Baratza Vario, Bodum Bistro,...
Drip: V60, Phin, Bonmac, Ame. Drip
Posted Mon Sep 16, 2013, 6:57pm

ryguy76 Said:

Hi BDB Owners,

I just started getting a significant leak from the hot water spout on my Dual Boiler. It drips a drop every few seconds.  Anyone have any similar issues?  How did you solve it?

Thanks,
Ryan

Posted September 16, 2013 link

hi ryan best you call breville, they will just replace your machine with a new /B , isnt it wonderful. anyway based on my experience i wouldnt call it a leak perhaps it might but i cant call it. after few weeks of using the bdb i have noticed that the hot water spout drips and i forgot if the steam wand did. i assumed condensation, or some steam to water thing as machine heats up. but it drips faster as from lets say 20 seconds to 10 seconds. puzzled i said to my self what am i NOT doing with the bdb that was built to be used. so i just turned on the steam wand and pretended to froth or steam milk or simply let it steam away. i made it as part of the prep after the purge and since there no more alarming drips. after sometime i lowered it to a quick steam like how you clean the nozzle after steaming, until i stopped doing it as a prep and no more alarming drips. that is just from my experience.

Travel the world with a cup of coffee
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
MerleApAmber

Espresso: Breville BES900
Grinder: Baratza Preciso + Esatto
Vac Pot: Yuma
Drip: bah-humbug
Roaster: Hot Top 2K P
Posted Mon Sep 16, 2013, 7:49pm

I've come to believe, with no eyes on the internals to confirm by the by, the hot water valve is a long'ish horizontal tube which takes off the brew boiler, and, when used for 'hot water' can leave some volume of water in the tube when you've drawn off what you wanted.  From that time until it all evaporates, water will (intermittently is a better word than occasionally) drip from the pour spout as you heat up and soak the group head and near by components. If you don't use it very often, the problem takes care of it'self sooner than later.  Not so much a fault as a flaw in design. ..but, take it as you will... In any case; I still love the machine, it still makes 4 to 6 good espresso/americano/latte's every day and it heats well enough that I don't have to spend the electricity to keep it all hot all day long.  So far, so very good.  As has been said - oh, so many times before.... YMMV.

Cheers!
toiler

Espresso: Breville 990XL
Grinder: Vario W
Posted Mon Sep 16, 2013, 8:00pm

I had the same leak issue Ryan, and it got worse over time. It also leaks a bit more  while pulling a shot. Sounds like Breville want to replace the machine.
MerleApAmber

Espresso: Breville BES900
Grinder: Baratza Preciso + Esatto
Vac Pot: Yuma
Drip: bah-humbug
Roaster: Hot Top 2K P
Posted Mon Sep 16, 2013, 8:16pm

one thing I didn't consider, if one uses mineral'd water this could be a valve failing to seat. Then it's a far worse proposition. In my case, I 'seeded' the boiler with some mineralized water and then use reverse osmosis processed in my daily libations. (thanks toiler, You reminded me to come at it from another angle.)
kid_drew
kid_drew

Espresso: Breville BES900XL
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Drip: French press is the closest...
Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013, 7:43am

I posted this question on the forum, but I thought I would ask here too.  Anyone get very erratic results from their preset buttons?  I load and pack my basket the same way every time (18g measured, strong tamp).  Sometimes I get a full 2oz shot, but sometimes it stops short closer to 1-1.5oz.
carz07
carz07
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler
Grinder: Baratza Vario, Bodum Bistro,...
Drip: V60, Phin, Bonmac, Ame. Drip
Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013, 8:05am

kid_drew Said:

I posted this question on the forum, but I thought I would ask here too.  Anyone get very erratic results from their preset buttons?  I load and pack my basket the same way every time (18g measured, strong tamp).  Sometimes I get a full 2oz shot, but sometimes it stops short closer to 1-1.5oz.

Posted September 20, 2013 link

if dose is constant, tamp is constant, then check grind setting based on coffee age.

although some post here spoke about funky preset buttons, not too many use the preset here, i dont use preset.

Travel the world with a cup of coffee
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
showing page 241 of 261 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.432861089706)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+