Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Shopping for a new machine
LavAzza Espresso Machines
Awesome capsule espresso machines. Perfect for home, office and restaurant applications.
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Shopping for a...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012, 6:49pm
Subject: Re: Shopping for a new machine

washburned Said:

Do you guys realize for every off topic post on my help thread I get an email?  So I come see what has been posted only to read your off topic conversation.

Posted November 26, 2012 link

Sest La Vy . . . or should I say, "No feces, Frodo."  It comes with the territory.  Don't you realize we ALL get those emails?  And, overall, 95+% of those emails are right on topic.  But this is a community of people, a community -- in many cases -- of old friends who have never met; and, yes, there are some times when we digress . . .

You can always change your preferences so as NOT to get an email.  Or, you can join in the digression and have fun!  It's up to you.

Cheers,
Jason

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
 View Profile Link to this post
washburned

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra II
Grinder: Baratza vario
Posted Sun Dec 2, 2012, 1:55pm

JasonBrandtLewis Said:

Sest La Vy . . . or should I say, "No feces, Frodo."  It comes with the territory.  Don't you realize we ALL get those emails?  And, overall, 95+% of those emails are right on topic.  But this is a community of people, a community -- in many cases -- of old friends who have never met; and, yes, there are some times when we digress . . .

You can always change your preferences so as NOT to get an email.  Or, you can join in the digression and have fun!  It's up to you.

Cheers,
Jason

Jason, Let me first say I appreciate the help you have offered with my espresso needs. I guess I could have asked if we could stay more on topic. But in my defense 9 of the 21 comments posted were off topic. That is a tad short of 95%.  

As for the shopping dilemma I am now looking at grinders first. But I think I would still like to upgrade the machine. If I don't upgrade soon I might try the PID mod. Would that help with the water getting to hot?
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Sun Dec 2, 2012, 5:27pm

Grinder is very important. Put your money there first.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
washburned

Posted Sun Dec 2, 2012, 6:39pm

Coffeenoobie Said:

Grinder is very important. Put your money there first.

Posted December 2, 2012 link

This is all so much more complicated than I realized.  So I am looking for a grinder and I think I found a good deal on a breville 900xl.
IMAWriter
IMAWriter
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, Preciso/Esatto, KyM...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600, CO/UFO combo
Posted Sun Dec 2, 2012, 7:25pm

washburned Said:

Do you guys realize for every off topic post on my help thread I get an email?  So I come see what has been posted only to read your off topic conversation.

Back on Topic.
Apologize for the question, but does this Gaggia have a 3 way pressure release valve?
If not, for better temperature control, the steam wand needs to be bled as soon as the ready light goes out the first time. 2 seconds, close the steam valve, and allow the machine to get to it's proper temperature.
Please lets stay on topic for our OP!

BTW, great advise on spending on the grinder, though  he can spend far less, say on a refurb Baratza Preciso...$259 or so?

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
washburned

Posted Thu Dec 6, 2012, 7:44pm

IMAWriter Said:

Back on Topic.
Apologize for the question, but does this Gaggia have a 3 way pressure release valve?
If not, for better temperature control, the steam wand needs to be bled as soon as the ready light goes out the first time. 2 seconds, close the steam valve, and allow the machine to get to it's proper temperature.
Please lets stay on topic for our OP!

BTW, great advise on spending on the grinder, though  he can spend far less, say on a refurb Baratza Preciso...$259 or so?

Posted December 2, 2012 link

I do not believe it has a 3 way release valve.  When you say to bleed the steam wand is that during initial warm up before I extract?  Where is the reccomended place to find the refurbished Baratza?

thanks
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Shopping for a...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Italian Coffee
Italian coffee beans, grinds and pods from Kimbo, LavAzza, Miscela d'Oro & Bristot. Qty. discounts!
www.espressozone.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.418494939804)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+