Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
nuova simonelli master cappucchino coffee machine help needed.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > nuova simonelli...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
deleted

Expertise:

Posted Sat Nov 24, 2012, 11:36am
Subject: nuova simonelli master cappucchino coffee machine help needed.

hi everyone please forgive me if this is in the wrong section i do agologise so i have the machine above all has been running great untill now i turned the machine on everything is good the tank fills with water and the heating process starts all goes well the machine heats up perfect but when the machine has been on for 20/30 mins water starts squirting from what i think is a blow off valve i have found something on the internet stateing it could be a solenoid what has gone and it is not telling the machine when the tank is full.????i could be wrong.
any help/info would be very much gratefull i need to get my machine running again as i am drinking tea.
cheers ste
 View Profile Link to this post
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Sat Nov 24, 2012, 12:08pm
Subject: Re: nuova simonelli master cappucchino coffee machine help needed.

A quick search of your machine shows it to be a Superautomatic machine with a 1 gallon (3.5L) boiler and a 2500 watt heater. I would guess that it takes about 5 to 8 minutes to get to 212 F, and perhaps another 8 or so, minutes to overheat to the point that the safety blows to let off overpressure water. I would be looking at the control circuit for the heater. I really doubt you are overfilling. Do you hear the pump running when the valve pops or is the machine just heating?

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
deleted

Expertise:

Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012, 4:12pm

the machine started up as it should with no problems i even made a coffee sat down and the other half came running screaming whats it doing i was like i have no idea turn it off.
i dont remember hearing the pump come on when it started squirting from the safety valve maybe i didnt leave it on long enough my 1st thought was turn it off, i have made 6 cups of coffee in 1 go and the pumps only came on for 2/5 seconds to add more to the tank.

i have enough time to make a coffee before it blows but i have only turned it on twice since this has started
any ideas where i can get parts also any idea what you think it maybe
cheers ste
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012, 5:28pm

It sounds like the hheat regulating system is faulty. If the pump wascrunning when the safety poped it MIGHT have been a overfill problem but if the machine was just sitting there and it poped, my best guess is that it has lost themethod it uses to regulate heat and thw boiler is heating out of control.

Superautomatic machines hav a LOT pf breakdown issues, just one reason amoung many that w3e for the most part are not very fond of them.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
deleted

Expertise:

Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012, 7:16pm

no the pump was defenitly not running when the safety poped i also forgot to mention turning it on i got the messege like group heating error or something like that what would you recomend changing first my plan is to get it sorted and sell it as its a bit to big for the kitchen anyway and invest in another machine.
what machines would you recomend in the price range of 400-500
thanks for your help
cheers ste
deleted

Expertise:

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:43am

do you think it could be the pressurestat.?
cheers ste
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > nuova simonelli...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.361932992935)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+