Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Does anyone know of a Gaggia Retailer that offers an additional warranty?
Italian Coffee
Italian coffee beans, grinds and pods from Kimbo, LavAzza, Miscela d'Oro & Bristot. Qty. discounts!
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Does anyone know...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Fri Nov 23, 2012, 11:57am
Subject: Re: Does anyone know of a Gaggia Retailer that offers an additional warranty?

BrookNYC Said:

I a still banging my head against the was as I spent another $15 at Starbucks today.

Posted November 22, 2012 link

Is that because of the $15? or the fact that the coffee sucked compared to what you could have made at home?  ;^)

BrookNYC Said:

I have a few more question if my Gaggia were to breakdown where would I send it to get fixed, other than the manufacturer.

Other than the fact that I think you re worrying about nothing*, anyone can fix a Gaggia!

BrookNYC Said:

Should I just wait and save up for the CC1. This is my first purchase and I want it to be a good machine that I can grow on.

I'd grab the Gaggia Classic NOW.  It's a rock-solid, tried-and-true design that has withstood the test of time.  But that's me; YMMV . . .

Cheers,
Jason

*  Again, I had two Gaggias, one lasted 12-13 years, before I replaced it with another; that one lasted 15+, and I pretty much abused the hell out of them.  Back in the 1970s and '80s, no one told me I had to descale them, or backflush, or do any sort of maintenance whatsoever!

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
 View Profile Link to this post
BrookNYC

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Nov 23, 2012, 12:11pm
Subject: Re: Does anyone know of a Gaggia Retailer that offers an additional warranty?

OK everyone I have decided to purchase the Gaggia Classic without the warranty from Amazon and the Preciso grinder from SCG. Warning if the Gaggia breaks down within the next two years I will become the most annoying member trying to get it fixed. If in two years I turn into a true espresso fan I will purchase an Oscar and know that my money is going to a hobby I love.
BrookNYC

Posted Fri Nov 23, 2012, 12:20pm

Is that because of the $15? or the fact that the coffee sucked compared to what you could have made at home?  ;^)

It's because of the money, My husband just spent another $25 today. Sorry to disappoint you but I have no idea what good espresso tastes like my drinks are all milk and syrup, hopefully I will develop a discerning pallet for true espresso with Gaggia.

YMMV? Your money my vote?
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Fri Nov 23, 2012, 1:48pm

YMMV=your mileage may vary.

Your palate will grow really fast.  I know mine did and I did not drink coffee at all one year ago. Now I have two really nice cappas in the morning.  3-4 oz of milk down from at least 12oz. If I could just get rid of the sugar... but that is my sweet tooth's fault not espresso...

And $40 is a lot of money towards your purchase, so I think you are making a good move to make it yourself.  

And no member is more annoying than me, so back off lady.  :)

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Fri Nov 23, 2012, 1:51pm

Hate to tell you the bad news, but after the Gaggia you might want an even better machine than my Oscar.  See, told you I was more annoying.  :)

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
BrookNYC

Posted Fri Nov 23, 2012, 8:48pm

Coffeenoobie Said:

Hate to tell you the bad news, but after the Gaggia you might want an even better machine than my Oscar.  See, told you I was more annoying.  :)

Posted November 23, 2012 link

Yes, I may want one but my purse will make an outcry so loud, you will even hear it in your neck of the woods. I going to give you a run for your money. I can't wait for my Gaggia to get here.
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Does anyone know...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.446791172028)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+