Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Does anyone know of a Gaggia Retailer that offers an additional warranty?
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Does anyone know...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
Author Messages
BrookNYC

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 7:20am
Subject: Does anyone know of a Gaggia Retailer that offers an additional warranty?

I would like to purchase a Gaggia Classic with an additional warranty but from a specialized dealer similar to SCG. I have only been able to find the Classic with a warranty from Amazon. I trust Amazon however being a novice I think I may benefit from having a retailer I can refer back to in case I have any problems.

I plan on purchasing the Baratza Preciso grinder to go along with it. I can't afford nor do I want to deal with finickyness of the Ranchilio Silvia. The only other option I have found is the Via Venezia which seems a step down from the Classic.
 View Profile Link to this post
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 8:01am
Subject: Re: Does anyone know of a Gaggia Retailer that offers an additional warranty?

Here.

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
BrookNYC

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 8:37am
Subject: Re: Does anyone know of a Gaggia Retailer that offers an additional warranty?

They only include the manufactures warranty not an additional one like Amazon and SCG offers on some of their machines. I know I am being picky but an additional warranty would make me feel a lot more comfortable.
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 9:53am

Pick all you want, but I wouldn't worry . . . I had two Gaggias over a 25 year period . . . they worked LONG after I was ready for an upgrade.

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
BrookNYC

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 10:55am

I am a little disappointed. I noticed that I was able to put the Gaggia in my cart from WLL and add the warranty however WLL charged $50 extra to go through Amazon. I called and asked them if they would make a price adjustment or even issue me a merchandise credit and they refused, they didn't even try to work with me a little. Now I really don't want to go through them to get the Gaggia. I know Gaggias are not prone to break downs but if I needed help I highly suspect WLL will be equally unhelpful as they just were towards my request, which I don't believe was unreasonable. I wanted to put the $50 credit towards also buying a grinder from them but they don't seem to care about business.
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 11:39am

Amazon takes a large hunk of the sale but you would think they would help you out one way or the other.  I would not worry about the amazon warranty because the machines are not the hard to fix.  I bought used and had to fix a lot on him but I am very happy.  My husband freaks out every time I open the espresso machine but really they are simple machines.  And even I could fix them and I am a girl with only girl tools.

I would get the one from SCG like you originally wanted to and not worry about it.  The manufactures warranty will be good enough to know if it works or not.  Really they are much more user fixable than a car.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
BrookNYC

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 12:07pm

They said Amazon takes some profit but still it's better to take a $50 loss and have a repeat customer than be so rigid in their stance. Even if they would have offered a $25 credit I would have went with them because it would have shown me that they appreciate their customers. Well at least I now have experience with their customer service and know to now go with SCG. If I had the time to fix a machine I would enjoy it but there just is not enough hours in the day. I have a new born, a 3yo daredevil son and a 6yo that brings home really advanced homework. Between the kids and helping my husbands business part-time I can barely get a 10min latte break in the morning let alone fix a machine. Perhaps once they are all in school I will be a little more handy with fixing things around the house but for now time is of the essence. Thanks for all the help.
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 12:19pm

I don't expect you will have to work on it for years and it will not be a big deal if/when you do.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Intrepid510

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 12:33pm

You should've just offered to go through their site, or they should're referred you there. I had bought my Classic through them and was very please with their service. I actually was able to get a price adjustment from them because they put the machine on sale the week after I bought it. They really could've just stuck me with the higher price because the return shipping/restocking fee to then buy it again would've been more.

Like others have said you shouldn't have to worry about fixing the Classic, you probably are going to want to open it up to turn down the over pressure valve. However, that is another story.

Less water, more grounds.
BrookNYC

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 12:44pm

I can still go through their website but I would not be able to get the warranty. I don't think a $50 credit it much to ask for since I would be using it to purchase another product through them . My husband and I own a business and occasionally take losses either to get new customers or keep existing customers happy. I am sure the profit they would have made from the grinder would have covered their $50 loss. I understand that most people have had good experiences with the Classic but,  the fact is some did not, even if that some is 1%. I don't want to end up kicking myself in a year because I did not get a warranty. I am not asking for a lower price, I am simply asking for them to adjust their amazon price to reflect the price on their website.
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Does anyone know...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.379621982574)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+