Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
New Guy FINALLY bought something
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > New Guy FINALLY...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
CoffeeHealth

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sun Nov 11, 2012, 3:17pm
Subject: Re: New Guy FINALLY bought something

Well, the new guy often lurkes without signing in.  

And I am still enjoying the coffee..one easy cup at a time...thanks for the Black Cat recomendation!

Happy Drinking !

BTW, the 8 O'Clock reference was mean to be a joke
 View Profile Link to this post
Dooglas
Dooglas
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Vibiemme Junior
Grinder: Vario, Virtuoso
Drip: Bonavita, Bodum press
Roaster: GeneCafe, Behmor
Posted Sun Nov 11, 2012, 7:21pm

CoffeeHealth Said:

So I brought the new Krups Combo Machine, the Krups Grinder and the Escali Scale; total cost about $300 and it looks great on the counter-top! (taste good too)

Posted August 12, 2012 link

Okay we failed on convincing you what a minimum setup might look like. Now we have to go to work on your taster :-)
SpromoSapiens
SpromoSapiens
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Riviera Eagle, '91 Livietta,...
Grinder: Vario, KA ProLine, Sozen...
Drip: Clever, V60
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Sun Nov 11, 2012, 7:23pm

Good one, Coffeehealth! 8 O'clock -- ha!

At the risk of coming off a bit vainglorious, I gotta say this whole thing has been kinda hilarious, but i mean it in the most affectionate way possible to all involved. Classic! With all due respect, the Krups could well appear to some as part and parcel to the 8 O'Clock joke, and if that were true, you'd be like the Andy Kaufman of online espresso dorkery. I think you did make the purchase though, and that's great; I'm definitely on board with the "whatever makes you happy" crew, and I'm sure the shiny new thing will make you happy (for a time, although tend to agree that it may not be a lasting joy if truly excellent coffee is the goal). I also certainly mean no disrespect to any frustrated CGs; there were indeed some very articulate and thorough responses to your various queries, and the outcome, is, well, it's kinda funny. Apologies to what feathers have been ruffled, and thanks to all for a pitch-perfect web-forum kerfuffle. I mean, imagine summing up your car-washing thread on Autogeek by saying "alrighty, I picked up some Ajax and my kid's supersoaker, I think I'm good, thanks!"

CoffeeHealth, if you do mosey on over to Home Barista, I'll certainly tune in, as it's true that over there they tend to pull more shots than punches, if you get what I'm sayin'. In the mean time, íSalud!    :)
steven_meyer

Espresso: Alex Duetto 3.0, ECM  Giotto...
Grinder: HG-One, Mahlkonig K-30 vario
Posted Sun Nov 11, 2012, 7:53pm

Why do I get the feeling Coffeehealth has been pulling our chain?
Markarian
Markarian

Espresso: ECM Technika IV Profi WT-WC
Grinder: Baratza Forte AP, HG One
Vac Pot: Bunn Trifecta MB
Drip: Moka, Aeropress, Hario V60
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012, 3:11am

I think we all need a little down-to-earth every once in a while. You know what makes me deliriously happy sometimes? Drinking an entire moka pot of decaf with pumpkin syrup and half and half. Other times, I won't rest until I've brewed the perfect shot and slave over Oscar with a stopwatch and a tiny measuring glass. We're all here to have fun and make a great cup of java while we're at it.
dorkroast
dorkroast

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Drip: Cheapo Melitta pourover
Roaster: Behmor, Popcorn Pumper
Posted Tue Nov 13, 2012, 10:29am

Markarian Said:

I think we all need a little down-to-earth every once in a while. You know what makes me deliriously happy sometimes? Drinking an entire moka pot of decaf with pumpkin syrup and half and half. Other times, I won't rest until I've brewed the perfect shot and slave over Oscar with a stopwatch and a tiny measuring glass. We're all here to have fun and make a great cup of java while we're at it.

Posted November 12, 2012 link

Amen to that.

Sometimes I want my perfect espresso, and other times I used my leftover espresso reject grounds and make a pour over with half/half and sugar.

As long as a coffee based product is making him happy I must applaud him on this forum. ;)
Perked
Perked

Posted Tue Nov 13, 2012, 11:02am

Well, it was some tough love that he received. No one wants to experience buyer's remorse.

To the person that said 8'oclock is not recommended here: actually I've seen it recommended a few times. Not as a proper solution, but more as a "if you're going to go with store bought, it might as well be 8'oclock."
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > New Guy FINALLY...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.405714988708)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+