Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Need Help:: NS Musica or Rocket R58
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Need Help:: NS...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 7 of 8 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
lukeap69

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Nuova Simonelli Musica Lux
Grinder: Nuova Simonelli MDX
Posted Sat May 4, 2013, 9:10am
Subject: Re: Need Help:: NS Musica or Rocket R58

Hi Ammar

I have the same dilemma as you were few months ago. Are you still happy with your Musica after few months of use? I am in Dubai so I believe there is more support here for other brands. Although the price of Musica here with lux is cheaper than say Giotto Premium Plus which I find a bit amusing.

I have yet to inquire the price of Expobar Brewtus which is alson on my shortlist. The mini vivaldi seems to be on the expensive side as I received the quote from the retailer.

Cheers
 View Profile Link to this post
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Sat May 4, 2013, 10:55am

If you don't hear from him in a few days,  shoot him an email directly he has not logged in for a few months.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
lukeap69

Posted Sat May 4, 2013, 12:00pm

Thanks for the advice Coffeenoobie.
AMubaslat

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Nuovo Simonelli - La Musica
Grinder: Eureka Mignon Instantineo
Drip: Bosch
Posted Sat May 4, 2013, 10:16pm

Hello lukeap69,

Apologies for not getting back earlier as i was away.

Well, it is true that with your being in Dubai, you have a number of options as opposed to my case.

Now, with respect to the NS Musica, I have owned it and used it for almost 6 months now and i couldn't be any happier. The quality of espresso as well as the milk froth is excellent and quite frankly, i'm not sure if i need anything more than that. I can confidently say that i'm no more enjoying Espressos and Lattes outside. In Kuwait, the support for NS is very good. I once called the dealer to arrange for a brew-head gasket replacement, next day at 9:00 AM it was all done with no questions asked. Thus far, i had no malfunction or issue with the machine whatsoever.  

Now, since you are in Dubai, i would suggest you also check the R58 from Rocket. You may find it at RAW Coffee; Kim & Matt will give you a wholesome advise since they do also sell the Musica (as of few months ago when i visited them). I am sure they will bundle the machine with a sample of their exceptionally fresh coffee.

Whatever you end up deciding, my recommendation is to ensure you observe the regular cleaning procedures. Along with decent coffee beans, of course, this will guarantee you non-stop enjoyable espresso drinks.

I hope i managed to give you the feedback you were looking for. If you still have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thank you,

Regards,
Ammar
lukeap69

Posted Fri May 10, 2013, 1:08am

Ammar

Many thanks for giving your time to reply. I was in discussion with Matt of Raw Coffee (I buy roasted beans from them) but unfortunately their rocket espresso machines are quite pricey compared to European and US price (my reference in pricing). The good news is their NS Musica Lux costs the same as their Rocket Giotto Premium Plus (around 2170USD) which seems to be a no brainer for the La Musica Lux.

There is even better news. I have found another retailer of NS that offered me the Musica at less than 1600USD! I got an offer for NS MDX grinder for about 600USD! That means I paid for the Musica Lux and the MDX grinder for less than the price I had to pay if I purchased from Raw Coffee!

I was really looking for Eureka Mignon or Baratz Vario for my grinder bug the offer I got for MDX is very good. Anyway, I will need few more weeks to wait for my kit to arrive since most retailers do not have any stock.

Hope to enjoy La Musica as much as you do.

Cheers
AMubaslat

Posted Fri May 10, 2013, 1:44am

Way to go lukeap69,

May I also suggest that you consider purchasing the grinder online? I got my Eureka Mignon (doserless) online from Elektros in Italy for a total cost that is less than 50% of the quote I got locally. The Eureka Mignon is an excellent stepless, doserless grinder with an amazing build quality.

BTW, the only thing that held me from getting the Rocket R58 directly from the factory in Milan was the absence of local support. At that time, I got an excellent quote (1750).

I wish you good luck and great experience with whatever setup you end up with.

Thank you,

Regards,
Ammar
lukeap69

Posted Fri May 10, 2013, 2:40am

Thanks Ammar. The R58 price you quoted is very good but after shipping cost and the custom duty, it will end up almost the same as buying it locally.

Re grinder, I have already purchased the NS MDX which I believe is a commercial grinder. It is not compact but I'm sure I will find a place in my kitchen.

Can you give me some suggestions of the coffee beans you brew?

Cheers

Arnold
AMubaslat

Posted Mon May 13, 2013, 7:46am

Well, this is where I am really having double trouble...

In Kuwait, it is very hard to find some decent top quality coffee beans. Luckily, I travel frequently, so whenever I get the chance, I tend to bring in a KG or two. Last time, I had the pleasure of trying freshly roasted Ugandan beans. They were quite good. Whenever I'm in Dubai, I make sure I get RAW's Ethiopian Sidamo.

Other than that, I'm stuck with Illy's medium rost, which is alright, but not so fresh.

My next big thing will be home roasting...

Thanks,

Regards,
Ammar
lukeap69

Posted Mon May 13, 2013, 7:53am

I see. I like RAW's sidamo as well. Luckily, there are few choices here in Dubai and some deliver for free. I will try most variants of RAW before trying out Coffee Planet and Orbis.

Cheers

Arnold
Troyza

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Aug 27, 2014, 4:13pm

Interesting, thanks!
showing page 7 of 8 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Need Help:: NS...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.374444007874)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+