Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Automatic Espesso and Cappuccino machines
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Automatic...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
margot2012

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Sat Oct 27, 2012, 9:57am
Subject: Automatic Espesso and Cappuccino machines

Hi,

I have had the Saeco Magic Comfort Automatic Coffee Machine for at least six or seven years in my house and never had any problems. I always used bottle water and always descaled it when the machine required it. I would like very much to find a similar quality or better machine smaller, more compact and which would allow me to warm up the milk separately just like the gran dama Delonghi machine.

I have seen sveral type of machines, Saeco Xelsi, Jura, delonghi gran dama, and it is very confusing and difficult to select one of the that would be equivalent to my saeco magic comfort plus but with milk froth separately.

Anyone there can recommend which machine and where I can buy it for the best price. This machine is to be used in spain, in andalucia.

thank you.

margot2012
 View Profile Link to this post
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Sat Oct 27, 2012, 10:08am
Subject: Re: Automatic Espesso and Cappuccino machines

Margot, welcome to CG.  You have what is called, at least in English, a super-automatic machine -- one which, in effect, does everything for you -- as opposed to a semi-automatic, or full-automatic; you may want to read this so that we are all on the same page when it comes to terminology.  (Tiene una super-automática, en oposición a un semi-automático o totalmente automático.)

Most of us here do not use super-automatics, as they trade convenience for quality in the cup.  That said, there are some here who use them, and I'm sure someone will post here shortly.

ˇSalud!

Jason

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
margot2012

Posted Sat Oct 27, 2012, 10:27am

thank you Jason for your promt reply.  You are correct, I am looking for a super automatic machine, one grind automaticly the coffee for for each cup. the rinse is dine before each cup, etc. The only thing I don't need are all the fifferent levels of intensity, some machines like Jura have 5 levlels of intensity and allows for 6 or more people to prgram their coffee. There are only two of us so the multiple level of intensity and multiple programms are not needed. What is extremely important, how easy to make the cappuccino and lates, how creamy the black regular coffee come out, how great the milk froth is an d especially how hot the coffee comes out.

Margot2012
margot2012

Posted Sat Oct 27, 2012, 10:29am

thank you Jason for your promt reply.  You are correct, I am looking for a super automatic machine, one grind automaticly the coffee for for each cup. the rinse is dine before each cup, etc. The only thing I don't need are all the fifferent levels of intensity, some machines like Jura have 5 levlels of intensity and allows for 6 or more people to prgram their coffee. There are only two of us so the multiple level of intensity and multiple programms are not needed. What is extremely important, how easy to make the cappuccino and lates, how creamy the black regular coffee come out, how great the milk froth is an d especially how hot the coffee comes out.

Margot2012
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Automatic...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Green Unroasted Coffee
Free shipping. Save 15% on variety pack, use 'variety' at checkout
www.madbeanscoffee
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.357643127441)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+