Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Office machine advise
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Office machine...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
joatmon

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012, 5:39am
Subject: Re: Office machine advise

Removed
 View Profile Link to this post
dyqik

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Bezzera BZ07 PM
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso Preciso...
Vac Pot: Cona D
Drip: Bona-Vita, CCD, Aeropress.
Roaster: Gene Cafe, Modded Poppers
Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012, 8:19am

Have you considered a prosumer machine for the experts alongside a good super-auto for those who don't want to bother or for when you don't have the time?  Say a Quickmill Monza (which gets pretty good press around here, for a super-auto, although I haven't used one), alongside a double boiler or HX machine?  That also deals with some of the issues with maintenance etc., as you have a backup in place.
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012, 8:24am

leroygibbs Said:

So, the thinking with the need for 2 groups is exactly the wait. While it's not high volume, people tend to drink coffee at the same time, and that could be an issue, especially when we have visitors and a set schedule. This becomes 10-20 drinks in 15 minutes, hence my concern. On a positive note, we do enlist a part time person, so they'd make coffee or run drinks them when we have visitors. Dquring regular days, then each person makes their own... I don't mind people using it, heck, it can be fixed, and if they screw things up too bad, then they can pay to fix it...

Posted October 10, 2012 link

Unless your "part time person" is a serious barista, even with a 2-group, it's going to be difficult for him/her to churn out 20 drinks in 15 minutes.  (IMHO, of course, as is everything else I write here.)  And regardless of the relative few number of "addicts" in the office normally, I've seen/heard of too many machines "damaged" by untrained multiple users -- ergo, my concerns re: daily operation and the operators.    

leroygibbs Said:

With regards to the lever, I didn't think Pompeii was in the budget, but I haven't come across a 2 group for sale.

Izzo Pompei 2-group is $3,3995.

leroygibbs Said:

In terms of maintenance, that is mine.

The appointment of a dedicated individual to do daily and weekly maintenance, as needed, is essential.  Glad to hear it will be you.  That eases, but does not eliminate, my own concerns re: multiple users.  Still, I've had prosumer machines get f****d up in offices twice when I went on vacation, and found zero maintenance done in my absence.  Both times it necessitated taking the machines in for costly repairs.  I no longer let anyone use the HX machine in my office but me.  I'm happy to make drinks for other employees -- then again, it's a small office with only 5 employees, plus clients -- and this has eliminated the problem(s).

Every office is different, but I think you can understand where my concerns originate.

Cheers,
Jason

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Office machine...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.379390954971)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+