Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread
Quick Mill Andreja
Best bang for the buck in E-61 Espresso Machines.  In stock, free shipping, 2 yr warranty!
cupandbrew.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 59 of 129 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
slybarman
slybarman
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Sun Oct 7, 2012, 9:17am
Subject: Re: La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread

mnz Said:

Aha, now I get it. Since the water being pumped into the boiler during the cooling flush is colder, the temperature during the flush will drop faster. Makes sense.

Posted October 7, 2012 link

Correct - except the water doesn't go into the boiler. It goes through the heat exchanger.

See this general hx image from coffeetimeuk:

slybarman: hx.jpg
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Link to this post
Rob55
Rob55

Drip: Cuisinart
Posted Sun Oct 7, 2012, 11:28am

Hi guys .. been awhile since i stopped in and it took some time to catch up on all I hadn't read since last I was here.

A quick question... is anyone else besides me having trouble with the fuse under the power plug blowing out? If so do you just keep replacing it or have you found a fix? This morning I had my 8th fuse blow out since I got the machine in Dec. After the first one went I keep spares on hand.... sadly last time I got 3 and about a week ago I had to replace one and the next one went out about 30 minutes later and so no more spares and I had to break out my Lelit to have my morning fix. These fuse are slow blow and cost about $3.50 a pop.... so I have about 25 bucks in fuses in 9 months... and its getting old. I am glad I kept the Lelit as a back up. :-)
slybarman
slybarman

Posted Sun Oct 7, 2012, 11:54am

Never had one go out. I think you need to investigate why they are blowing. Fuses don't go for no reason.
Rob55
Rob55

Posted Sun Oct 7, 2012, 7:54pm

I seen you talk about Metropolis Redline early in the thread... I thought I would try some if it was reasonable. $13.25LB ... but couldn't find any shipping info. SO.. I figure what the heck I will try some. Go to check out and its 9 bucks to ship it .. hahahaha.... I will drink water.
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Sun Oct 7, 2012, 8:02pm

I've bought from Metropolis, and it was never that expensive -- and I live in California.  Then again, shipping for a single pound is always the most costly option.

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
slybarman
slybarman

Posted Mon Oct 8, 2012, 6:24am

Rob:

Maybe just as well. I have recently given up on Redline (again) because it is just too inconsistent for me from bag-to-bag. John (Mr. Feineant) recommended Double Dog espresso from Buddy Brew and I found it to be much like what Redline used to be (or maybe sometimes still is on a good day). I have been enjoying it very much.
Rob55
Rob55

Posted Mon Oct 8, 2012, 6:28am

yes Jason ... I knew it wouldn't be cheap. I expected 4 or 5 and I was willing to do that to try it. I hate to order 5 lbs not knowing if I will like it or not, plus I got 5lbs of Redbird on the 29th.  I know coffee has gone up and so has shipping... but 8.95 for fedex ... I wasn't willing to go that high. USPS has got to be way cheaper ... Redbird is further west and I get it 2 days post roast. Chicago is right next door to Ohio ... LOL.
Rob55
Rob55

Posted Mon Oct 8, 2012, 7:09am

Thanks Steve. I checked it out. Not much different pricing wise. $22.20 for Redline delivered and $20.50 for the Double Dog. Hard to justify ...Rebird in 5LB is $10.38 delivered. Apples to oranges since that is in 5lb size, but still..... I ordered a pound anyhow.

I looked at "parts" on 1st-Line for the Cuadra. They show a 15A fuse. I have had mine apart and the only glass style fuse I seen was in the plug. That one is T6.3AL 250V which is nothing like a 15A. I wonder if this adresses my problem with blown fuses... perhaps some others have had the problem and they recommend to go to the bigger fuse. I guess I need to call them and see if I can get any info.
slybarman
slybarman

Posted Mon Oct 8, 2012, 7:17am

Matter of personal taste of course, but I was never wowed by Redbird. I thought it was OK, but nothing special. I know a lot of folks really like it, but it wasn't for me.
Rob55
Rob55

Posted Mon Oct 8, 2012, 7:25am

I like the Redbird, but like you said personal taste. I really liked their Sweet Blue, but when a new crop of coffee came in I didn't think it tasted the same, in fact I really didn't care much for it. I did like the Blue Jaguar though which is strange since it is a blend made with the same Sweet Blue ...go figure. I also Like Chris Coffee Black Pearl. I was pretty much switching between the Black Pearl and Blue Jaguar staying mostly with the Black Pearl. This time I decided to go with the Redbird as a change of pace. I was pleasantly surprised, it was even better then I remembered.
showing page 59 of 129 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Gourmet Organic Coffee
Temblor is a smooth high-grown Guatemalan coffee that presents notes of spice and chocolate.
thelostgringo.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.400952100754)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+