Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > The Crossland...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 13 of 14 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
scanfield

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: La Nuovo Era Cuadra
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Tue Aug 7, 2012, 8:12pm
Subject: Re: The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)

JonR10 Said:

Coffeegeek has been working on a new site build for (2, or 3?) years, so this is a short delay in comparison.  My (very positive) review for the Ceado E7 grinder was submitted a year ago this month and has not been published yet either.  

Posted August 7, 2012 link

I still say it's a bit disrespectful to accept machines for review or article submissions from people like yourself then sit on them for months or even years. The value of the CC1 reviews will be considerably less if Crossland ships a CC2 in a few months.

I'm guessing you put in a significant amount of care and thought into your Ceado E7 review. Doesn't it bother you at all that your effort has been for nothing so far? If I were in your shoes, I'd have a hard time motivating myself on another coffeegeek article in the future. If major community contributors lose their motivation to contribute, the site could lose most of its value.
 View Profile Link to this post
hotwasabipeas
hotwasabipeas
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: NS Oscar
Grinder: KitchenAid ProLine
Drip: Keurig Vue, B70,Tassimo T65,...
Roaster: Wear Ever Popcorn Pumper...
Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012, 8:16am
Subject: Re: The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)

Four more days left in August and no reviews yet - oh well maybe before Christmas :)

Please visit my website!

www.planetwasabi.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
hotwasabipeas
hotwasabipeas

Espresso: NS Oscar
Grinder: KitchenAid ProLine
Drip: Keurig Vue, B70,Tassimo T65,...
Roaster: Wear Ever Popcorn Pumper...
Posted Wed Oct 3, 2012, 1:08pm

Hello!  Anyone home???  This thread seems to be DEAD..sorry for resurrecting it again but I can't help wondering why we haven't seen the reviews from the road trip published yet.  It's almost a year since this thread was started...it's taking so long I wonder if the CC1 took a roadtrip through all seven continents..

Please visit my website!

www.planetwasabi.com
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Wed Oct 3, 2012, 1:17pm

Dead thread? Not just dead... Dead, boxed, buried, prayed over, and the flowers have died. It is too bad. I almost put my name in to test it, but had some other digital commitments on the horizon and didn't want to commit to testing it when I couldn't guarantee that I could complete it in a timely manner. I have heard it referred to as responsibility. Being that Bill is a tiny entity in this industry it would have been nice to do him the justice of posting the review in a timely manner.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Espresso: Allex Duetto II
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Wed Oct 3, 2012, 1:48pm

Not doubting that it took to long anyway but just to point out the reviewers did not finish until May or close. Misunderstanding grows best in a vacuum of information. My concern is people might mistakenly get the wrong impression regarding the machine while waiting for the results.

That said editing the results reviews into  one useful format would have to be an editing nightmare like i just cannot imagine.

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
MisterJohnnyT

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch
Posted Sat Oct 6, 2012, 10:41am

"Hear hear" if you don't care about a single cohesive review and would rather just see each person's individual review until they get their act together...

HEAR HEAR !!!
jbviau
jbviau
Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Preciso / LIDOs
Drip: Trifecta MB / Eva Solo...
Posted Sat Oct 6, 2012, 10:45am

^^^ +1. Just post them here individually and let members sort through them. I thought *I* had perfectionist tendencies...
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Sat Oct 6, 2012, 12:31pm

It has been a year now.  I would not hold my breath.

And Kat is short with dark hair, I saw them at the SCAA event and went over to say hi.  They were very nice.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
EricBNC
EricBNC
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: QM Silvano, LP Stradivarius,...
Grinder: K30, Major, Preciso, Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C30, Bodum Santos...
Drip: Bonavita BV-1800,...
Roaster: Behmor, Melitta, Fresh...
Posted Sun Oct 7, 2012, 4:15am

jbviau Said:

^^^ +1. Just post them here individually and let members sort through them. I thought *I* had perfectionist tendencies...

Posted October 6, 2012 link

I agree this would be the speedier solution, but I will honor the original terms I agreed to before the road show started.  

I have said it before, and a few owners have posted (thanks) their impressions of the machine. These are, in my opinion, more valuable than my short experience with the machine. The CG section for consumer reviews recommends waiting past the honeymoon phase before posting a review for any new acquisition. This extended time with a machine is needed to understand and speak knowledgeably about the strengths and weaknesses of that particular piece of hardware.

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?
Gig103

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: French press!
Posted Sun Oct 7, 2012, 3:40pm

Prof Said:

Heh, I think Kat and Gail only show up on Sundays when the shop is closed.  That must be when they do their chatty but informative reviews.

Posted August 7, 2012 link

I have no idea about Kat, but I've called SCG and had Gail answer the phone and answer a question.

(only bothering to respond to this because Coffeenoobie mentioned Kat a few above me)
showing page 13 of 14 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > The Crossland...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.409317970276)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+