Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Bezzera owners thread
Great Espresso at Home
Curated selection of the best machines from La Spaziale, Izzo, Quick Mill, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Bezzera owners...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 31 of 39 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
tedegreene
tedegreene

Espresso: Bezzera BZ40
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Tue Aug 14, 2012, 2:37pm
Subject: Re: Bezzera owners thread

edmonton66 Said:

I live in a hard water zone and don't want to have to deal with the the heavy duty style descaling necessary on an HX machine.

Posted July 29, 2012 link

What is meant by heavy duty style?  Hard water will require more frequent descaling but it's real easy especially if there is a drain valve on the boiler.  Just pump the descaling solution into the boiler the same way you do with water, heat it, let it sit in the boiler and run some thru the group head via the brewing path, drain and/or flush with fresh water, rinse with more fresh water via the normal pumping function and you're good to go.  

If not limited by cost considerations, seriously think about an HX if you think you will ever steam milk with any frequency. A few times dealing with switching between brewing and steaming temps will be more trouble than an occasional descaling in my opinion, and it is difficult to get optimal results, either the coffee or the milk will be cooling while you wait for the temp adjustment to be ready for the other duty. You can do it sure, but it will get old if circumstances change and you steam more frequently than you anticipate.  The Bezzera HXs are all reported to produce so much steam it's easy to brew and steam with out pause or even simultaneously.
 View Profile Link to this post
Lyvyo
Lyvyo
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Bezzera BZ10
Grinder: Vario
Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012, 11:44am

If you can return in time, what would you have bought? A Bezzea with E61 group or with electric heated group?
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
jjeans

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Mon Sep 3, 2012, 2:01pm

I've had my new BZ07 for a week, and it's just fantastic.  I haven't had coffee so good since I moved away from Montreal, ten years ago!  Worth every dime.

I'm having issues with the warning lights, though.  Every time I turn on the machine the LEDs all flash in unison, indicating that the boiler water is low.  It isn't; the sensor is just far too sensitive.  If I reseat the tank in the back several times, the lights eventually turn off.  Anyone else have this issue?

I've spoken to the folks at idrinkcoffee a couple of times, but have yet to call when the tech support is in.
IB
IB
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Kim Lever, Bezzera BZ07
Posted Mon Sep 3, 2012, 7:43pm

jjeans Said:

I've had my new BZ07 for a week, and it's just fantastic.  I haven't had coffee so good since I moved away from Montreal, ten years ago!  Worth every dime.

I'm having issues with the warning lights, though.  Every time I turn on the machine the LEDs all flash in unison, indicating that the boiler water is low.  It isn't; the sensor is just far too sensitive.  If I reseat the tank in the back several times, the lights eventually turn off.  Anyone else have this issue?

I've spoken to the folks at idrinkcoffee a couple of times, but have yet to call when the tech support is in.

Posted September 3, 2012 link

If I'm reading you right, it sounds like the flashing lights relate to the water tank sensor, not the boiler refill sensor.  I have the non-dosing BZ07 and i don't believe mine flashes that way in either case.
Anyway, since re-seating the tank helps, maybe you should just take the case off and examine the weight sensitive mechanism under the tank, and any wire connections to that, etc.  You very well may see something obvious.

It's kind of nice to have an excuse to open the machine up if you haven't done so already.

best,
ib
jjeans

Posted Mon Sep 3, 2012, 9:19pm

IB Said:

If I'm reading you right, it sounds like the flashing lights relate to the water tank sensor, not the boiler refill sensor.  I have the non-dosing BZ07 and i don't believe mine flashes that way in either case.
Anyway, since re-seating the tank helps, maybe you should just take the case off and examine the weight sensitive mechanism under the tank, and any wire connections to that, etc.  You very well may see something obvious.

It's kind of nice to have an excuse to open the machine up if you haven't done so already.

best,
ib

From the manual, "the LED lights on the keypad flash rapidly: low water level in boiler."  I expect you're correct, I should open it up to see where the boiler is and what's underneath it.  Richard at idrinkcoffee was able to confirm that it's a weight sensor.

Thanks!
IB
IB
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Kim Lever, Bezzera BZ07
Posted Tue Sep 4, 2012, 12:48pm

jjeans Said:

From the manual, "the LED lights on the keypad flash rapidly: low water level in boiler."  I expect you're correct, I should open it up to see where the boiler is and what's underneath it.  Richard at idrinkcoffee was able to confirm that it's a weight sensor.

Thanks!

Just to be clear here - when i say tank i'm talking about the reservoir where you add water at the back of the machine - not the boiler.  I get that the flashing lights are suppose to relate to boiler water level...but since you say that reseating the tank seems to address it, that's a place to start.  BTW, does the boiler refill work normally - like if you draw off around a half a cup of hot water from the machine's spigot, will it then refill?  The refill will sound like a louder version of the pump running, and  last like 8-10 seconds.
jjeans

Posted Tue Sep 4, 2012, 12:57pm

IB Said:

Just to be clear here - when i say tank i'm talking about the reservoir where you add water at the back of the machine - not the boiler.  I get that the flashing lights are suppose to relate to boiler water level...but since you say that reseating the tank seems to address it, that's a place to start.  BTW, does the boiler refill work normally - like if you draw off around a half a cup of hot water from the machine's spigot, will it then refill?  The refill will sound like a louder version of the pump running, and  last like 8-10 seconds.

Posted September 4, 2012 link

I spoke to Lloyd (tech support) at idrinkcoffee, and he suspects that a screw is loose underneath the reservoir.  So, as you suggest, the lights probably refer to the reservoir rather than the boiler.  Which means that if your pump isn't refilling correctly, the sensor wouldn't alert you...?  

My refill is working properly, I can hear it drawing.

I found the following on bestcafes.com:  "The water tank seems to have a bit of flex in the bottom, which stops it from triggering the water sensor. I've jury-rigged some alfoil for the moment, but I'll need to sort it out at some point."  I'm going to contact that user for clarification, but it does seem that a closer inspection of how the reservoir triggers the sensor is warranted.
zuluafonu

Posted Fri Nov 30, 2012, 2:53pm

Hi Lyvyo,

What was the source of your leakage under your machine? Did you fix it?
Lyvyo
Lyvyo

Posted Sat Dec 1, 2012, 5:43am

yes! solved!

Thanks god, was the overfill of the residual water tray :)  Be more careful about this aspect!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
dougz

Espresso: Bezzera BZ07
Grinder: Lelit PL53
Drip: Technivorm
Posted Wed Dec 26, 2012, 4:19pm

I'm going to pull the trigger finally on a Bezzera BZ07P from idrinkcoffee..  My Gaggia Pure is on it's way out..  I have a Lelit PL 53 grinder that will be next on the upgrade list.

Probably going to get a bottomless portafilter for it..  See what's going on, no build up of grossness to worry about..
showing page 31 of 39 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Bezzera owners...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.415500164032)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+