Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
choose espresso machines, what about rocket cellini evoluzione v2?
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > choose espresso...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
carlo_c

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Fri Aug 3, 2012, 11:22am
Subject: choose espresso machines, what about rocket cellini evoluzione v2?

hi, i want to buy espresso machines, i want rocket cellini evoluzione v2.
what do you think about that machine?
the price for this machine is 1450 (1795$) ... is a good price?
thank.
carlo
 View Profile Link to this post
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Fri Aug 3, 2012, 11:53am
Subject: Re: choose espresso machines, what about rocket cellini evoluzione v2?

Hi back at ya!

That is a very good machine and the members here that have them or machines by ECM or Rocket are very fond of them (I have an ECM, a little bigger than that one)

The build quality of any that I have seen has always been great and it should last you many years without trouble with proper maintaince such as regular descaling, changing the group head gasket etc, normal things you need to do with any machine.

In the U.S. the average price (not on a sale) is in the range of $2,200 so your price seems to be a good one.

To go with that machine, you will need a good grinder, have you given any thought to which grinder you intend to buy? As a ballpark price to start looking, you should be looking at grinders that start at $500 and up, when new. Used commercial grinders can give you a very good price for performance ratio, so you might want to see if someone by you is selling one, I have no idea what the market is like in your country.

What is your goal in espresso? Straight shots? milk drinks? both? How many drinks a day of each type?
I ask because though that is a VERY nice machine, it might not serve your needs or you might be better suited with a different style of machine. That Rocket should be able to be used for light commercial service, so it should suit the needs of nearly user but depending on how you like your espresso, there might be other equipment better suited for you.

I am not trying to talk you out of it, NO NOT AT ALL! I LOVE those machines! I just want you to buy the RIGHT machine FOR YOU!

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
carlo_c

Posted Sat Aug 4, 2012, 5:48am

hi, thanks for your reply.
so, I love full-bodied and creamy cofee, but whit sweet and round taste  cofee.
I need of power STEAM!!! I need  Micro foam because I love a good cappuccino!
I want to know, if the dual boiler machine can be better for me... at the same budget of cellini evo v2, I can buy vibiemme junior dual boiler, but vibiemme haven't
rotary pump, but have  an vibration pump.
so, very good cofee but power of steam too...
I drink 3-4 cofee at the day, and 2-3 cappuccino..

for the grinder i have think about "macap M4" doserless (360;450$) ,  flat grindid blades of 54 mm, 250 W power, it's similar at the mazzer mini but very less expensive..
what do you think about macap m4?
have  you  another idea about machine and grinder?
tanks. have a good day.
carlo
morik

Espresso: QM67/Twist
Grinder: Vario-W/Preciso/SlimMill
Drip: V60/AeroPress
Posted Sat Aug 4, 2012, 9:27pm

I personally really like the VBM  specs and look.  The Rocket looks hot too but I just can't get past the tiny drip tray which I know would cause spills for me.

Also I am one of those firm believers in the dual boiler camp compared to HX machines.  It's just so simple for me to ignore the convenience of having a PID to control brew temp.

Either way you can't go wrong, both are solid machines and it comes down to personal preferences.  Enjoy the research, you will learn alot as I have!
dsblv

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Rocket Giotto Evoluzione
Grinder: MACAP MC4
Posted Sun Aug 5, 2012, 11:05am

The Rocket Evo is a great steamer.  I bought Rocket's optional steam tips and use a 4 hole tip with my machine. I've found that the 4 hole tip produces better microfoam than the stock 2 hole tip.  

There are other good machines in this price range.  I believe the Rocket is an excellent choice due to the quality, features and performance of their machines.  Having a rotary pump is a big plus.  It's much quieter than a vibe pump and is much more durable.  You can plumb the Evo's drip tray to overcome the smaller size of the drip tray. My drip tray drains to a container under my counter which works great.

Rocket's updated Evo V2 machine offers improvements like boiler insulation and quieter rotary pump operation.  The new dials also look pretty cool.

I have a MACAP MC4 paired with my Evo and get great results. The MC4 has a worm gear for adjusting the grind and this makes it easy to fine tune things.  The grinder is relatively quiet.  Earlier reviews in Home Barista show that the MACAP delivers results comparable to the Mazzer Mini at lower cost.
calblacksmith
calblacksmith

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Mon Aug 6, 2012, 9:04am

It really comes down to personal preferences and how you like to work.
For me, the PID is not a big deal one way or the other, both machines need a flush before brewing one to warm up the group and the other to cool the over temp water from the system, not much different either way.

I drain my plumbed in machine into a bottle and I have no problems, it is a 4 gal bottle and I go about 3 to 4 weeks on a bottle. I am plumbed in for supply.

I like my rotary pump but I have good luck from a vibe pump too. I think the better built machine would have the rotary pump but like I said, vibe works too. Either machine will give you all the steam you desire.

I like HX as there are less parts to go wrong and they are rock solid but then that DB isn't bad either.

Your money, your choice, either will work. The grinder is more important than the machine, do NOT skimp on the grinder, I think the one you are looking at will not bring out the best from either machine, you need a grinder in the SJ or better class. YMMV!

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CSME9
CSME9

Espresso: Isomac Tea, Rancilio Silvia,...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Moka Pot
Roaster: BBQ Roaster
Posted Mon Aug 6, 2012, 9:40am

The VBM Junior DB is a solid performer, E61 grouphead, thick espresso shots, good steamer for home use, has a larger drip tray, i believe the water tank is a bit smaller than most. Overall good quality, has a vibe pump which are cheap to replace. Good Luck.
GDK

Espresso: MiniVivaldi II, preinfusion,...
Grinder: Baratza Vario W
Posted Mon Aug 6, 2012, 12:01pm

The LaSpaziale Mini Vivaldi II seems to be reasonably priced in Italy at ~1600 Euros:

http://shop.lagondola.it/product.php?pid=499&nav=

There are many happy owners (including me) and few discussions about problems. It is a commercial machine which has a design similar to the larger commercial espresso machines you see all over Europe.. Here is a link to a very helpful dedicated forum:

http://www.s1cafe.com
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > choose espresso...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.539031028748)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+