Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Isomac Tea II, III, IV, who is telling the truth?
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Isomac Tea II,...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
z0s0123

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012, 10:06am
Subject: Isomac Tea II, III, IV, who is telling the truth?

I'm in Europe, and looking to buy an Isomac Tea.  Two of the online stores that seem to be reasonably well regarded are "Coffee Italia" and "La Gondola".

On their respective websites they show identical photos of what appear to be a version "II".

I've had a few emails back and forth with both proprietors, and I'm probably more confused than when I started.

They both assure me that they are selling the latest model - whatever that is.

One of the retailers website had the version II listed, but updated his website to say version "IIII" after my email!  I've never heard of such a thing.  He said it has a copper boiler.  The official Isomac website indicated that the Tea has a stainless boiler.  He didn't respond when I queried him about whether / why they've changed it back to copper.

The other proprietor has indicated that he's selling version 3, but he's got two different models, the only difference between them being 60 and a "cool touch steam wand". Again, Isomac's website makes no mention of this.

The photos I've seen of version 3 appear to have a very different steam wand design; it looks like it's double walled.

Anyone purchased from either of these retailers?  I'm more than a bit concerned.
 View Profile Link to this post
RodUK

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Isomac Tea II ... Espro...
Grinder: Vario-W ... Espro Tamper
Posted Fri Jun 22, 2012, 7:31am
Subject: Re: Isomac Tea II, III, IV, who is telling the truth?

z0s0123 Said:

I'm in Europe, and looking to buy an Isomac Tea.  Two of the online stores that seem to be reasonably well regarded are "Coffee Italia" and "La Gondola".
On their respective websites they show identical photos of what appear to be a version "II".
Anyone purchased from either of these retailers?  I'm more than a bit concerned.

Posted June 21, 2012 link

I bought what was called an Isomac Tea II (2012) in the UK for 40 more than the price that "Coffee Italia" quote. I decided to pay the extra because I'd read some fairly poor comments about their after sales performance and thought the 40 extra that I paid insignificant enough when able to visit a store, see the item and talk personally with the seller to help me decide whether to trust them with my money. By visiting I also saved the price of shipping and the risk of any hassle caused in getting it fixed if it were damaged en route to me. The retailer was called My Espresso Ltd and their price remains the same today http://www.myespresso.co.uk/product.php?xProd=42 . He told me the II is the newest version in Europe (hence the 2012 part of the label) but in the USA there is a version III which I think has insulated wands that the II doesn't have. I bought a couple of insulating sleeves for the wands at 1.99 each which given the good price I paid for the Tea II seemed reasonable to me. I found this shopkeeper resistant when it came to negotiating good prices for other items, so would suggest if using them to do your research and be prepared to get your other items elsewhere.

Hope this helps, btw I love my Isomac Tea which is used in conjunction with a Vario-W grinder.

BW
Rod
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Isomac Tea II,...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.324696063995)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+