Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Bezzera owners thread
LavAzza Espresso Machines
Awesome capsule espresso machines. Perfect for home, office and restaurant applications.
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Bezzera owners...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 30 of 37 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
drdreydel

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Bezzera BZ07
Grinder: Le'Lit Pl53
Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012, 2:21pm
Subject: Re: BZ07 Baskets & Nekid PF

I just got a BZ07 and ordered the Astoria bottomless PF from espresso parts per your comments below. Unfortunately, I found that it will not fit my machine with a basket in place. Locks snugly without a basket, but won't go at all with a basket in place (tried a few different ones, seems like it's just a little bit off somewhere). Odd!

masterbrewer Said:

Well, to answer some of my own questions:

- the Synesso 18g basket fits like a dream right into the stock PF without bottoming out or anything so that's a good option for anyone looking for a cheap and easy upgrade. Shots were instantly better.
- The (AS_59B) Astoria/RIO/Brasilia Factory Cut Bottomless Portafilter from Espresso Parts fits perfectly and also comes with a 21g giant triple basket which I haven't used yet since I'm so happy with the Synesso 18g.

Still working this machine out on the temp surfing et al, meanwhile enjoying some very nice shots with the standard 30 psi tamp.

Cheers all :)

Posted July 17, 2010 link

View Profile Link to this post
faaparasite

Espresso: Bezzera BZ99
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly
Drip: Technivorm
Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012, 3:48pm
Subject: Re: Bezzera owners thread

I've been a BZ99 owner for about the last 10 years.  About 3-4 years ago, I installed a PID on the machine and shortly thereafter I got a Scace for it.  For the last several years I've been working with a digital thermometer that had no data logging capability, but today I got a data logger.  I'm going to refine my technique a bit with the datalogger, but hopefully by this weekend I'll be able to post some charts which may be of some use to the owners of the BZ99, BZ02, the Livia 90, and perhaps some other models.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.  I'll try to monitor this thread for the next few weeks.
dtlord
dtlord
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera BZ07sde
Grinder: Super Jolly, Virtuoso
Vac Pot: Silex Victory, Cory, Sunbeam...
Drip: pour over w/ mesh or paper
Roaster: A nice guy named Roy
Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012, 4:57pm

Hell BZ Owners,

I have had  BZ 07 for around a month. The OPV is still factory set to 11 or what ever they set it at. I am getting fines in my cup and though it may not be because the pressure is too hi I do believe that setting the OPV to 9 would solve the problem.

So, for those who have adjusted the OPV. What method did you employ? A modified backflush basket? Or, did you use a portafilter that didn't have the slits in the top? If you used a different portafilter which one fits best. I pretty much blew my budget already without getting another portafilter. However I'm sure I would put it to good use. Friends are already starting to come over for espresso on the weekends.

BTW....whats the average charge for a shot in you home?

.....No matter where you go, there you are...
faaparasite

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012, 6:32pm

dtlord Said:

So, for those who have adjusted the OPV. What method did you employ?

Posted April 24, 2012 link

The only way I have ever checked my OPV was by using a pressure gauge that screwed into the spot for the spout on the portafilter.  It's my understanding that some of the new BZs have a dual gauge that measures boiler pressure and shot pressure.  If you have one of those I would assume you just use a normal backflush basket and just check your gauge.
faaparasite

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012, 7:09pm

Amazingly it didn't take me long at all to get off and running with the data logger.  Here's one of my first attempts.  The method I use is to set a pretty low boiler temp (212.5 degrees or around .7 bar on the gauge) combined with a fairly small flush (about 1.5 oz).  After flushing, I wait for my PID to bottom out and start to recover, which is about 30 seconds or so.  This gives me a low at the 9 second point of 199.7 and a high at the 25 second point at 200.5 for a .8 degree shot variance.  At this point I'm pretty pleased with the result, but by this weekend I'll have some more time to play around with my technique and see what else I can squeeze out of this old machine.

BZ99 test run
Lyvyo
Lyvyo

Espresso: Bezzera BZ10
Grinder: Vario
Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012, 10:16am

Hello,
I have a Bezzera BZ10, from one year, and last months I notice that some times, under the espresso machine (on back, right side), I find cold water, about 200-250ml. Lately I carefully monitored the entire process of brewing but I saw no water flowing from a strange place. Probably occurs when you are not expecting...

The espresso machine is regularly backflushed with Joe Glo, but never descaled. I use an Everpure Claris softner, and daily I prepare only 3-4 double espresso/cappuccino. The brew pressure was lowering at 9.5 bar (10.5 with blind filter). The grinder is a Vario.

My suspicion is this fose: http://www.home-barista.com/forums/userpix/6137_bezzera.jpg

Anyone had this problem?
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Cubanero

Espresso: Bezzera Giulia
Grinder: Mazzer mini
Roaster: popcorn roaster!!!
Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012, 12:51am

I used to see water under my Giulia some time ago but it was water going all the way under the drip tray under the machine boiler. I thought it was a leak but it wasnt. Your link doenst work but except that you could probably show us a picture of what you mean. The machine has holes underneath , how did you see 250ml of water gathered there?
Lyvyo
Lyvyo

Espresso: Bezzera BZ10
Grinder: Vario
Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012, 1:39am

Sorry for the broken link!

Maybe now is more clear: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8117/6137bezzera.jpg
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Cubanero

Espresso: Bezzera Giulia
Grinder: Mazzer mini
Roaster: popcorn roaster!!!
Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012, 2:11am

Honestly I dont know what are these pipes but my machine has them also.
edmonton66

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2012, 12:56am

Heya.  I'm looking at maybe pulling the trigger on the BZ09 single boiler.  Mainly because I live in a hard water zone and don't want to have to deal with the the heavy duty style descaling necessary on an HX machine.  The only place I've seen it for sale in Canada is here:              
click here  

I have read the thread "calling all bz09 owners" and I will scroll through the thirty pages here but I was hoping that any of those owners might come out of the woodwork and tell me what they think of their machines.  Any insight into the steaming capabilities would be greatly appreciated too.  I don't do milk drinks myself but some friends do.  

I like the electrically heated group vs E61 for scale build up reasons and the .5liter boiler (bigger then silvia and lelit) and more amps then them too.  Still don't know if it has a 58mm PF too.  Love the option to control the water temp.  Why do I get the feeling that I'm talking myself into this as I type?
showing page 30 of 37 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Bezzera owners...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.356962203979)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+