Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Is the Breville BES830XL that bad ?
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Is the Breville...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
Author Messages
dzitt

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Avanti Capri
Grinder: Breville BCG450XL
Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012, 7:34pm
Subject: Is the Breville BES830XL that bad ?

Hi, I'm curently looking to replace my Breville Cafe Roma with an other espresso machine. Not going to spend 1000$ on a machine, but still, don't want to buy something that I'll regret again. Recently I was reading here on the forum and the Breville  BES830XL and the model it replace don't really seems to be that good...

I do understand that Gaggia and Rancillio makes better machine, but what can I found in Montreal (Canada) that could fit in a 500$ max budget ?

dzitt
 View Profile Link to this post
cappuccinoboy

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Milano pod, Milano fully...
Grinder: grind on demand
Posted Sat Mar 17, 2012, 10:09am
Subject: Re: Is the Breville BES830XL that bad ?

dzitt Said:

Hi, I'm curently looking to replace my Breville Cafe Roma with an other espresso machine. Not going to spend 1000$ on a machine, but still, don't want to buy something that I'll regret again. Recently I was reading here on the forum and the Breville  BES830XL and the model it replace don't really seems to be that good...

I do understand that Gaggia and Rancillio makes better machine, but what can I found in Montreal (Canada) that could fit in a 500$ max budget ?

dzitt

Posted March 16, 2012 link

why not visit Espresso Mali ?, it seems they have a good line of espresso machines,  you can find them at www.espressomali.com
Ciao, Pietro
dzitt

Posted Sat Mar 17, 2012, 10:10am

I found few Gaggia espresso machine under 500$. Which one would be the best for regular use (not daily though) ?

dzitt
D4F

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Baratza Forte-AP
Posted Sat Mar 17, 2012, 10:21am

Just recently went through a similar thought.  With Gaggia SBDU units like the Classic, you get basically the same unit in different housing.  You pay more for the stainless housing in the Classic vs plastic, but the operation is similar.  I looked up parts diagrams on each and found similarities and differences.  I wanted the adjustable OPV and the 3 way selenoid, the variable parts.  If interested, see parts here for the various machines.

http://www.partsguru.com/

Best is then your pocket and how it fits your space.

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
dzitt

Posted Sun Mar 18, 2012, 5:58am

cappuccinoboy Said:

why not visit Espresso Mali ?, it seems they have a good line of espresso machines,  you can find them at www.espressomali.com
Ciao, Pietro

Posted March 17, 2012 link

I'll try to stop by. It is actually near my office, so in a lunch time, I'll have enough time to stop by and see what coulf fit both my needs and budget !

dzitt
dzitt

Posted Sun Mar 18, 2012, 5:59am

Is this the Gaggia machine you were talking about ?

Click Here (www.gaggia.com)

dzitt
pmdesherb

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Breville Cafe Roma
Grinder: Baratza Vistuoso
Roaster: Yes but not anymore
Posted Sun Mar 18, 2012, 6:20am

I am also in the same situation. The last week, i bought one at Costco. The price is 300 compare to 450 elsewhere. Got home, unpacked it, fill with water, plugged it and push the start button. No water coming out. I returned it and got another one. Same thing. No water is coming out. Not sure i will try a third time. But maybe since buying through Costco give me a 2 years warranty. I don't want to (can't) pay much more than that.

So what is the problem with Breville?
dzitt

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012, 6:44pm

pmdesherb Said:

So what is the problem with Breville?

Posted March 18, 2012 link

From what I have been told today, the BES830Xl have the same mechanical parts as the Cafe Roma, the entry level espresso machine from Breville. You only pay for a bigger casing and few other options...

dzitt
MARIOBARBA
MARIOBARBA

Espresso: Ascaso DUO Prof TRONIC
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012, 7:26pm

If you're interested I have an Avanti Capri from Mali for sale.  I could do 200$, it sells for 400$ at Mali.
http://coffeegeek.com/forums/members/buysell/560858
dzitt

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012, 4:43am

dzitt Said:

Is this the Gaggia machine you were talking about ?

Click Here (www.gaggia.com)

dzitt

Posted March 18, 2012 link

Learned yesterday that Gaggia was bought by Phillips and that new models are made of cheaper parts...will have to look elsewhere for a good espresso machine in the price range I'm looking for...

dzitt
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Is the Breville...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.4309258461)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+