Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
DeLonghi EC155 (and EC152CD, EC310, etc.) Modification Guide & Ideas
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > DeLonghi EC155...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 11 of 20 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
Nickfrogger
Nickfrogger
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia V3 w/PID,...
Grinder: Forte, Lelit PL53, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Yama TCA-5 Siphon
Drip: V60 (A red one!)
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Dec 26, 2012, 4:01pm
Subject: Re: DeLonghi EC155 (and EC152CD, EC310, etc.) Modification Guide & Ideas

D4F Said:

This is the fix that many do for steam.

http://coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/machinemods/555131

Posted December 26, 2012 link

That's the one I used and it works just fine!

~Nick

There's a big difference between drinking coffee to wake up and waking up to drink coffee.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
hjkelly

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Nuova Simonelli Oscar
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: Aeropress
Posted Wed Jan 16, 2013, 8:40pm
Subject: Re: DeLonghi EC155 Modification Guide & Ideas (& ECC152CD)

soad_x83 Said:

Unclamp the hose clamp connecting to the steam wand to the hose, and take the hose off

Posted October 3, 2012 link

Hi all, just got my Silvia steam wand in the mail today, and I'm trying to remove the steam tube from the stock steam wand. I've never dealt with this kind of clamp, though (or any parts/appliances like this, really). How do I remove it? Do I need a special tool? Do I just pinch/pull in a certain area?

Please help! Must learn latte art. :)
-Harrison
 View Profile Link to this post
D4F

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Baratza Forte-AP
Posted Thu Jan 17, 2013, 11:26am
Subject: Re: DeLonghi EC155 Modification Guide & Ideas (& ECC152CD)

Yes, pinch the ends to make the circle clamp expand.  The clamp may be a bit stuck in place from heating and cooling, and the wand may be stuck in the end.  You can always remove the top clamp where it is easy to get to and take the hose and wand out and then work on it.  Tool for most of us is pliers to both squeeze and work the clamp free while sgueezing.  I am assuming that yours is like the EC701.

Click Here (www.ereplacementparts.com)

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
PeanutButterBoy
PeanutButterBoy
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Delonghi EC155
Posted Sat Feb 9, 2013, 5:53am
Subject: Re: DeLonghi EC155 (and EC152CD, EC310, etc.) Modification Guide & Ideas

I've had this machine for several months now, but I'm no longer getting ANY crema. I made a shot and took a photo right after, here's the result: http://i.imgur.com/DtrKCe9.jpg?1

I've only had this machine since August 2012. Here's what I've done so far:

- I've opened/cleaned both filters.
- Ran a long cycle of white vinegar, followed by 2 long cycles of water.
- Removed the filter attached to the machine (where the portafilter attaches to) and cleaned all the gunk out.

Still no crema.

Any ideas how can I fix this? Is there a problem with my pump?

Thanks,
Nick

The Peanut Butter Boy
http://peanutbutterboy.com
D4F

Posted Sat Feb 9, 2013, 11:21am

I doubt that it is a pump problem since you did not mention poor flow, just crema.  

Are you using the stock pressurized system, or have you depressurized? If pressurized, have you cleaned it well.  Your pressurized system can get a bit gunked up.

I will ask about beans, but sounds like you have not changed that variable, whatever you are using.

What are you getting for flow out of the shower screen?  Is it even?

Is the machine clean of cleaner, does the water without coffee come out clear and taste ok?

D4F also at
PeanutButterBoy
PeanutButterBoy

Posted Sat Feb 9, 2013, 12:33pm

I have not depressurized this system. I've been using it every weekend since August 2012 with no changes at all - I still use the same coffee, same water, same everything. It just randomly stopped producing crema. Once it stopped producing crema, I did the vinegar run followed by 2 hot water runs. I also cleaned the shower screen (is that the piece that touches the portafilter when it's connected?).

So I just checked the flow out of the shower screen and it's predominantly coming out of two spots. I would say 90% of the water is pouring from 2 locations, with the rest dripping from 3-4 other spots, but it's not an even flow. What's this mean?

The cleaner (vinegar) taste is gone, the water tastes fine straight.

Any ideas?

The Peanut Butter Boy
D4F

Posted Sat Feb 9, 2013, 1:05pm

So that we are on the same page, so to speak, I like to use this diagram.

The shower screen or diffuser is held on by a single screw.  You can remove that and then see if there is blockage behind it.  Easily removable for occasional cleaning, and you may have done that, as opposed to just cleaning off the outside.

PeanutButterBoy Said:

I also cleaned the shower screen (is that the piece that touches the portafilter when it's connected?).

Posted February 9, 2013 link

D4F also at
D4F

Posted Sat Feb 9, 2013, 1:23pm

IIRC, the shower screen diffuser is the only mechanism to diffuse the single stream from the center parts 56 and 57 on the diagram.  If the screen is clean and clear underneath, then probably what you see is what you get as far as diffusion of flow.  In that case, if you rotate the screen say 90 degrees, the streams will not rotate, but will stay the same.

Have you tried brewing since the descale?

What did you do to clean the basket and pressure assembly?  Soak in a cleaner, not descaler?  Disassemble?

D4F also at
PeanutButterBoy
PeanutButterBoy

Posted Sat Feb 9, 2013, 3:48pm

By basket and pressure assembly, do you mean the filter cups (23 and 24 on the parts list)? I took those apart, soaked them in warm water, washed them thoroughly, let them try, then put them back together.

I'll check for more blockages behind the shower screen and try twisting it. Will report back.

The Peanut Butter Boy
D4F

Posted Sat Feb 9, 2013, 4:19pm

Yes, I meant 23 and 24.  I tried to include the photo of tht from the site, that did not come through on the link above.  Glad you understood.

Have the beans gotten too old?

Has the flow changed, still the volume in the cup that you used to get?

Have you disassembled the pressure assembly before?  Did you first disassemble it after the crema failed?

D4F also at
showing page 11 of 20 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > DeLonghi EC155...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.455830812454)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+