Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 168 of 257 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
cuznvin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 8:34pm
Subject: Re: Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread

carz07 Said:

i am a newbie and i come to this forum to get help and learn, bubbadude and the rest have been very helpful. LEARNING from the guys WHO ARE USING THE SAME MACHINE AS I DO - caps to emphasize.

for the past days i am seing talks about china and what not and it has come to a point that perhaps mr. cuznvin is way too concerned about the built and china base manufacturing of the machine than the end cup of the bdb and it is just eating the inbox. May i suggest mr. cuznvic that you open a different section regarding "machine manufacturing" there you can discuss manufacturing details, please be informed also that this is a bdb OWNER'S section, non owners are welcomed to read up and get info.

This section is about bdb, sharing info and inputs about your bdb machine to help others achieve what you have achieved with their bdb machine.

As a newbie in espresso, let me just put it straight as how a newbie would see this china thing and please mr. cuzvin answer me. - IF ITS MADE FROM ITALY WOULD A BDB PULL ME A BETTER ESPRESSO SHOT? ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT THE DESIGN DONT MATTER AS LONG AS ITS NOT MADE FROM CHINA, THEN MY ESPRESSO WILL BE PULLED PERFECTLY?

Again i come here to learn how to pull a good espresso from my BDB and to learn from people who has it and has experienced pulling a shot from it.

Posted February 22, 2013 link

If you read this comment: I have no issues with this machine at all.. I dont think it is junk. I just dont like where it is manufactured.  You would already know it has nothing to do with the machine. Apple, General Electric, and others are starting to bring manufacturing back to the US, Europe, and South America... obviously, it can be done - otherwise Vitamix and Blend Tec wouldn't exist... Anyway.. This is my last comment about this here on this thread. One day you will all see the light.
 View Profile Link to this post
carz07
carz07
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler
Grinder: Baratza Vario, Bodum Bistro,...
Drip: V60, Phin, Bonmac, Ame. Drip
Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 8:43pm

cuznvin Said:

If you read this comment: I have no issues with this machine at all.. I dont think it is junk. I just dont like where it is manufactured.  You would already know it has nothing to do with the machine. Apple, General Electric, and others are starting to bring manufacturing back to the US, Europe, and South America... obviously, it can be done - otherwise Vitamix and Blend Tec wouldn't exist... Anyway.. This is my last comment about this here on this thread. One day you will all see the light.

thanks, I am here in the Philippines and I totally understand china made product issues, believe me we get those stuff more here. and perhaps american company's just dont want to deal with china anymore (i dont want to touch politics, QC or what not) but what matters to me is this thread helps me pull a better espresso from my BDB be it from china or italy. I assume that manufacturing dont shift locations overnight, so for now, i will be very happy to see informations from this thread about bdb and the end cup and what it can do and stuff.

Travel the world with a cup of coffee
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
cuznvin

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 8:47pm

carz07 Said:

thanks, I am here in the Philippines and I totally understand china made product issues, believe me we get those stuff more here. and perhaps american company's just dont want to deal with china anymore (i dont want to touch politics, QC or what not) but what matters to me is this thread helps me pull a better espresso from my BDB be it from china or italy. I assume that manufacturing dont shift locations overnight, so for now, i will be very happy to see informations from this thread about bdb and the end cup and what it can do and stuff.

And I think discussions on pulling a better espresso applies to any machine. Like most say.. its the Grinder and "hand" that make a big difference in the cup... How long have you had the machine for? Is espresso big in the Phillipines?
carz07
carz07

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 8:59pm

cuznvin Said:

And I think discussions on pulling a better espresso applies to any machine. Like most say.. its the Grinder and "hand" that make a big difference in the cup... How long have you had the machine for? Is espresso big in the Phillipines?

got the machine 3rd quarter last year. im using the vario. espresso i not a big thing here, i had the machine shipped here, breville here only has the barista model. lucky for you guys there, you can see how espresso here - what you see in the stores are american drip, or pressurized machine. highly dominated by blended drinks and starbucks, very very rare you see a local order espresso, espresso here is an ingridient for a blended drink.

i was thinking of opening the machine to show folks here since i am not covered with warranty, no international warranty hehehe. i dont know if im the only one here in the philippines that has the bdb hehehhe, so even breville philippines is not capable of maintaining my machine as of now since they only have the barista model, that is why this thread helps.

Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 8:59pm

I see the noobs point and if the shoe was on the other foot maybe others would to. I say just let the Breville bashing go. After all this site does say Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread
I mean it cant get a little old. I can see the initial posts after BD brought news of his machines demise but thats past.
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
cuznvin

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 9:06pm

carz07 Said:

got the machine 3rd quarter last year. im using the vario. espresso i not a big thing here, i had the machine shipped here, breville here only has the barista model. lucky for you guys there, you can see how espresso here - what you see in the stores are american drip, or pressurized machine. highly dominated by blended drinks and starbucks, very very rare you see a local order espresso, espresso here is an ingridient for a blended drink.

i was thinking of opening the machine to show folks here since i am not covered with warranty, no international warranty hehehe. i dont know if im the only one here in the philippines that has the bdb hehehhe, so even breville philippines is not capable of maintaining my machine as of now since they only have the barista model, that is why this thread helps.

I'm pretty sure I have seen others from the  Philippines with the BDB comment here. Hopefully you can find them. Did you have to have the Vario Shipped also? How do you know if the shot tastes the way it is supposed to? Are you comparing to Starbucks? I can see how hard it would be for you to learn the ins and outs of the machine...There are some very knowledgeable people here.
cuznvin

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 9:11pm

There are some guys here from Philippines. Maybe you can message them

Click Here (coffeegeek.com)

.. Also, maybe you should start a threat asking if there are any members from the Philippines here...
carz07
carz07

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 9:26pm

cuznvin Said:

I'm pretty sure I have seen others from the  Philippines with the BDB comment here. Hopefully you can find them. Did you have to have the Vario Shipped also? How do you know if the shot tastes the way it is supposed to? Are you comparing to Starbucks? I can see how hard it would be for you to learn the ins and outs of the machine...There are some very knowledgeable people here.

those filipinos are not active since i started here hoping they'll be back. yup i had it shipped also. I have to buy the biggest available transformer, we are at 220v here.

i tried starbucks, its was just flat, like just very very potent strong coffee. I was able to do bubbadude's 1:2 dry and wet, just to peg some variables, and its bdb's temp surf that was helping me. Im still in the process of hitting the right thing, i have already taken the bitter part out, now im into trying to know if its a hint of sour or the acidity reaction to my palate. my major problem here in the philippines is you cant readily find a good shot of espresso, i mean "baristas" here are doing it wrong since its ok for them because they just hide it with milk and then blend it hehehe.

so far its buddadude 1:2 and the BDB temp surf that got me to eliminate the bitter and now i will have to address the sour hint or acidity to the palate.

in addition, most of the folks here are using great espresso beans, well your guest is right, very very rate that you see a roaster here hehehe.
Im always using SO espresso roasted beans, perhaps that affects the taste. an espresso blend is recommended which i will try also

cuznvin

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 9:29pm

carz07 Said:

those filipinos are not active since i started here hoping they'll be back. yup i had it shipped also. I have to buy the biggest available transformer, we are at 220v here.

i tried starbucks, its was just flat, like just very very potent strong coffee. I was able to do bubbadude's 1:2 dry and wet, just to peg some variables, and its bdb's temp surf that was helping me. Im still in the process of hitting the right thing, i have already taken the bitter part out, now im into trying to know if its a hint of sour or the acidity reaction to my palate. my major problem here in the philippines is you cant readily find a good shot of espresso, i mean "baristas" here are doing it wrong since its ok for them because they just hide it with milk and then blend it hehehe.

so far its buddadude 1:2 and the BDB temp surf that got me to eliminate the bitter and now i will have to address the sour hint or acidity to the palate.

in addition, most of the folks here are using great espresso beans, well your guest is right, very very rate that you see a roaster here hehehe.
Im always using SO espresso roasted beans, perhaps that affects the taste. an espresso blend is recommended which i will try also

Maybe you can find a roaster in the Us that would be willing to ship to you. Then you could possibly freeze the beans..(another sore subject here)
Have you tried to find videos online that may help you with the BDB?
carz07
carz07

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 9:32pm

cuznvin Said:

There are some guys here from Philippines. Maybe you can message them

Click Here (coffeegeek.com)

.. Also, maybe you should start a threat asking if there are any members from the Philippines here...

thanks for this link mr. cuznvin, i know sly, all these 3 guys dont have bdb hehehehe havent seen a filipino posted in this thread yet

showing page 168 of 257 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.528034925461)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+