Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 4 of 130 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011, 2:49pm
Subject: Re: La Nuova Era Cuadra E61 HX - $995!

Congrats! I know you will be happy, that is a great deal! With it's boiler, I really doubt weak steam.

Nice Christmas present for yourse..... er the family!

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
1stline
1stline
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Undisclosed
Grinder: Indisclosed
Vac Pot: Bodum Electric
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011, 3:54pm

Hi All!

First, to those customers who ordered the Cuadra, we thank you for your business. We really feel that the machine you ordered provides exceptional value for your hard earned dollar.

Second, earlier this year, we were contacted by this manufacturer. We saw a great opportunity for this machine in the US market. Hence, we negotiated with the manufacturer on pricing and the features we wanted. We did not want to cut corners either. We also met with them in Italy this past October.

The result was a pretty nice HX machine at a very good price. The boiler metal is pretty solid.  I have used a sample test Cuadra machine in my house for the last 6 months. We usually do this when we bring in a new manufacturer to make sure we have the quality we desire. This is why you will not see some machines, including newer ones, on our web site.

Finally, this machine is not new to the US marketplace, and this special price is a limited offer.

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/1stline
Twitter: http://twitter.com/1stline
Blog: http://1st-line.blogspot.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/1stlineespresso
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Rob55
Rob55
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: Cuisinart
Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011, 4:58pm

I had hoped to get one or maybe even 2 replies to my post earlier in the thread... but I did sort of hijack it, so understandable. But there were only like 100 of these. The overall take seems to be positive so I ordered one through the website Sunday. I was looking for a tracking number today.. instead I got a document I am to print - sign - fax back to 1st line... or I can print sign scan and e-mail back to them. This made my day since I don't use my printer and haven't for ages and its out of ink... I don't have a fax, nor do I have a scanner. Probably be cheaper to drive over there with cash. I don't really understand. I have made purchases 3 times this much online without having to jump through hoops. Anyone know if they accept pay-pal? Sadly I seen the e-mail after business hours.... guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to come up with a solution, which delays things by at least 2 days. I sure hope this was a wise upgrade and that I can get it sorted out tomorrow. Meanwhile my Lelit will have to serve a bit longer. I also bought my Lelit through 1st line ... a phone order so I suppose I had to do this last time too, but I don't remember.
 View Profile Link to this post
EricBNC
EricBNC
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: QM Silvano, LP Stradivarius,...
Grinder: K30, Major, Preciso, Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C30, Bodum Santos...
Drip: Bonavita BV-1800,...
Roaster: Behmor, Melitta, Fresh...
Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011, 6:50pm

Maybe with only 100 units so he tracks the sales this way to make sure the machine is sold before deleting it from available inventory - I would hate to be 101 thru 110 who go to bed thinking they ordered a $995 E-61 HX - this system might be designed to prevent any misunderstandings.

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?
Rob55
Rob55

Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011, 7:40pm

well it is what it is .... must follow the rules. My neighbor printed it for me .. only cost me a Montecristo LOL and my wife says the library will fax it for a buck a page, 4 pages for me to say YES PLEASE and HURRY ..... lol

I told my wife its her Christmas present (she won't drink espresso or anything made on it) :-)
Epson

Posted Tue Dec 13, 2011, 12:30am

pretty sure the signature is to agree with the "terms" which in a round about way is basically agreeing to a no return policy.

Doesn't really bother me because shipping alone is enough of a reason not to return something like this.  Its got a decent warrenty so really the only reason would be remorse and well u just need to make sure you want to buy it.  Overall based on specs u have a fairly good idea what your getting.  I mean honestly i don't like this either, i too am used to orders just going through, but its a good deal and worth the trouble to me.

as for the person having trouble with this, your bank will fax things for you, usually free i think, library or local collage will work as well.  another option is and don't quote me on this but i think u can digitally sign it and email it back to them

Edit: whoops didn't realize the post above me was the same person read to fast lol guess my post can to be to the next person that has problems  :P
Rob55
Rob55

Posted Tue Dec 13, 2011, 12:26pm

I am curious how long all this is gonna take.... ordered Sunday, action needed e-mail Monday, faxed back to them Tuesday.....
scanfield

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: La Nuovo Era Cuadra
Posted Tue Dec 13, 2011, 2:35pm

How long did it take after placing an order for the paperwork to show up? I ordered the machine and a grinder earlier today and I still haven't received the email. I was told if I get it back to them today, the machine will ship tomorrow.
Rob55
Rob55

Posted Tue Dec 13, 2011, 2:48pm

e-mail paper work was a day after the order...but I ordered on a Sunday... it came about 1:30 EDT. My paper work went back earlier today........ hope that means mine ships tomorrow

Did you get the Vario too? Thats what I have for a grinder.
scanfield

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: La Nuovo Era Cuadra
Posted Tue Dec 13, 2011, 3:03pm

I ordered the Cuadra, Vario, and bottomless portafilter.
showing page 4 of 130 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.343734025955)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+