Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 116 of 129 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
pfn

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra II
Grinder: KA Proline w/ Mazzer Mini...
Posted Fri Aug 30, 2013, 1:15pm
Subject: Re: La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread

I guess it's been a while, it's still going strong and making beautiful shots :-)

Here's a video start-to-finish including a bottomless extraction. Yum.

http://youtu.be/p9X-TOT5IuU

Next steps: figuring out how to do some pressure-profiling.
 View Profile Link to this post
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Sun Sep 1, 2013, 5:04am

1stline has been excellent and I'm very satisfied with this machine.
It just keeps on doing its thing. I love the E61 group and its reliable
function in water temp stability. I also think the number
of posts on this thread are a good indication that people are having
great results with these machines . To me they seem to represent
a great bargain. I would recommend 1stLine myself and stress the importance
of getting connected to a company like Jim's or even Chris at Chris Coffee
because coffee is what they do . They have a vested interest
in this business because its their livelihood and passion.
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
Mr_Faineant

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra
Grinder: Vario
Posted Sat Sep 14, 2013, 6:34am

Hello everybody,

Quick question. My pressure stat (I think that's what it is) has been a bit gurgly the past few months, but this morning I woke up to it constantly hissing. Do you think this is just a loose nut somewhere, or does it sound like I need a new part?

Ay insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
marcustx

Expertise: Pro Barista

Espresso: La Cuadra Nuova Era
Grinder: Mazzer Mini E Type A
Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013, 3:07pm

Hi,

I had that issue after 1 year of use of my machine, I replaced the pressure stat and that fixed the problem of the hissing. 1st-line were very good at helping and supporting me and they replaced the part for free. THANK YOU.

I have been having another issue now (after 1.6 years of usage), the Pressure gauge goes up to 2 bar If I leave the machine ON and the pressure stat engage to release the internal pressure. Any idea what can be wrong? Did I get a lemon or what?

Please help!
SteelerfanDan
SteelerfanDan

Grinder: Super Jolly
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013, 8:33am

Hello all,

I'm somewhat of a noob to the forum. I've been reading for some time, but just signed up recently. I have done extensive research as most others have and have decided on the La Nuova Era Cuadra machine. I have a Super Jolly grinder that I picked up on the Bay a few weeks ago, but have been doing my homework as to what machine.

The La Cuadra machine seems nothing but a home run to me.  Although, as stated I'm still quite the noob/rookie. I love coffee and espresso. I have a few different set-ups for coffee and ways to enjoy.

As far as espresso, I've never made my own-NEVER.  So there's a but of apprehension in this process.

One of the things that drew me to this machine- aside from the great options is the fact that Jim from 1st Line has been so available on this forum to assist with any troubleshooting. He appears to be extremely accessible and easy to contact for questions, problems, troubleshooting for his customers.

I appreciate this type of high-end customer service and availability. Also being available to answer questions for noobs like myself is a great quality for a seller.

I also appreciate the members of this forum and their acceptance of newbies like myself and their availability for answering questions. Thanks to you all.  

I ordered my La Nuova Era machne today. I'll keep everyone in the loop with my purchase and learning curve for this great machine.

Thanks for everyone's great comments and expertise ahead of time, I know I'll have plenty of questions.

Cheers,

Dan
jtferraro

Espresso: Starbucks (Saeco) Barista,...
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Vac Pot: Aerobie Aero Press
Drip: Bonavita Thermal
Roaster: none
Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013, 4:39pm

SteelerfanDan Said:

I ordered my La Nuova Era machne today. I'll keep everyone in the loop with my purchase and learning curve for this great machine.

Thanks for everyone's great comments and expertise ahead of time, I know I'll have plenty of questions.

Cheers,

Dan

Posted September 19, 2013 link

Congrats, Dan!  I'm hoping to also pull the trigger on a new machine (next year...maybe this winter) and the La Nuova Era is one of my top picks.  I was also considering the Nuova Simonelli Oscar but don't like that it doesn't dispense hot water.  Can't wait to hear all about your experiences with it!  Jim, if you're reading this, have you ever considered offering this machine with the colored sides - maybe red?

Thanks,

-Jeff
SStones
SStones
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Giga 5, ECM Giotto, Rocket...
Grinder: Anfim Milano-Best
Vac Pot: No  :(
Drip: Some $30 thing from Walmart
Roaster: I buy pre-roasted.
Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013, 6:50pm

marcustx Said:

I have been having another issue now (after 1.6 years of usage), the Pressure gauge goes up to 2 bar If I leave the machine ON and the pressure stat engage to release the internal pressure. Any idea what can be wrong? Did I get a lemon or what?

Posted September 18, 2013 link

You probably just have a lot of calcium in your water.
The previous gurgling was probably the breather valve leaking slightly due to calcium building up on it. Now that the pressure is going too high, the other side, the dafety relief is relieving, the valves are working fine.  On your Cuadra the breather, the safety relief and the pressostat are all combined into one assembly atop the boiler (As well as a fitting for the capilary that goes to your gauge).  You can tell which side the steam is escaping through by squeezing the flexible hoses and listening.  Now I'm off track.
If it's not leaking or relieving when at 0.9 to 1.4 Bar, then it's working correctly, you just want to adjust your pressostat down (Turn the brassy flat-head-type screw in the missle of the circle counter-clockwise for lower).

And, for what its worth, if the breather valve has a slight but constand leak you can possibly fix it by just disassembling it, cleaning the teflon disk, and reassembling it.  It may be best to not disassemble or change the safety-valve side, unless you're sure there's a problem on that side.
1stline
1stline

Espresso: Undisclosed
Grinder: Indisclosed
Vac Pot: Bodum Electric
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013, 2:46pm

marcustx Said:

Hi,

I had that issue after 1 year of use of my machine, I replaced the pressure stat and that fixed the problem of the hissing. 1st-line were very good at helping and supporting me and they replaced the part for free. THANK YOU.

Please help!

Posted September 18, 2013 link

Actually, I suggest buying 50 lemons, squeezing them, and using the acid to clean the limescale in the machine (please laugh!)

Honestly,  the two problems you have experienced are from poor water quality or hard water. In the first case, the bleeder valve can stick open with limescale. We offered the benefit of the doubt as sometimes it could be some sediment from the manufacturing process OR from the water softener if not charged/rinsed thoroughly upon first use. After this, it turns toward limescale as the culprit.

The later issue is 'most likely' pointing to limescale. Limescale usually causes problems in the smaller pressurstats. And, this is for all espresso machines that use the smaller MATER, Jaeger, CEME, etc type of pressurstat. Machines with the larger pressurstat usually do not have this problem, and thus these machines are larger and cost mroe because of the larger rpessurstat.

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/1stline
Twitter: http://twitter.com/1stline
Blog: http://1st-line.blogspot.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/1stlineespresso
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
1stline
1stline

Espresso: Undisclosed
Grinder: Indisclosed
Vac Pot: Bodum Electric
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013, 3:06pm

jtferraro Said:

...Jim, if you're reading this, have you ever considered offering this machine with the colored sides - maybe red?

Thanks,

-Jeff

Posted September 19, 2013 link

We did have a few red, blue and white version 1's earlier this year with special pricing from La Nuova Era, and they took forever to sell!

Please understand from a business perspective, we need products that flow out the door. And, anything can be done, but there is always a pass-through cost that is associated with it. In other words, I can probably special order them as a separate line item.

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/1stline
Twitter: http://twitter.com/1stline
Blog: http://1st-line.blogspot.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/1stlineespresso
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
SteelerfanDan
SteelerfanDan

Grinder: Super Jolly
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Sun Sep 22, 2013, 9:38pm

To Jim @ 1st @ 1st Line. My La Nuova Era Cuadra is on the way and will be delivered on Tuesday. I'd like to contact your staff to discuss a few things about the machine and make sure. I have everything I need. (It win't be tough to sell me on some extra accessories). Who/when is a good opportunity to speak with someone.

Thus far I've been quite impressed with your operation. This speaks volumes to me as a customer service conscious consumer. I've already been burned by one of your competitors and won't try them any more.  I believe they are a vendor on this site, but I don't appreciate being burned on my 1st order. This = more orders/business for you guys.

Thanks for being an accessible resource for those on this site, Jim. I look forward  to a continued valued relationship with you and your crew.  

Can't wait to get the La Nuova.

Thanks!

Dan
showing page 116 of 129 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.48028588295)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+