Espresso: Espresso Machines
La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 114 of 130 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
Carlitovich

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra 006
Grinder: Rocky
Posted Tue Jul 9, 2013, 5:28am
Subject: Re: Hot water valve squeaky...

CoffeeRon Said:

I would STRONGLY recommend a food safe lubricant. Most all coffee/espresso machine suppliers (1st line being one of many) carry them.

Posted July 8, 2013 link

The label says NSF rated and H1.  Not sure why the description doesn't mention it...

But of course I agree it should be food safe.  Thanks!
 View Profile Link to this post
lilia
lilia

Espresso: Cuadra II
Grinder: Vario
Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013, 10:21am
Subject: Re: La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread

Iluvdabean Said:

Heres my machine deep in the bean mine.....laboring to extract the nectar of the Java.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ATxw7jrzk

Posted May 11, 2013 link

Steve,
How long is for your Cuadra in getting the 1st drop of coffee? 10 to 15 seconds?  
Thanks
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013, 4:05pm

lilia Said:

Steve,
How long is for your Cuadra in getting the 1st drop of coffee? 10 to 15 seconds?  
Thanks

Posted July 10, 2013 link

Im guessing around five seconds I've never timed it. I love this machine and more importantly I love the E-61.
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
lilia
lilia

Espresso: Cuadra II
Grinder: Vario
Posted Thu Jul 11, 2013, 12:45pm

I adjusted my grinder for 2 oz in app 28 sec & the 1st drop is in 10 sec= Great cofee!
After 30 second=too much water...
This is a great machine.
Thanks!
Rob55
Rob55

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: Cuisinart
Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013, 10:07am

JIM

I have found the leak. It's at the fitting or perhaps the plastic tubing or both. I cleaned some of the white off, but left some so you could see the leak point better

Rob55: small.jpg
(Click for larger image)
SStones
SStones
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Giga 5, ECM Giotto, Rocket...
Grinder: Anfim Milano-Best
Vac Pot: No  :(
Drip: Some $30 thing from Walmart
Roaster: I buy pre-roasted.
Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013, 6:18pm

That fitting is a "Self flaring" type.  The tube is spread to slightly wider than normal when forced over the fitting (The upper part). Then the nut (that lower part) holds it in place because it isn't wide enough for the flared out tube to fit through.

The tubing gets very hot there, at the Heat-Exchanger inlet, and will eventually harden, crack and leak.
If it is long enough, you can remove the nut, slide the nut away from the fitting, cut off the cracked end of the tubing, slide the still pliable section of the tubing up over the flare fitting and retighten the nut (JUST BARELY PAST FINGER-TIGHT IS ENOUGH, don't crush it or break the T fitting with the HE injector in it.
Order some replacement tubing.
I expect that that will be 6mm tubing. If your push-connect fittings down at the other end (Little F-Connector coming off the pump and primer valve) are readable, they ought to have a little 6 on the orange connector part. For the Outer diameter of the tubing they hold.

Buy a replacement when you get around to it, I'm sure espresso parts places sell it, or you can buy it by the meter at fluid-power suppliers. Get something that can withstand heat.
An Amazon Listing is way too expensive, and 25 feet is way too long, but a couple bucks for a meter will last you and your neighbors with Cuadras many years.
Carlitovich

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2013, 6:12pm

MDiddy Said:

You're correct in how to remove them.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to do it without hacking up the center caps a little.

Problem is, you need something very thin as there isn't much gap there and those suckers are in there tight.  I honestly don't think there's a way to avoid it.

Posted May 9, 2013 link

Just lubed the valve stem.  I got the black center disks out to access screw using razor blade and scuffed it up quite a bit.

Then I had a "doh!" moment when I realized there is no need to remove the cap/knob.  Just loosen the nut.  Once you slide it off you just unscrew the valve stem thingy by turning the knob.  No need to remove knob at all!

Again - "Doh!"

Then to top it all off the scratchy friction I feel at certain points when turning the hot water knob doesn't seem to be lube related since it still does it.  Its as if the threads are catching a bit on something...

We shall see.
slybarman
slybarman

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2013, 6:22pm

Carlitovich Said:

Just lubed the valve stem.  I got the black center disks out to access screw using razor blade and scuffed it up quite a bit.

Then I had a "doh!" moment when I realized there is no need to remove the cap/knob.  Just loosen the nut.  Once you slide it off you just unscrew the valve stem thingy by turning the knob.  No need to remove knob at all!

Again - "Doh!"

Then to top it all off the scratchy friction I feel at certain points when turning the hot water knob doesn't seem to be lube related since it still does it.  Its as if the threads are catching a bit on something...

We shall see.

Posted July 17, 2013 link

In the post directly under the one you quoted, I explained how to remove the valve stem.
Carlitovich

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2013, 7:57pm

slybarman Said:

In the post directly under the one you quoted, I explained how to remove the valve stem.

Posted July 17, 2013 link

Like I said:

"DOH!"

:)
Rob55
Rob55

Drip: Cuisinart
Posted Sat Jul 20, 2013, 6:47pm

Thanks Steve.. so far all your advice has been spot on. There is not enough slack to cut some off and use the same hose. I am not 100% sure of this.. but it looks to me like there is not enough. I can't read a size on that fitting without taking it apart. I was hoping Jim would see my post and maybe give me a size. Looks like they don't have any in stock. There is only me LOL .. I don't even know anyone else who has an Espresso machine... so no need for me to share.
showing page 114 of 130 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.469334125519)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+