Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)
Saeco Espresso Machines
Large selection in-stock, includes Free Gifts and Free Shipping!
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > The Crossland...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 14 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
JonR10
JonR10
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: E61 Legend, Livietta,...
Grinder: Robur, B-Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario Tabletop, Yama...
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: 1-lb US Roaster, Behmor 1600
Posted Sun Oct 23, 2011, 8:36am
Subject: Re: The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)

Thanks to all for your interest.  
We have some volunteers, and I will update this thread soon.

Juts to let everyone know - I may have made a rather large error regarding our road trip.
When I update the thread I will give details.  

Cheers,
Jon

Jon Rosenthal
Houston, TX
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Joel_B
Joel_B

Espresso: Astra Mega II
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, Virtuoso
Vac Pot: Yama 5 cup
Drip: nope, french press
Roaster: Behmor, WP, BBQ drum
Posted Sun Oct 23, 2011, 5:53pm
Subject: Re: The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)

JonR10 Said:

Thanks to all for your interest.  
We have some volunteers, and I will update this thread soon.

Posted October 23, 2011 link

Ugh!  Looks like I may have missed my golden opportunity :-/
 View Profile Link to this post
JonR10
JonR10

Espresso: E61 Legend, Livietta,...
Grinder: Robur, B-Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario Tabletop, Yama...
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: 1-lb US Roaster, Behmor 1600
Posted Tue Oct 25, 2011, 9:05am

JonR10 Said:

Juts to let everyone know - I may have made a rather large error regarding our road trip.
When I update the thread I will give details.  

Cheers,
Jon

Posted October 23, 2011 link

OK - we are proceeding!  

My error was that we are also planning a similar trip for the Breville Double Boiler and I was supposed to post that first.....
So stay tuned for that one, to be announced (formally) soon!  

In the meantime, we have our volunteers for the CC1 lined up and I will contact that group offline when we start this up.

Cheers,
Jon

Jon Rosenthal
Houston, TX
ampguy
ampguy
Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Tue Oct 25, 2011, 9:53am

Hi Jon,

Great to see it proceeding. I'd be up for the Breville DB or any DB / HX units coming on the road trip.

Thanks!

Ted
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Tue Oct 25, 2011, 3:11pm

I have been sick since thur and this is on my cell phone. I would like to help out with either or both machines. Oh, btw, I have a selection of grinders LOL!

Edit. I would be willing to donate an RR 45 to the effort if you want it.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
Woody
Woody

Espresso: La Spaziale Vivaldi I
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Vac Pot: Hoover
Drip: yuck
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Fri Oct 28, 2011, 9:28am

Hey Jon-

Any word yet on the GS/3 road trip?  And limits on how long before we send it to the next tester?

Jon  ; )
danetrainer

Espresso: GS3MP, CC1
Grinder: M7k, SJ, T80, KF804
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Clever
Roaster: Ambex YM2, Behmor
Posted Fri Oct 28, 2011, 9:38am

Great idea Jon, I would have joined in the Road Show, but, I brought one home last night from Clive Coffee and it is heating up next to the GS3 in the kitchen at the moment (I need a machine to use at work, so I thought I would try it). I ran through the parameters to see what the default settings were, and I came on here to see if anyone had a temp offset listed as mine is set at 0. If I don't find it I'm going to give Bill C. a call to check all the parameters before I pull some shots through it. I also need to get a bottomless for it, so I can use it with the scace, as the standard two lug PF's won't fit the group.
ampguy
ampguy
Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Fri Oct 28, 2011, 10:42am

Yes, Bill ships them with offset at 0, so you can see the boiler sensor temp. I use mine at about -8. The defaults should be:

P6=2, P7=2, P8=4, P9=0.

I generally set my P9 to -8 or so, and set my P6 to 3 or 4, which will shorten your brew recycle times, at the expense of a bit of overshoot.

While initially testing, you might want to keep the defaults, then tweak after you get main temp set, to display what your preferences, and react from the baseline settings.

I think you'll enjoy it!
roastbear
roastbear

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia V3 with...
Grinder: Macap M4 with doser
Drip: Chemex
Posted Fri Oct 28, 2011, 12:15pm

I'd be interested in partaking. I am a Rancilio Silvia owner, (with a P.I.D.) but not sure I am well enough versed in all the tech-speak.
I am fascinated by the idea of such a simple platform for espresso. What is the price point for this machine? Is it for sale anywhere?
Dying to read a review or comparison...

Just saw the CC1 for $699 at Seattle Coffee Gear. I wondered if this was being compared to a Sivia if it was in the same price range.
Sweet deal with a P.I.D.

Still looking forward to seeing a comparison.
danetrainer

Espresso: GS3MP, CC1
Grinder: M7k, SJ, T80, KF804
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Clever
Roaster: Ambex YM2, Behmor
Posted Fri Oct 28, 2011, 2:40pm

ampguy Said:

Yes, Bill ships them with offset at 0, so you can see the boiler sensor temp. I use mine at about -8. The defaults should be:

P6=2, P7=2, P8=4, P9=0.

Posted October 28, 2011 link

Holy cow, -8? I just ran a battery of tests...I do not have a bottomless PF for it yet, so I double checked the GS3 with the scace, then set up the styrofoam cup with a digital temp probe in it, I had a 10 degree difference with this method on the GS3, then tested back & forth to the CC1 letting both recover to their set point. When I spoke with Bill before my testing to confirm the correct offset, he stated the difference was built into the software, so the setting would reflect 0 in the set-up menu...so you are not seeing the boiler temp, but what is expected at the group, on the display.

My observation was the first two to three after a 15 minute idle was dropping about 2 degrees, climbing to the setpoint on the 3rd pull or so. Each time I just waited for the unit to "beep" then retest. I also have the delay after 1 second pre-infuse set to 6 sec, so I would start the procedure, dump the initial amount from the cup and get it back under the group @ the 6 second mark, then run for about 80ml of water (around the 15-16 sec mark). I did find a flash boil from the group on about the 6-7th (back to back) test on the machine. I think this must be pushing the limits of boiler recovery, causing some type of thermal overshoot, but, with actual usage times of more like 2 minutes, this didn't occur.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but thought the info on the settings would be useful as the machine gets sent around and played with.
showing page 3 of 14 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > The Crossland...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Italian Biscotti Cookies
Premium artisan quality Italian Biscotti cookies. Many flavors!
www.espressozone.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.375823020935)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+