Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > The Crossland...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 14 last page next page
Author Messages
JonR10
JonR10
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: E61 Legend, Livietta,...
Grinder: Robur, B-Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario Tabletop, Yama...
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: 1-lb US Roaster, Behmor 1600
Posted Fri Oct 21, 2011, 1:11pm
Subject: The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)

Hello all,
We are organizing a road trip for a test unit Crossland CC1 Espresso machine.  So I am looking for a few good geeks who would be willing to take the machine for a week or so and run it through the paces and then post some detailed results and impressions.  

Each participant must be willing to re-box and pay postage to the next participant.  

We are looking for just a few folks (maybe 5?).
All should be Senior Coffeegeek Forum members with active participation in the forums.  

You know who you are (LOL)

If you're seriously interested then please shoot me an email.  
If you're the type we are looking for then you probably already have my email address or know how to find it.  

This is gonna be fun!

Cheers,
Jon

JonR10: cc1_small.jpg
(Click for larger image)

Jon Rosenthal
Houston, TX
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
JonR10
JonR10

Espresso: E61 Legend, Livietta,...
Grinder: Robur, B-Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario Tabletop, Yama...
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: 1-lb US Roaster, Behmor 1600
Posted Fri Oct 21, 2011, 1:28pm
Subject: Re: The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)

Please note : if you are interested, I am going to need your CG name (those I don't know personally)
It may work out well to post a reply with your interest here.

Jon Rosenthal
Houston, TX
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
hotwasabipeas
hotwasabipeas
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1, NS Oscar,...
Grinder: Baratza Vario 886
Drip: Flavia SB100 (makes a hot...
Posted Fri Oct 21, 2011, 4:32pm
Subject: Re: The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)

That sounds like fabulous fun!  I am so jealous of all of you "Senior" members.
 View Profile Link to this post
samuellaw178
samuellaw178

Espresso: Arrarex Caravel
Grinder: Rosco Mini
Drip: French Press, Aeropress,...
Roaster: DIY Copper drum roaster
Posted Fri Oct 21, 2011, 5:40pm

Jon,

I am really interested in doing this but not sure if I am eligible for it.  I will shoot you an email.

Sam
chasemonster
chasemonster

Espresso: Rancilio Audrey
Grinder: Hario Mini Mill
Drip: V60
Posted Fri Oct 21, 2011, 7:01pm

I will be very interested in following this thread -as I'm sure many others will be- as long as the testers are completely unbiased and can give their honest opinions.
In fact, I nominate EricBNC to be one of the testers. I know we can trust him 100% to give an accurate impartial competent review.
Plus, he has the Quick Mill Silvano machine already, so we could get a first-hand report of how they match up to each other.  
I'd even paypal him the postage fees if he would volunteer!

Then, I would love to see someone competent and 100% trustworthy who owns a Rancilio Silvia to be one of the testers, for the same reasons to see how the shots match up and how the steam functions compare. -but I won't paypal that person the postage fee : )

Above all, though, I would love to see how it stands up against a $300.00 Gaggia Classic as an entry level espresso machine.
Is there anyone out there who has a Gaggia Classic as their main espresso machine right now, that would be willing to be a tester for comparison purposes? I guess time will tell!

Meanwhile, this will be my last post to this thread until all of the test results are in. Good luck! :>D
hotwasabipeas
hotwasabipeas

Espresso: Crossland CC1, NS Oscar,...
Grinder: Baratza Vario 886
Drip: Flavia SB100 (makes a hot...
Posted Fri Oct 21, 2011, 7:48pm

chasemonster Said:

I will be very interested in following this thread -as I'm sure many others will be- as long as the testers are completely unbiased and can give their honest opinions.
In fact, I nominate EricBNC to be one of the testers.

Posted October 21, 2011 link

I second that!  Eric is fabulous and he is so helpful and nice at singleservecoffee.com.  Love him!
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Espresso: Allex Duetto II
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011, 4:33am

I am very interested in participating in the test though but only if I can add value to the thread.  Email to follow

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
EricBNC
EricBNC
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: QM Silvano, LP Stradivarius,...
Grinder: K30, Major, Preciso, Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C30, Bodum Santos...
Drip: Bonavita BV-1800,...
Roaster: Behmor, Melitta, Fresh...
Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011, 6:28am

I would be interested in participating too.

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?
bure82

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011, 6:44am

i have this machine and would love to hear what other ppl think of it....no too many review out there on this machine still....been out for a while now....
TheMadTamper

Espresso: Salvatore SES; Izzo Duetto...
Grinder: Compak K10 WBC, K8 Fresh,...
Drip: /Pod: Bunn MCP
Roaster: /Other: Blender - BlendTec...
Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011, 9:03am

I'd be interested in contributing to the test, I'll email soon.

I of course have lots of gear to make comparisons with, so I think I'd probably be a useful contributor. And we all kmow of my wordy and detailed reviews ;)

Though I'd defer to those of the level of expertise that participated in the TGP of course!
showing page 1 of 14 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > The Crossland...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.371883869171)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+