Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > The Crossland...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 14 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
ampguy
ampguy
Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011, 10:16am
Subject: Re: The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)

Jon, this is a great idea! I already have and love my CC1, but I think there are going to be a lot of new converts with this program!
 View Profile Link to this post
EricBNC
EricBNC
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: QM Silvano, LP Stradivarius,...
Grinder: K30, Major, Preciso, Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C30, Bodum Santos...
Drip: Bonavita BV-1800,...
Roaster: Behmor, Melitta, Fresh...
Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011, 10:52am
Subject: Re: The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)

I hope this works out well - if so this might be the first of many review chains. : )

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?
hotwasabipeas
hotwasabipeas
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: NS Oscar
Grinder: KitchenAid ProLine
Drip: Keurig Vue, B70,Tassimo T65,...
Roaster: Wear Ever Popcorn Pumper...
Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011, 12:24pm

If you have a desire to see how easy (or difficult for that matter) the CC1 is to operate for a relatively new convert to espresso making, I would gladly volunteer! :)

Please visit my website!

www.planetwasabi.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
latte_da
latte_da

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011, 12:57pm

Hello,
My Delonghi 15bar pump machine burned out it steam wand and I could be interested in a CCI as a replacement. Except I cannot afford thousands of dollars to spend on it and a grinder too. What grinder do you use when you test this machine on your road trip? If the machine tests out to be good I want to be able to reproduce those same result at home that your testers produce. Except one tester says he has a Mahlkönig K30 grinder which costs 2000 dollars. One tester says he has a Compak K10 grinder which costs 1300 dollars. Some one else has a Mazzer Major grinder which costs $1000.00 and so on.
Are these grinders a requirement for getting good results from a CCI machine? I cannot afford them grinders. If you are trying to sell coffeegeek members a CCI espresso machines why are you using people with thousands dollars grinders to show how the machine works? If I have a 2000 dollar grinder then I will not own a CCI.

Leroy
EricBNC
EricBNC

Espresso: QM Silvano, LP Stradivarius,...
Grinder: K30, Major, Preciso, Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C30, Bodum Santos...
Drip: Bonavita BV-1800,...
Roaster: Behmor, Melitta, Fresh...
Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011, 1:16pm

latte_da Said:

Are these grinders a requirement for getting good results from a CCI machine? I cannot afford them grinders. If you are trying to sell coffeegeek members a CCI espresso machines why are you using people with thousands dollars grinders to show how the machine works? If I have a 2000 dollar grinder then I will not own a CCI.

Posted October 22, 2011 link

This is a valid concern, but having a capable espresso grinder is necessary to evaluate the machine properly.  Any boiler/pump espresso machine not using a pressurized portafilter will require an espresso capable grinder.  The grinder might be a Hario Mini, or it might be a Mazzer Robur, but it will need to be capable of grinding for espresso.  I suspect some members here have access to a diverse selection of capable electric grinders too so even if you are not in the market for an expensive grinder to go along with  a new CC1, you should find helpful information from who ever participates in the evaluation.

What grinder are you using now Leroy? Maybe someone has it or something close to it available.

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?
gime2much

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Pavoni, Astoria comm, 2...
Grinder: La Pavoni Zip, Bunn...
Drip: Bunn comm
Roaster: Popcorn popper (air),co/ufo
Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011, 1:18pm

EricBNC Said:

Tommy is back...

AKA Shadowfax745

I thought you got banned here too a while ago...

Along with most of the other serious forums.

Dan Brewer
TonyVan

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: GS/3, La Pavoni
Grinder: Macap M7K, Rocky
Drip: Kone
Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011, 3:14pm

latte_da Said:

Are these grinders a requirement for getting good results from a CCI machine?

Leroy makes a fair point. While it's probably not a good idea to designate one specific grinder as the standard for all the participants to universally employ in their CC1 evaluations, it would be nice if they could dust off their backup grinders that might be more suitable matches given the CC1's target price range.  

Such a non-Titan grinder would be used for any A-B comparisons by that particular tester, thereby eliminating the grinder as a variable. This also enables a "paired samples" analysis schema (if it comes to that) regardless of the variety in the grinder population across different testers.

It's great to see this project will come to pass given the enthusiasm already exhibited here. Odds are that the CC1 is, or will lead directly to, an important machine and the impressions and experiences will make interesting (and entertaining) reading.
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Espresso: Allex Duetto II
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011, 3:28pm

It might be fun or interesting if each person shipped 1/3 of pound or so of the beans they tested with along with the machine to the next person. They would need to be fresh out of the freezer and it would strictly in addition to the testers own normal blend etc. The blend would change with every hop but it might still be interesting.

Actually there should be some type of standardized criteria and reporting system that all the tester use in addition to their own essay or tome in the case of the Mad Tamper :)

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
ampguy
ampguy
Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011, 3:49pm

The Preciso is a great grinder with the CC1. Costs a fraction of those that you mentioned.
andys
andys

Espresso: Speedster, Londinium 1
Grinder: EK-43,Robur, HG One, M3
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: various
Roaster: PIDed Popper
Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011, 4:53pm

JonR10 Said:

Hello all,
We are organizing a road trip for a test unit Crossland CC1 Espresso machine.  So I am looking for a few good geeks who would be willing to take the machine for a week or so and run it through the paces and then post some detailed results and impressions.  

Posted October 21, 2011 link

I would be up for that.

-AndyS
picture page:  http://flickr.com/photos/andy_s/sets/
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
showing page 2 of 14 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > The Crossland...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.615339994431)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+