Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > The Crossland...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 10 of 14 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
MisterJohnnyT

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch
Posted Mon Jun 11, 2012, 7:34am
Subject: Re: The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)

I'm starting to think the promise of road trip reviews has just been a really long drawn out TROLL.  How many of us fell for it?
 View Profile Link to this post
wsikes
wsikes
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Promac MD-64 AT
Drip: Bunn
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Mon Jun 11, 2012, 7:54am
Subject: Re: The Crossland CC1 Machine - CG Road Trip!! (Looking for a few good geeks)

Maybe it is because only one machine is used on the road trips, but it sure does take a long time to get feedback from these road trips.  That is about as diplomatic a response as I can give.

Bill
scanfield

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: La Nuovo Era Cuadra
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Mon Jun 11, 2012, 12:51pm

The CC1 was my first choice when I was looking to buy a machine. I finally got tired of waiting for the reviews and picked something else.

I think the publish-all-at-once model is good if you want to control the message, but otherwise is bad. I can understand not wanting reviewers to influence each other, but that shouldn't be a problem. Presumably, reviewers are to be trusted and I think just asking them to not look at the review thread until after they post their review should be good enough to keep everybody honest.
JonR10
JonR10

Espresso: E61 Legend, Livietta,...
Grinder: Robur, B-Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario Tabletop, Yama...
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: 1-lb US Roaster, Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Jun 11, 2012, 12:55pm

All of the reviews are done already, and the machine was returned to Bill C.  Now we are just waiting for it to be published.

Jon Rosenthal
Houston, TX
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
EricBNC
EricBNC

Espresso: QM Silvano, LP Stradivarius,...
Grinder: K30, Major, Preciso, Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C30, Bodum Santos...
Drip: Bonavita BV-1800,...
Roaster: Behmor, Melitta, Fresh...
Posted Mon Jun 11, 2012, 1:45pm

MisterJohnnyT Said:

I'm starting to think the promise of road trip reviews has just been a really long drawn out TROLL.  How many of us fell for it?

Posted June 11, 2012 link

Sorry you feel that way. If you are an active member here and on other coffee related forums then coffee is as much a hobby as a beverage. Those of us who used it agreed going in to the format - in exchange for our opinions we were offered the chance to play with a new $700 espresso machine equipped with a unique feature set. What coffee/espresso enthusiast wouldn't appreciate that offer?

On another note - you own a Crossland CC1 - why not post a thread with your opinions?

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Mon Jun 11, 2012, 5:02pm

MisterJohnnyT Said:

At least one...

Espresso: Crossland CC1  <----------------
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch

;-)

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
BarryR

Espresso: CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Clever...
Roaster: Hottop KN-8828B2-K
Posted Mon Jun 11, 2012, 7:01pm

EricBNC Said:

Sorry you feel that way. If you are an active member here and on other coffee related forums then coffee is as much a hobby as a beverage. Those of us who used it agreed going in to the format - in exchange for our opinions we were offered the chance to play with a new $700 espresso machine equipped with a unique feature set. What coffee/espresso enthusiast wouldn't appreciate that offer?

On another note - you own a Crossland CC1 - why not post a thread with your opinions?

I'll chime in:
I've had my CC1 for about six weeks.
It's my first espresso machine and I considered both cheaper and more pricey options before deciding on it.
I thought I'd do very little milk frothing (I drink mostly espresso, some Americanos, and in summer some iced mochacino's) and that turned out to be correct, when I do make a capuccino though, I find it works quite well. So, I didn't need a machine that would steam multiple cups rapidly.

Thus far, I've had essentially no issues with the machine and have been making very good espresso. I'm new to this and have nothing to compare it to, but, for my purposes, I don't think it would have been worth it to get a more expensive machine. The built in PID and pre-infusion are nice features.
I've found the machine to be easy to use as well.

The esthetics are OK. I think the all stainless machines can look way slicker, but this blends into the background.
In short, at it's price point, I think it's a great machine and fairly unique.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the road trip reviews say.
joatmon

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012, 5:32am

Removed
EricBNC
EricBNC

Espresso: QM Silvano, LP Stradivarius,...
Grinder: K30, Major, Preciso, Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C30, Bodum Santos...
Drip: Bonavita BV-1800,...
Roaster: Behmor, Melitta, Fresh...
Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012, 2:00pm

joatmon Said:

Eric,

I believe the underlying reason the road trip for this machine was so anticipated is the simple fact that it was going to be reviewed by a group of seasoned espresso "experts" whose opinion could be taken as gospel.

joat

Posted June 12, 2012 link

Nothing about being enthusiastic precludes being honest too.  Our agreement was only to hold off from posting our impressions early. That said, I also hope the final version shows up soon.

I am not sure about the seasoned espresso experts part either. Some certainly were, but I am not. I am closer to the guy using a very entry level machine that wants something better - about a year ago I was that guy exactly.

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?
scanfield

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: La Nuovo Era Cuadra
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012, 7:22pm

EricBNC Said:

Our agreement was only to hold off from posting our impressions early. That said, I also hope the final version shows up soon.

Posted June 12, 2012 link

Any idea what the delay is? If the last person has shipped the machine back, what's stopping you from posting your review?
showing page 10 of 14 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > The Crossland...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.406811952591)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+