Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Jura Imressa F8 needs repair after 4 years of use?
Italian Coffee
Italian coffee beans, grinds and pods from Kimbo, LavAzza, Miscela d'Oro & Bristot. Qty. discounts!
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Jura Imressa F8...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
Author Messages
kofechai

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Delonghi
Grinder: Breville
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Sun Oct 16, 2011, 7:25pm
Subject: Jura Imressa F8 needs repair after 4 years of use?

I own Jura Imressa F8 for 4 years.Worked beautifully until now.
Previously I have decalsified and cleaned on regular bases using Jura own products.
Currently coffee would not come trough the nozzles and water getting underneath of removable drawer.
I have called customer service and got the only solution: send whole unit for repair to their one and only authorized repair facility located in NJ.But I have to pay 250 first.
? Now question to the Jura owners:Is that the only way to deal with the problem or other options are available.
Please share your own experiences.
I think that machine kind of pricey to buy in first and I believe that should be a range of repair solutions that could be offered more conveniently for Jura owners.
Thank you in advance
 View Profile Link to this post
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Sun Oct 16, 2011, 9:40pm
Subject: Re: Jura Imressa F8 needs repair after 4 years of use?

Since it is out of warranty by a long shot, call around to see if there are any local appliance service centers that can deal with it.
They sell for $750 refurbished, so depending on what they will do for you in way of service, and what warranty accompanies the servicing, you have to decide whether it is worth it. But even if you find somewhere to work on it, parts might be difficult for them to get.

But this is one of the two drawbacks of super-auto espresso machines. They are highly complicated and when something happens it is almost always a big expense and decision as to what to do... (The other being mediocre espresso). Check Seattle Coffee Gear as they have a number of videos on You Tube and you might find one showing how to open the case and see inside. It might be a hose popped off or is split which would explain the water puddle underneath and the lack of brew water.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
NobbyR
NobbyR

Espresso: Poccino Opus One, Ariete
Grinder: Eureka Mignon Istantaneo
Vac Pot: N/A
Drip: Melitta Linea Unica de Luxe
Roaster: N/A
Posted Sun Oct 16, 2011, 11:48pm

Try to find a local repair shop.

However, cost of repairs can be pretty high for any superautomatic, and four years is practically a normal life span for such a machine. It might be questionable if it's worth repairing. Maybe getting a new machine is more cost-effective. That's one of the downsides of these coffee makers.

"This drink of the Satan is so delicious that it would be a shame to leave it to the infidels." (Pope Clement VIII on coffee, when he was urged to ban the beverage)
skookumjo
skookumjo

Espresso: Baristar HX-E61 rotory pump
Grinder: Mazzer Mini E-B,Baratza...
Posted Mon Oct 17, 2011, 4:41am

Hello
I reside in Switzerland, not far from the Jura factory, have owned one, it lasted 4 years, and would have required a major service and we decided against it.
fullauto machines are very common here, most brands can be serviced by Jo-independent at most village repair shops. With many of the alternative brands the home user can easily remove the entire brew assembly allowing for much better user maintenance.
However the jura  company has another philosophy, it seems that there construction discourages third party repair, and they expect the machines to be shipped every two years or so cleaning.
Despite this hassle, the machines enjoy a good reputation, with good beans the coffee experience is quite exceptable.
This all said it sounds like your problem could be a simple obstruction, i would start by poking around with a paper clip type thing up into the output nozzles, and or remove the side panels and try to see whats happening, perhaps theres a break in a plastic line or such.
good luck in getting back up and brewing.
cheers
dan strachan
kofechai

Posted Mon Oct 17, 2011, 8:57pm

Thank you for all who replied.
Now it becomes more clear to me why coffee shops using semi automatic machines.
Most likely they are more reliable and less expensive in repairs.
I think when I resolve my issue will buy semi automatic one.
I had Delonghi semi automatic machine in the past.
It lasted for quite period of time.
Any suggestions on semi automatic regarding reputability and espresso quality?
Thank you in advance
NobbyR
NobbyR

Posted Mon Oct 17, 2011, 10:47pm

You'll need a machine and a grinder then.

How many cups per day do you usually brew?
What kind of coffee drinks do you prefer?
How much convenience are you looking for?
What's your maximum budget?

"This drink of the Satan is so delicious that it would be a shame to leave it to the infidels." (Pope Clement VIII on coffee, when he was urged to ban the beverage)
kofechai

Posted Tue Oct 18, 2011, 2:52pm

My family usually drinks between 6-8 cups a day.
Each cup vary from 2-4,5 ounces of espresso.
I donít like instant coffee or coffee that brewed and burned by filtered coffee machine.
Donít like coffee that coming out from capsules like Kerug machines either.
I like automatic machine from the convenience stand point, but based on my current experience itís not going to work well.
My Jura started having problems after 4 years of use, was very pricy to buy, expencive to fix and there is no guaranties that will work well for another 3 or so years after the repair.
The budget: I could spend few hundred bucks or more for a decent unit cause love espresso a lot :)
Thank you
NobbyR
NobbyR

Posted Tue Oct 18, 2011, 11:47pm

To get into the mood you should read this guide on How to Buy an Espresso Machine. It'll give you a general idea on what's important.

kofechai Said:

My family usually drinks between 6-8 cups a day. Each cup vary from 2-4,5 ounces of espresso...

Posted October 18, 2011 link

Do you and your family drink straight espresso or americanos or milk based espresso drinks like cappuccino, caffŤ latte or latte macchiato?

kofechai Said:

...The budget: I could spend few hundred bucks or more for a decent unit cause love espresso a lot :)...

Posted October 18, 2011 link

200, 300,...,900 bucks?

kofechai

Posted Thu Nov 24, 2011, 9:01am

I just wonder if anyone could share any experiences with Saeco Incanto Deluxe or Gaggia Syncrony 9004.
It looks like these machines would satisfy my needs and prices are acceptable during this holiday season.
kofechai

Posted Mon Nov 28, 2011, 10:40am

I have ended to be buying DeLonghi Magnifica S ECAM22110SB.
Im pleased so far.
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Jura Imressa F8...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Quick Mill Andreja
Best bang for the buck in E-61 Espresso Machines.  In stock, free shipping, 2 yr warranty!
cupandbrew.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.4509370327)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+