Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
DeLonghi EC155 (and EC152CD, EC310, etc.) Modification Guide & Ideas
Quality Espresso Machines
Imported Italian Espresso Machines, Coffee Machines & accessories for all your coffee needs!
www.thecoffeebrewers.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > DeLonghi EC155...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 14 of 17 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
D4F

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Preciso
Posted Sat Mar 9, 2013, 10:41am
Subject: Re: DeLonghi EC155 (and EC152CD, EC310, etc.) Modification Guide & Ideas

How is flow with no PF or through the steam wand.  If you mean flow through a coffee puck...  What about cleaning and descale?

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
 View Profile Link to this post
PeanutButterBoy
PeanutButterBoy
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Delonghi EC155
Posted Mon Mar 11, 2013, 6:00am
Subject: Re: DeLonghi EC155 (and EC152CD, EC310, etc.) Modification Guide & Ideas

Flow through the steam wand is fine. Just as normal. As for the other flows:

Here's a video of the water flow with no PF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk5w8aIJiRA

Here's a video of the espresso flow through the coffee puck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsrdfPSlB2Q

How does the water flow look? It seems fairly normal to me, but the flow of espresso is terribly weak. It can't be the filters/PF because I used them on the E155 machine at work and they operate fine!!

The Peanut Butter Boy
http://peanutbutterboy.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
D4F

Posted Mon Mar 11, 2013, 9:25am

Measured outflow without PF should be about 600 ml in 60 seconds, the flow rate for the pump.  Measure the output for 30 seconds in a measuring cup of weigh.  You should get about 300 ml in 30 seconds if the machine is flowing well.  That would need a good pump and clean outflow tract, descaled and cleaned screen and valve above it.  A sick pump can possible flow fairly well with no resistance and fail with pressure, but first establish that it flows normally.  Also do the test with the steam wand open and catch outflow out the group and steam wand.

Make a couple of pucks side by side same technique and then do one home and one at work and measure flow in 25 or 30 seconds and compare.  Let the crema disperse and check fluid volume, or again weigh.  Are the machines similar with similar pucks.  Repeat a time couple times just to be sure that there is not grind or puck variability making the difference.  

If grossly different, then you may have a bad pump, or outflow problem.  Parts 14 and 15 can be trouplesome with scale.

Click Here (www.ereplacementparts.com)

If trouble with outflow, I hope that venting through the steam wand will up the flow.  Perhaps the pump???

D4F also at
tdhuntington

Posted Thu Mar 14, 2013, 7:21pm

Hi, I recently got an EC 155 and I'm still in learn mode. I ordered the spare PF and the 607706 basket to go bottomless. Unfortunately everyone except a few eBay scalpers have the Silvia V1/V2 on back order. Any other alternatives (besides the acorn-nut option) that could be swapped? My soap-water practice seems to be helping thanks to Scot Raos' video click here .
joe_puller

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: delonghi ec155
Grinder: la cimbali max junior hybrid
Posted Mon Mar 18, 2013, 6:23pm

As promised, I posted my routine to my youtube account.

I have four short vids.

The full playlist link is here:

Click Here (www.youtube.com)

Thanks for all this info on this thread awesome and saved me a lot of money
PeanutButterBoy
PeanutButterBoy

Espresso: Delonghi EC155
Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013, 7:36am

I measured the outflow without the PF. I only get about 80 ml in 30 seconds.

I measured the steam wand for hot water, it comes out MUCH faster - about 260 ml in 30 seconds. I probably spilled a few drops here and there too. So that part seems ok?

However, when I left the knob on "warm" and turned the steam knob open, about 30ml of water came out before it went back to just steam - is this normal?

What does this all mean?

The Peanut Butter Boy
http://peanutbutterboy.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
D4F

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013, 1:52pm

Seems like the outflow through the group is partially, mostly, obstructed.  I thought that we went through this before, perhaps never resolved.  I am guessing that parts 14 and 15 are the problem, the outflow track.

Click Here (www.ereplacementparts.com)

Probably scale and will need another descale, or breakdown and clean.  I read somewhere where using a blunted toothpick up the tract has freed the valve.

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/valve-p-695441.html

I am not sure about "warm."  there are 2 stats listed, brew at 105C and steam at 125C.  It seems that you would be "warm" on the 105C stat.  That could flash to steam since over 100C once pressure is removed by opening.  The vavle previously noted will supply enough pressure to keep water from escaping and allow a bit of back pressure so that you do not steam on the brew stat, unless you relieve the pressure with the wand.

I have not used this machine and am going from memory on a Delonghi 701 and the parts diagram.

D4F also at
Dustiang

Espresso: Delonghi Bar 14F
Grinder: hand mill
Posted Sun May 19, 2013, 12:20am

This is my Bar 14 with La Cimbali shower sreen and commercial brass La Spaziale portafilter with San Marco single basket.Has inside adjusted OPV and now is another machine from the original.

Dustiang: 2013-05-13 21.09.33.jpg
(Click for larger image)
Gallansio

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013, 7:59pm

tdhuntington Said:

Hi, I recently got an EC 155 and I'm still in learn mode. I ordered the spare PF and the 607706 basket to go bottomless. Unfortunately everyone except a few eBay scalpers have the Silvia V1/V2 on back order. Any other alternatives (besides the acorn-nut option) that could be swapped? My soap-water practice seems to be helping thanks to Scot Raos' video click here .

Posted March 14, 2013 link

I got mine from espresso parts: http://www.espressoparts.com/R_1054
hjkelly

Espresso: Nuova Simonelli Oscar
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: Aeropress
Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013, 7:59am

D4F Said:

Seems like the outflow through the group is partially, mostly, obstructed.  I thought that we went through this before, perhaps never resolved.  I am guessing that parts 14 and 15 are the problem, the outflow track.
Probably scale and will need another descale, or breakdown and clean.  I read somewhere where using a blunted toothpick up the tract has freed the valve.

Posted March 23, 2013 link

I totally disassembled mine and couldn't find anything wrong with those parts, but I also couldn't see how it was supposed to work. What causes that valve to open to the brewhead? Could it be that my pump isn't pushing hard enough, and that steam works fine because it works off its own pressure?

-Harrison
showing page 14 of 17 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > DeLonghi EC155...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Italian Biscotti Cookies
Premium artisan quality Italian Biscotti cookies. Many flavors!
www.espressozone.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.416069984436)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+