Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Any one here have a Crossland CC1 yet?
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Any one here...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 17 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
Spamzm
Spamzm
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Silvano
Grinder: Vario
Drip: V60, Aeropress
Roaster: Behmor, heatgun +...
Posted Fri Jul 22, 2011, 4:13pm
Subject: Re: Any one here have a Crossland CC1 yet?

My first shot.

Spamzm: silvano shot 2.jpg
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Link to this post
DigiManTX

Espresso: Quick Mill Anita
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso Preciso
Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011, 4:20am

Spamzm Said:

I hope it works out and you can buy your new toy. UPS delivered mine today.
Overtime was offered again. I ordered mine the night I set my OT hours for this month.

Posted July 22, 2011 link

How much and where?
chasemonster
chasemonster

Espresso: Rancilio Audrey
Grinder: Hario Mini Mill
Drip: V60
Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011, 6:07am

Spamzm Said:

UPS delivered mine today.

Posted July 22, 2011 link

Delivered your what?
This is a thread that you started about the Crossland, and you are saying that UPS delivered yours today,
but you show a picture of a different machine that is not a Crossland, and a picture of a shot pulled I guess from a different machine than the Crossland.
DigiManTX

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011, 6:27am

chasemonster Said:

Delivered your what?
This is a thread that you started about the Crossland, and you are saying that UPS delivered yours today,
but you show a picture of a different machine that is not a Crossland, and a picture of a shot pulled I guess from a different machine than the Crossland.

Posted July 23, 2011 link

LOL... his new "toy", was what I got... Looks like he went with the Silvano instead... :D
Spamzm
Spamzm

Espresso: Silvano
Grinder: Vario
Drip: V60, Aeropress
Roaster: Behmor, heatgun +...
Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011, 3:33pm

chasemonster Said:

Delivered your what?

Posted July 23, 2011 link

Uhm sorry for not saying I bought my second choice and that was what UPS dropped off. I'll be sure to clarify it better next time and start a new post....

Digi I'm still curious so please post when you get your CC1
DigiManTX

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011, 6:29am

Will do... COME ON FRIDAY!!! LOL!
cappuccinoboy

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Milano pod, Milano fully...
Grinder: grind on demand
Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011, 7:27am

Intrepid510 Said:

The boiler in the Crossland is insulated so it should make the difference less of a issue.

Posted July 11, 2011 link

Nick, it works just the opposite : it is brass (or copper) boilers that need insulation, steel beeing a bad conductor is kind of self insulating, but if heating element is inside the boiler with a steel boiler you just loose advantage of boiler mass thermal reserve: Besides if brass boiler is not treated you may have problem of lead transfer to water, this problem you do not have with steel:
Of course a stainless steel boiler will be less expensive, but that is not that much more, and there are various matters to consider when choosing brass or SS
Ciao, Pietro
ampguy
ampguy
Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Tue Sep 13, 2011, 4:32pm

My CC1 arrived today. Great packaging, manual was straight forward, and I've brewed a half dozen shots testing different temperatures, and a couple with the pre-infusion set.

I've still got a long ways to go with testing on this machine, and will probably post a review at my site after I've used different blends and more of the features on it.

Quick summary, the temp stability and pid functionality is just perfect. Also, it's much easier to program than some of the first videos indicate. For example, if you're not going to use pre-infusion, just set those to zero, and if you are used to stopping the pull by sight, just press the button if it's before the programmed time and it will stop.

The build quality is much better than I expected. The portafilter is a commercial 58mm one with great basket. The water tray is visible from the front (you do need to remove the PF to pull it out). The drip tray is massive, and slides out from the front, so you don't have to lift it, risking spilling it, if you should ever fill it.

Incredible blend of tech and build quality. Much faster start up time than the Silvia, at least for brewing, and with the integrated pid, there's no sidecar LCD mod, like a teen ager's Honda Civic. It's a very clean interface. Even though there are 3 user settings, I am only focusing on one, since I'm only working with one blend (at the time).

I can't imagine a better home unit, unless one entertains a lot, and needs to crank out a handful of milk drinks for a large group, but then even to do that quickly, you're looking at many multiples of price and a different class of machine.

Ted

www.hcespresso.com
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Tue Sep 13, 2011, 5:09pm

Ted,

How about a comment on the steaming in terms of time to "transition" (which it really doesn't have to) and power? These seem to be the other points of discussion which you have not touched on...

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
ampguy
ampguy
Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Tue Sep 13, 2011, 6:43pm

OK, I'll try to get to that, but need more info. from you. The CC1 has incredible steam power, and depending on your preferences, you don't need to move to steam mode like the videos, unless you want to use the programmed steam pid parameters. You can open the steam valve and get powerful steam for days.

If you do want to use the steam pid parameters, then yes, you must finish your pull, then rotate the dial from your brew mode to steam, and wait until it has reached it's programmed steam temp, then you go with the button. This is shown in some of the youtube videos.

But, if you're old school like me, you just put the wand in your steaming cup and open the mechanical valve and steam like there's no tomorrow. Stop by look, feel or by analog dial thermometer. [ optional - do some hipster art ;) ]

The time to steam x volume to x degrees may depend on the volume and temp drop of your last shot pulled and vice versa. So on "transition" time, please describe the scenario.

I doubt I'm going to be making the kids 16 oz hot cocoa's before the weekend, but if I do, let me know what you want me to do before the steam process, and what you want me to measure.
showing page 3 of 17 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Any one here...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.468621015549)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+