Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
VFA Expres review
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > VFA Expres...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
pomo

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Aug 12, 2011, 1:52pm
Subject: VFA Expres review

Does anyone have any experience with VFA Expres commercial espresso machines.  I am looking at purchasing one but am concerned as to availability of any "proprietary" parts for future repairs.  Any comment on this company's equipment would be appreciated.  BTW I am looking at the Gold Dome 1930 model... LOTS of "Bling" for my bar ...  know of any others that are flashy AND under $10k??

Thanks for any help,
Ciao!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Fri Aug 12, 2011, 5:19pm
Subject: Re: VFA Expres review

Blake, welcome to CG.  Are you really spending $10K on an espresso machine for your home bar, or is this for your restaurant?  If it's for your home, I have a La Valentina, made by VFA, but the vendor has stopped carrying it.  Parts may indeed be a concern.

If it's for your restaurant, first and foremost, you need to find out WHO, WHAT and WHERE . . .  who services espresso machines in whatever part of North Carolina you are in; what types of machine(s) they service; and where you have to take the machine (or if they will come to you, and provide a "loaner" machine while yours is in the shop).

Again, if it's for your restaurant, I would respectfully suggest that you figure out how many drinks per day you'll be making, and select a machine based upon your needs, rather than upon the "bling."  OTOH, if it's for your home (and thus the workload is considerably lighter), why not take a look at the following machines*

HX machines:
-- Faema e61 Legend (one of the most famous espresso machines in history)
-- Elektra Belle Eqoque (scroll down to see them all)
-- Elektra Sixties T3 or D3 (I have the one-group version
-- Elektra Barlume Classic series (OK, I love these machines; what can I say?)

DB machines:
-- La Marzocco GB5 (outstanding)
-- La Marzocco FB80 (very stylish -- just as outstanding)
-- La Marzocco Linea (a workhorse!)

Cheers,
Jason

* NOTE:  These will also be great in a commercial environment, but I'd make sure first you can get them serviced!

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
 View Profile Link to this post
Burner0000

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia, VFA Expres...
Grinder: Macap MX/VFA N1464/Kyocera...
Drip: Manual Drip, French Press
Roaster: Behmor 1600 / Sonofresco
Posted Thu Aug 30, 2012, 8:50am

I have some experience with VFA machines. I know of 2 VFA machines for sale in Toronto in good order both going for $500.  I also was able to track down dealers for parts if you ever need them based in the U.S.  They have 6L boilers. I know of pro part dealers as well.  PM me if you like.
 View Profile Visit website Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
xaderrick
xaderrick
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Le'Lit PL041
Grinder: Breville Smart Grinder
Drip: Mr. Coffee
Posted Wed Feb 6, 2013, 7:35pm

can you send me some parts dealers for the VFA machines? Friend had his control board go out.
 View Profile Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > VFA Expres...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.403923988342)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+