Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Any one here have a Crossland CC1 yet?
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Any one here...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 5 of 17 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
grant862

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Preciso
Vac Pot: Yama 3 cup
Drip: Hario v60
Roaster: Portola Coffee Lab (yum)
Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011, 4:56pm
Subject: Re: Any one here have a Crossland CC1 yet?

Mine is coming Friday...I'll try and post some steaming videos and shot pulling as well this weekend...and I hear the bottomless pfs are on there way as well.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
grant862

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Preciso
Vac Pot: Yama 3 cup
Drip: Hario v60
Roaster: Portola Coffee Lab (yum)
Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011, 5:02pm

for me, the price is the game changer especially when you are comparing it to similar high end entry level machines. Match this with a Baratza Preciso and for a $1000 bucks you got espresso.
ginalola

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Alex Duetto II; Pasquini...
Grinder: (2) Baratza Vario
Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011, 5:09pm

You have a good point 862....enjoy your new toys!
 View Profile Link to this post
NobbyR
NobbyR

Espresso: Poccino Opus One, Ariete
Grinder: Eureka Mignon Istantaneo
Vac Pot: N/A
Drip: Melitta Linea Unica de Luxe
Roaster: N/A
Posted Thu Sep 15, 2011, 12:14am

ginalola Said:

...I watched a video of the CC1, and it seemed to be slow in making the adjustment to steam, ...

Posted September 14, 2011 link

It doesn't take as long as with a SBDU, but you still have to wait for the thermoblock to heat up the water for steaming.

"This drink of the Satan is so delicious that it would be a shame to leave it to the infidels." (Pope Clement VIII on coffee, when he was urged to ban the beverage)
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Thu Sep 15, 2011, 7:33am

NobbyR Said:

It doesn't take as long as with a SBDU, but you still have to wait for the thermoblock to heat up the water for steaming.

Posted September 15, 2011 link

On the other hand, the wait to go from steaming back to brewing would be virtually unnecessary, so compared to a SBDU machine, the time to make multiple beverages would be greatly reduced. The preinfusion function would also go a long way to consistency, again compared to the often-mentioned SBDU machines. After years of using a Silvia and knowing what I know, the CC1 looks very good, particularly comparing their functions to price.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
bure82

Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011, 11:56am

I have the cc1 machine for a month now.  I order online and when i got my shipment.  It was all damaged.  It was mainly shipping problems but this also show the build quailty is not that great.  The cup tray was bend, same with the drip tray cover.  My 3 way valve was also bent at an angle.  So I took it back to get it replace.  My second machine was better. I think my main problem is with the temperature of the machine.  I set my machine to 202 F.  The boiler get up to temp  in a few min and then it will struggle to get to the set temp.  My first run, I got an error code of HH.  Dont really know the cause of it.  I restart the machine and it's fine.  Maybe i ran my shot before my set temp.  But even when i get to 202 the shot come out to be not so hot, not what i wanted.  I'm not sure but maybe i really have to warm the machine up for a long time.  The steam, I have no problem with that, a bit slow but still works great
ampguy
ampguy

Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011, 1:39pm

Hi Bure32, Here are some tips if you haven't gotten it sorted out yet, first get a manual, 2 of the things you mention are covered in it. Email Crossland for one, or I can scan mine for you this weekend if you need.

Basically the HH is saying your temp is at 230 or higher, so as a safety, it is shutting down. Shut down, let it run setup and as the temp starts increasing, press menu to get some water in the boiler, to prime it. This is in the manual, section 1.3.

On the 202 F struggling, here is a tip I've found, after setting a cup mode to a higher temp, I do the preset settings, hit menu when done, then power off, and back on and the higher temp then sticks. I'm not sure if that's in the manual, but it works for me.

The unit should get up to temp pretty fast. For me, getting to 200-205 from ambient 75ish is just a couple of minutes.

I'm hoping to steam some milk the weekend to answer the previous poster requests on this.
bigpointyforceps
bigpointyforceps

Espresso: Crossland CC1; Breville...
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso; Solis...
Drip: Hario V60
Roaster: Nesco CR-1010-PRR
Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011, 1:48pm

ampguy Said:

...first get a manual, 2 of the things you mention are covered in it. Email Crossland for one, or I can scan mine for you this weekend if you need.

Posted September 16, 2011 link

The manual is available in PDF format (with a couple of small typos, weirdly every instance of the letters "fi" are missing hehe!) from the link below:

Click Here (brownbean.com)

The Spec sheet is available here:  

Click Here (www.crosslandcoffee.com)
bure82

Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011, 2:01pm

i have the manual. i read it . didnt quite understand. as the screen wasnt even showing that high of the temp. anyways that only happened once

as with the temp....you have to go to setup and set new temp and restart the machine everytime.  that's pretty annoying
billc

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: CC1 - GS - GS3 - GB5
Grinder: Baratza - Mazzer-Marzocco
Drip: My own Creation
Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011, 3:43pm

Here is a link to the User's Manual on the Crossland Coffee Website.  The manual from Brownbean seems to contain some errors.    If you have questions about using the machine or why it is doing something, please do not hesitate to email me.  

Click Here

If you have questions about using the machine or why the cc1 it is doing something, please do not hesitate to email me.  
Contact Info

Bill
showing page 5 of 17 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Any one here...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.432152986526)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+