Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Lelit PL41 owners thread
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Lelit PL41...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
valcs

Expertise: Pro Roaster

Espresso: Lelit PL41
Grinder: Capresso
Roaster: Probat LG3, Behmor 1600
Posted Sat Feb 19, 2011, 12:05pm
Subject: Re: Lelit PL41 owners thread

awesome! question: do you know what is the difference between the temperature of the boiler and the water inside. is there any estimate?
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Frost
Frost
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Isomac Venus
Grinder: Lelit PL53
Roaster: Poppery I w/variac, MET, BT
Posted Sat Feb 19, 2011, 12:14pm

valcs Said:

awesome! question: do you know what is the difference between the temperature of the boiler and the water inside. is there any estimate?

Posted February 19, 2011 link

I doubt anyone can answer that absolutely.  The idea is to get a routine that is predictable and repeatable. The ideal time to actually pull the shot is after the boiler temperature has stabilized; When the heater is off, and no cool water has been added for 30 or more seconds.  ... Now you pull the shot and see what ends up in your cup. Adjust boiler temp and repeat accordingly.   I can't say how this plays on the Lelit, but the general principle applies to any single boiler machine.
 View Profile Link to this post
xaderrick
xaderrick
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Le'Lit PL041
Grinder: Breville Smart Grinder
Drip: Mr. Coffee
Posted Mon Aug 1, 2011, 9:23pm

New to the Lelit machine. Read alot of good reviews and picked one up on Craigslist. Person owned it for 7 years and never pulled a shot on it. Brand new I took it out hooked it up and everything seems to be running well. After the Third double shot however the switch to turn on the group head no longer engages the pump! Anyone else have a similar issue? The three way spits just a bit when i turn the switch off but I never hear the pump kick in and never get water from the group head. Now if I flip the hot water switch with the group head switch on it engages the pump and i get some water through the grouphead. I am fairly positive I am not supposed to run it that way, any thoughts on the problem? Thanks for your time!
xaderrick
xaderrick

Posted Tue Aug 2, 2011, 5:26am

Well I took the cover off last night and saw some dirt under the switch. I haven't gotten the switch out but I guess its a possibility it could have trash in it. Anyone know a good way to take it out?
xaderrick
xaderrick

Posted Tue Aug 2, 2011, 8:57am

I have attached a pic of the machine and the first switch I got out. I see you have to push in on the sides of the switches to get them out. I however only had luck with the first one. I am having a really hard time getting my fingers in there and pushing all four of the tabs in at the same time as there isn't alot of room. Any of you smart guys got any suggestions?

xaderrick: switches.jpg
(Click for larger image)
Frost
Frost

Posted Tue Aug 2, 2011, 9:16am

Do you have a multi-meter?  It could be a loose spade contact or a bad crimp on the connector. But you are on the right track' it is either that or the switch.
JonR10
JonR10

Espresso: E61 Legend, Livietta,...
Grinder: Robur, B-Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario Tabletop, Yama...
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: 1-lb US Roaster, Behmor 1600
Posted Tue Aug 2, 2011, 9:19am

xaderrick Said:

Any of you smart guys got any suggestions?

Posted August 2, 2011 link

I'm not claiming any level of "smart", but I do have a suggestion....

On similar arrangements, I've been able to work the switch out by pressing in one tab to lean the switch out slightly (angled), and then move on to the opposite side and press the tab to wiggle the switch free.  

Does that make sense?

Jon Rosenthal
Houston, TX
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
xaderrick
xaderrick

Posted Tue Aug 2, 2011, 9:21am

Yeah I have a multi meter...every time i flip the bottom switch dirt falls out of it. Seems like its the issue I just can't get that stinkin sucker out!

Does anyone have a wiring diagram of this machine? Cause just because i own a multi meter doesn't mean i really know how to use it :(

Thanks for the help!

Frost Said:

Do you have a multi-meter?  It could be a loose spade contact or a bad crimp on the connector. But you are on the right track' it is either that or the switch.

Posted August 2, 2011 link

Frost
Frost

Posted Tue Aug 2, 2011, 10:25am

You might try some contact cleaner sprayed into the switch and work the switch. (first try on the plastic parts to make sure it doesn't melt.....)

Edit: Please use the non-flammable type for obvious reasons.....
xaderrick
xaderrick

Posted Tue Aug 2, 2011, 5:08pm

Well finally got out the switch, took it apart and sure enough some critter had made a home in the switch at some point. Wonder if this happened before it was put in the machine or while it sat on the lady's counter for a couple years. Cleaned it out and put it back together and we are back in business!! Did find a trick to get the switch out. Once the top one is out you can slide them all up and give you more room for the bottom.
showing page 3 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Lelit PL41...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.451573133469)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+