Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Water by-passing dispersion screen...(help)
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Water by-passing...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Reasnor

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Nuova Simonelli Appia
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: Popcorn Popper, SC/GG
Posted Thu May 13, 2004, 8:50am
Subject: Water by-passing dispersion screen...(help)

I posted this message on alt.coffee as well, but thought the responses might be quicker here.  Thanks!

I recently visited a church that has a coffee shop located in it.  I was asked to make coffee there for a function coming up so I inspected the machine ahead of time.  It is a GrindMaster espresso machine with some problems.  The biggest one, that I've noticed so far, is that though a little water comes through the dispersions screen, most of the water seems to come from the grouphead gasket area.  I want to try and fix this problem before I use their equipment.  Any ideas on what the problem is?  Could it be the gaskets?  Any help would be appreciated.  At the very worst, I'll bring my Oscar to do the job.  Thanks in advance.

Matt
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Woody
Woody
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Vivaldi I
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Vac Pot: Hoover
Drip: yuck
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Thu May 13, 2004, 10:25am
Subject: Re: Water by-passing dispersion screen...(help)

In the location you describe (probably many different users) it's hard to say if it gets regular cleaning.  The dispersion screen could be pretty dirty.  You'll need to take it off to check and clean and probably replace the gasket in the process.

Jon
 View Profile Link to this post
korngold
korngold
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Audrey
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Melitta Clarity
Roaster: WE Popcorn Pumper
Posted Thu May 13, 2004, 10:37am
Subject: Re: Water by-passing dispersion screen...(help)

I'd take off the dispersion screen & clean it before replacing anything.  If all the holes are clogged in the screen, the water may just be finding a new way out.

Is it a professional machine, or a home-type machine?  I've seen grindmasters that look like 58mm pro setups and also a grindmaster that was the same as the starbucks/saeco barista zia.
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Water by-passing...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.346328020096)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+