Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
LeLit PL041QE Pictures
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > LeLit PL041QE...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
Author Messages
BrianW

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: LeLit PL041QE
Grinder: LeLit PL53,Capresso Infinity
Drip: Bodum Press,Krups ProAroma
Posted Thu May 6, 2010, 8:47pm
Subject: LeLit PL041QE Pictures

As requested, here are some pictures of the new LeLit PL041QE for those that may be interested.  I also posted a picture from straight ahead in the "Espresso Shrines" thread.

BrianW: downsized_0505002222.jpg
(Click for larger image)

Brian
 View Profile Link to this post
BrianW

Posted Thu May 6, 2010, 8:48pm
Subject: Re: LeLit PL041QE Pictures

The new dispersion screen:

BrianW: downsized_0505002223.jpg
(Click for larger image)

Brian
BrianW

Posted Thu May 6, 2010, 8:51pm

Another viewpoint and a closer look at the portafilter:

BrianW: downsized_0505002225.jpg
(Click for larger image)

Brian
gregdreg
gregdreg

Espresso: Quick Mill Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: Chemex, Aropress,
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Thu May 6, 2010, 10:18pm

Hi Brian,
Awesome pics, I ordered a PL 041QE lelit paired with a vario grinder today, it wont arrive until august because its back ordered. How do you like the machine so far? If it is not too much trouble can you post a few pics of the top and the water reservoir is removed.  Thanks -Greg
cappuccinoboy

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Milano pod, Milano fully...
Grinder: grind on demand
Posted Fri May 7, 2010, 1:09pm

gregdreg Said:

Hi Brian,
Awesome pics, I ordered a PL 041QE lelit paired with a vario grinder today, it wont arrive until august because its back ordered. How do you like the machine so far? If it is not too much trouble can you post a few pics of the top and the water reservoir is removed.  Thanks -Greg

Posted May 6, 2010 link

Again if Lelit will not be delivered before August, because of back orders, this importer is giving very poor service to Lelit and to the American customers.....creating (false) shortage and rising prices (while Euro drops against the Dollar....)
Sorry Jim (Piccinich..), but I could not refrain.....
Ciao, Pietro
DrEspresso

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: mini Vivaldi S2
Grinder: K30 Vario, Baratza Vario,...
Drip: Chemex
Posted Fri May 7, 2010, 1:38pm

do you hate lelit or something?
cappuccinoboy

Posted Fri May 7, 2010, 2:08pm

DrEspresso Said:

do you hate lelit or something?

Posted May 7, 2010 link

I do not hate Lelit, actually because of this forum I have come to very friendly terms with them (when some members were wondering about OPV and I actually went to find out about their OPV......) : I simply find wrong that people should wait that long to receive their machine at a time when manufacurers (Italian) go out of their way to produce and ship machines: I have been already exchanging posts with Jim at 1stLine on the subject of programming orders, shipment and the like, and it does not have to be a full container...for utmost economy....shipping only 4-5 pallets would only add 5-10 Dollars per machine to shipping cost (last year you needed 1.6$ for 1, today you only need 1.27....., partially thanks to Greece..)...and save at least two months waiting for customers.....I understand that last shipment arrived USA April 25 (and by then it must have been already totally sold....if today they start mentioning back orders and August...)
I am actually upset because of possible loss of orders from customers who find waiting time too long....and that is not manufacturer's fault but importer's.......
Ciao, Pietro
1stline
1stline

Espresso: Undisclosed
Grinder: Indisclosed
Vac Pot: Bodum Electric
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Mon May 10, 2010, 12:48pm

cappuccinoboy Said:

Again if Lelit will not be delivered before August, because of back orders, this importer is giving very poor service to Lelit and to the American customers.....creating (false) shortage and rising prices (while Euro drops against the Dollar....)
Sorry Jim (Piccinich..), but I could not refrain.....
Ciao, Pietro

Posted May 7, 2010 link

Pietro,

IMO, I believe your post and a few others borderlines some of the posting policies prohibitions of this web site. You also placed the same response in a few places. However, I could be completely wrong about my opinion, and this is a decision respectfully made by the site owners and moderators. We do not post or post opinions when other companies are out of stock, nor make a very strong accusation of inflating prices.

Your claim about inflating prices are unfounded and untrue.

The PL041 machines used to sell at $459, many customers have purchased previously to the summer of 2009 at that price, and this price occurred when the price of the Silvia was $593-$699. Last year (summer 2009)on clearance, the machine sold for $299. Last December, a newer version was released at ~$379.

In April 2010, an even newer version was released. All pre-orders were sold at the $379 price (note no increase which we absorbed) while we had to increase the price by $20 to $399 on new orders to offset an increase by Lelit as well as some other costs. In other words, anyone waiting was rewarded without an increase.

If we were inflating prices, I do not think we would have sold out so quickly. We never expected this last shipment to sell out within days of arrival. But, unfortunately, they did. We do not want to be out of stock any more than our customers want the machine.

Our next container shipment arrives in August, and this is duly noted on our buying web site as a service to our customers. This is better than showing stock, taking orders, and then advising customers that we do not have any. Something that other companies in our industry do - some intentional and some accidental.

In addition, I believe you should not be telling us or others how to run our/their business. We do not tell you how to run your espresso consultant business, which seems to be under wraps and not revealed exactly what you do. In addition, your insight about increased shipping costs of $5-10 per machine do not take other factors into consideration (ie now empty space in the container, finances to fill that empty space, the cost of those finances, just to name a few), and we should not really have to justify these other costs to you. And, then there are other import costs you do not even know about. Every time a shipment comes in, I personally have to review about 15+ line items of costs associated with an import shipment.

With this in mind, I believe your account here on Coffeegeek should be more scrutinized as a vendor/manufacturer/business than a personal account. This is surely my personal opinion, and I do respect the decision of the moderators to make this decision.

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/1stline
Twitter: http://twitter.com/1stline
Blog: http://1st-line.blogspot.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/1stlineespresso
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
cappuccinoboy

Posted Mon May 10, 2010, 2:04pm

1stline Said:

Pietro,

IMO, I believe your post and a few others borderlines some of the posting policies prohibitions of this web site. You also placed the same response in a few places. However, I could be completely wrong about my opinion, and this is a decision respectfully made by the site owners and moderators. We do not post or post opinions when other companies are out of stock, nor make a very strong accusation of inflating prices.

Your claim about inflating prices are unfounded and untrue.

The PL041 machines used to sell at $459, many customers have purchased previously to the summer of 2009 at that price, and this price occurred when the price of the Silvia was $593-$699. Last year (summer 2009)on clearance, the machine sold for $299. Last December, a newer version was released at ~$379.

In April 2010, an even newer version was released. All pre-orders were sold at the $379 price (note no increase which we absorbed) while we had to increase the price by $20 to $399 on new orders to offset an increase by Lelit as well as some other costs. In other words, anyone waiting was rewarded without an increase.

If we were inflating prices, I do not think we would have sold out so quickly. We never expected this last shipment to sell out within days of arrival. But, unfortunately, they did. We do not want to be out of stock any more than our customers want the machine.

Our next container shipment arrives in August, and this is duly noted on our buying web site as a service to our customers. This is better than showing stock, taking orders, and then advising customers that we do not have any. Something that other companies in our industry do - some intentional and some accidental.

In addition, I believe you should not be telling us or others how to run our/their business. We do not tell you how to run your espresso consultant business, which seems to be under wraps and not revealed exactly what you do. In addition, your insight about increased shipping costs of $5-10 per machine do not take other factors into consideration (ie now empty space in the container, finances to fill that empty space, the cost of those finances, just to name a few), and we should not really have to justify these other costs to you. And, then there are other import costs you do not even know about. Every time a shipment comes in, I personally have to review about 15+ line items of costs associated with an import shipment.

With this in mind, I believe your account here on Coffeegeek should be more scrutinized as a vendor/manufacturer/business than a personal account. This is surely my personal opinion, and I do respect the decision of the moderators to make this decision.

Posted May 10, 2010 link

Jim, far from me to pretend to teach you how to run your business : you have done a fantastic job turning a good machine into a best seller, and the crazy thing about it is that people are willing to wait 4-5 months to get their machine....., if I were Lelit I would air ship at my own cost, just to keep customers happy....but again you are exclusive importer and that places on your company the burden to make sure that machine is available at all time... that is my very personal point of view that it is the commitment that you make to the manufacturer and to the market (specifically the customers...).... incidentally I learned about Lelit from this very forum, now I am on friendly terms after I took the time to go and find out about their "not really adjustable OPV", thank you for giving me the opportunity to meet them.
My work as consultant involves a lot of commercial confidentiality since it does touch a number of manufacturers of different size, and you will have noticed that I never run down any machine (nor mention any specific...), actually just try to give my personal backing to whatever the customer mentions, and then of course I do have my personal likes and dislikes.......like small conical burrs.....
If I came out with the same remark in three similar threads about the same topic of delivery delayed untill August, is just because we have been on the subject before, : I addressed to you personally and I did not go behind a courtain and I really do not see how I have been borderlining rules....unless you base that on the fact that your company is a supporter of this forum , and as such you accept only praise and not even slight criticism (I have here read much worse statements about vendors...or machines..): if you need a good shipping agent I can easily pass you ref: of Italian shipping company with offices in New Jersey who does handle complete container loads or fewer or individual pallets doing consolidation themselves: you would only be charged for the few pallets that you actually ship (of course it would work out a little more expensive...but you would be able to serve customers a lot earlier...again how you treat your customers is none of my business.....unless of course you like to hire me as a consultant or resident agent....in which case you can contact me on my Email address...).
If anything I would have said that you were selling machines too cheap, but lets face it Dollar went from 1.60 to the (Euro) one year ago, to 1.27 (yesterday also partially thanks to Greece....), so even if there have been price increases not offset by rate $/, it is a matter of timing, so whatever you say Chris Coffee teaches you something when they say "We have been able to secure a good rate and we gladly pass the savings on to our customers as ...100...200 $ discount......(wether the rate thing is true or not...)
and believe me, I know everything about imports in USA, air freight, ocean freight, duty paid and not paid....
so it looks like you have a best seller in your hands (it makes a nice change in a very low business time...): please act accordingly because I know that Lelit would be more than happy to ship you with very short notice.....
Ciao, Pietro
acasabia
acasabia
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus iv-p,...
Grinder: Quamar M80e, Hario slim
Vac Pot: Yama Vacpot, Aeropress,
Drip: french press
Roaster: hot-air popper.
Posted Mon May 10, 2010, 2:32pm

I think this whole thread has veered off course from the OP's intention....

BrianW Said:

As requested, here are some pictures of the new LeLit PL041QE for those that may be interested.  I also posted a picture from straight ahead in the "Espresso Shrines" thread.

Posted May 6, 2010 link

How are you enjoying the machine? I have the old Le'Lit pl041, I was wondering if the dispersion screen is interchangeable.

I imagine paired with that pl053 you're getting good results?

Enjoy the new machine :D

Anthony C

Currently pulling:
Dallis Bro's (NYC): New York Espresso

http://coffeeandneuroscience.wordpress.com/
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > LeLit PL041QE...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.52955698967)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+