Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Le'Lit PL041
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Le'Lit PL041  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
case

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Vario
Vac Pot: Bodum
Drip: Aeropress, Melitta
Posted Thu Dec 31, 2009, 5:21pm
Subject: Re: Le'Lit PL041

LambTaco Said:

Yeah, I talked to a CliveCoffee representative and she said that LeLit's US distributor is completely out of the PL041's, so no one can get them until the new models arrive in March.

Posted December 31, 2009 link

Yeah that's too bad.  Imo you can't really beat it at that price point if you're buying new.  Next step up would be a Gaggia Classic which you could get for like $20 more from Costco or the current deal at WLL.  Main thing I like about the Le'Lit is the smaller form factor and the brass boiler, plus I think it's a more attractive piece.  That's just judging from pictures, of course, as I have no machine as of yet.
 View Profile Link to this post
zircote
zircote
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Fiorenzato Bricoletta
Grinder: Pro M
Roaster: Behmoor
Posted Fri Jan 1, 2010, 11:20am

You should try 1st Line
http://www.1st-line.com/machines/home_mod/lelit/PL041.htm
They say they have the new model
Shipping included
I do not use the LeLit PLO41 but have the LeLit grinder
Purchased from 1st Line
Nice people, good service
case

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Vario
Vac Pot: Bodum
Drip: Aeropress, Melitta
Posted Fri Jan 1, 2010, 11:31am

zircote Said:

You should try 1st Line
http://www.1st-line.com/machines/home_mod/lelit/PL041.htm
They say they have the new model
Shipping included
I do not use the LeLit PLO41 but have the LeLit grinder
Purchased from 1st Line
Nice people, good service

Posted January 1, 2010 link

1st-line.net says they won't have it until March :-/
digger
digger

Espresso: QM Alexia w/PID
Grinder: Le'Lit PL53
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Jan 4, 2010, 1:59pm

It's good to hear that the LeLit line is doing so well. I bought my PL041 from Clive about 6 months ago and the Lelit grinder from 1st Line about 4 months ago.  I love them both and have had no trouble what so ever.  If you can wait until March, I think it is well worth it.

digger: home espresso b.JPG
(Click for larger image)
boredatwork

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Mon Jan 4, 2010, 5:48pm

Are there any other 57mm portafilters that will fit the Lelit?  Right now 1stline is out of stock of the Lelit 57mm portafilter, so I am wondering if there are any other ones I can buy?

As for naked, I just sent off my portafilter to Espresso Parts NW to have them chop of the bottom.  It's 25$ plus return shipping.  You send it out to them and then they send it back to you.   Another option is to drill it out yourself, but the cost of a drill bit it probably the same as what I paid to have it done for me.  

http://www.espressoparts.com/F_PFMOD
digger
digger

Posted Tue Jan 5, 2010, 8:29am

Does anyone know of a 57mm triple basket that will fit the Lelit portafilter ?
billherbst
billherbst

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus II
Grinder: Baratza Vario, Ascaso iMini
Vac Pot: Melior French Press
Drip: Melitta Cone
Roaster: Behmor 1600, Poppery II
Posted Fri Jan 8, 2010, 1:27am

digger Said:

Does anyone know of a 57mm triple basket that will fit the Lelit portafilter ?

Posted January 5, 2010 link

Digger,

As far as I know, no triple baskets are available that fit the Le'Lit's 57mm portafilter.

I know for sure that the Synesso triples don't fit (I took my portafilter to Espresso Parts when I lived in Olympia, Washington), nor do the triple baskets that come with Rancilio e61 bottomless portafilters (I own one and use it with my Brewtus II).

My experience with the PL041 was that the "sweet spot" of its double basket was a 14-17 gram dose. Shot quality did not benefit by updosing further. As I recall, the Le'Lit double basket can be updosed to hold 20 grams of ground coffee. At that level, however, the grounds are pressed up against the dispersion screen, which may account for the lack of improvement.

--Bill
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
digger
digger

Posted Fri Jan 8, 2010, 11:44am

Thanks for the reply,

I would agree with the overdosing comment.  I normally dose at 16 grams and I grind finer and tamp at 5-15# depending on which coffee I'm having. If I grind a little coarser, over dose to 20 grams and tamp harder, I can fill the basket to within about 1/8" of the basket rim. If I lock the basket in and then remove it, the protruding nut on the spray nozzle holding the group head screen in place has broken the top of the puck.

Oh well, Just tinkering.  I still am awfully happy with my double shots of Klatch Belle Espresso.  

I even get a full rich crema with the Klatch Decaf Espresso.

digger: klatch2.JPG
MarRxK
MarRxK

Espresso: Brewtus III-V
Grinder: Zassenhaus, Rocky
Drip: Cuisinart Brew Central
Roaster: Behmor, iRoast2
Posted Fri Jan 8, 2010, 12:46pm

LambTaco Said:

My only hesitation is that I have read about problems with new machines leaking internally and also leaky steam-wands that become worse with time.  I have read the internal leaking from the steam-wand valve is an easy fix with 2 rubber o-rings but it still is annoying that such a defect exists in new machines.

Posted December 30, 2009 link

My (much older) version eventually leaked at the boiler weld.  Then again, I got it used from a friend who bought it used and it then gave me almost four good years of service before this occurred.  Not bad, I would say.  I also had a leaky steam wand but a $1 O-ring from the hardware store fixed that quckly.

billherbst Said:

My experience with the PL041 was that the "sweet spot" of its double basket was a 14-17 gram dose. Shot quality did not benefit by updosing further. As I recall, the Le'Lit double basket can be updosed to hold 20 grams of ground coffee. At that level, however, the grounds are pressed up against the dispersion screen, which may account for the lack of improvement.

Posted January 8, 2010 link

I ended up feeling that a dose of 17 grams was ideal for my machine.

Cheers!

Mark
boredatwork

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Mon Jan 11, 2010, 6:35pm

digger Said:

Thanks for the reply,

I would agree with the overdosing comment.  I normally dose at 16 grams and I grind finer and tamp at 5-15# depending on which coffee I'm having. If I grind a little coarser, over dose to 20 grams and tamp harder, I can fill the basket to within about 1/8" of the basket rim. If I lock the basket in and then remove it, the protruding nut on the spray nozzle holding the group head screen in place has broken the top of the puck.

Oh well, Just tinkering.  I still am awfully happy with my double shots of Klatch Belle Espresso.  

I even get a full rich crema with the Klatch Decaf Espresso.

Posted January 8, 2010 link

It makes me feel better than the crema in those shots is pretty light.  I think I have been struggling with light crema, but I am starting to wonder if this is just a characteristic of this machine.
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Le'Lit PL041  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.491451978683)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+