Espresso: Espresso Machines
ESPRESSO ITALIA "Easy Cup 300"
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > ESPRESSO ITALIA...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
drtzali
drtzali
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Nuova Simonelli MAC Cup...
Grinder: MACAP MK7R
Vac Pot: um. Electrolux?
Drip: Drop
Roaster: Not that advanced yet...
Posted Tue Jun 26, 2007, 1:11pm
Subject: ESPRESSO ITALIA "Easy Cup 300"

anyone ever hear of this model, and is it any good? thanx.
 View Profile Link to this post
Tex
Tex
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Bunn ES-1A (PID'd), Gaggia...
Grinder: Rancilio MD50
Vac Pot: Way too many vintage Silex...
Drip: Melitta Clarity
Roaster: TurboCrazy &...
Posted Tue Jun 26, 2007, 2:00pm
Subject: Re: ESPRESSO ITALIA "Easy Cup 300"

drtzali Said:

anyone ever hear of this model, and is it any good? thanx.

Posted June 26, 2007 link

I've seen it plastered all over eBay, claiming to be "professional quality", but I've never had one on my workbench. I do recall one retailer saying that in adding it to his lineup he almost bankrupted his business. They reportedly break within a month and there's no factory support for warranties. To maintain his businesses reputation the retailer bought all of the machines back out of his own pocket.

Does that sound like a machine I'd want to try? I think I'd pass; but hey, if you're still curious it's just money & if you don't spend it on this you'll spend it on something else.

Tex: garagesale.gif

Tex
--
http://www.tinyurl.com/mb4uj - My coffee pages.

http://www.tinyurl.com/2tnv87 - My 'Guidelines For Newbies' page.

http://www.tinyurl.com/2cr3e2 - I sell things for friends & neighbors here. Can I list something for you?

http://www.tinyurl.com/235dfr - BUG is Bunn User's Group (espresso)
ericnorby

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Expobar Pulser
Grinder: Mazzer Mini, Solis Maestro,...
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Melitta Manual, Chemex, FP,...
Posted Tue Jun 26, 2007, 3:06pm

I did a google search and looked at the first result.  You have to buy a box of 100 "capsules" for $80.00.  I'd run away right there, not only do capsules suck in general, but for $.80, you're also getting ripped off on a per-shot basis.  If you buy a good espresso machine and grinder, the beans run from about ten to maybe fifty cents per shot.  I bought a half a pound of coffee for 7 bucks, and I've pulled at least 10 doubles so far, so that's 70 cents per double shot (35 cents per single), and I have enough for more.  

If you're planning on running a coffee shop, then coffee costs anywhere from 4 dollars (for crappy coffee) to 12 dollars (for probably great coffee) per pound.  

I'd buy a legit setup.
drtzali
drtzali

Espresso: Nuova Simonelli MAC Cup...
Grinder: MACAP MK7R
Vac Pot: um. Electrolux?
Drip: Drop
Roaster: Not that advanced yet...
Posted Wed Jun 27, 2007, 8:21am

Thank you for the advice...will definitely pass on it.
synapsevampire

Posted Sun Jul 29, 2007, 6:48pm

I've read a fair amount about the frailty of these, however I still bought two of them.

They're not worth anything approaching the 1200 I saw on one site, my price was $65 each and I received 100 pods for each machine.

It makes good espresso, consistent and simple. Far better than most can produce with their machines due to less exacting means of tamping and dosing. I used to have an extensive espresso machine collection, and most people make mediocre coffee, but it's theirs, so they like it...

I think that these are a 15 bar pump machine that was produced for commerical purposes, but might have better served as a home machine.

I'll give an update in a month or two to let you know if this is a great deal or not, so far it seems so.

-k
seedlings
seedlings

Espresso: Nuova Simonelli Premier V
Grinder: Rossi RR45
Vac Pot: Cory DCU / DCL Rubberless
Drip: Newco Air Pot
Roaster: CoffeeAir II
Posted Thu Dec 6, 2007, 7:49am

Is this machine ONLY for pods?

Thanks,
CHAD
fifthgen

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Isomac Zaffiro, Astoria CKX
Grinder: Maz. Major, Casadio, Isomac...
Drip: Capresso st600 chemex,
Roaster: Karma Coffee, Black Cat...
Posted Thu Dec 6, 2007, 8:55am

seedlings Said:

Is this machine ONLY for pods?

Thanks,
CHAD

Posted December 6, 2007 link

Yes pods only! sold by swindlers as a "pro espresso machine"

Good coffee to you and your guests
ambrosij

Posted Sat Mar 15, 2008, 11:37am

I recently purchased this model. I was looking for a cheap machine to make just a couple hundred espressos per week. My cafe is small and in this community espresso is an elitist thing so we dont sell a ton, but there was some demand. I didnt want to invest alot of money in an expensive machine but still wanted to service my customers. I have had nothing but success with this machine. It froths well, and it is simple to use. It is a little slow when having to do double shots but other than that works great, a nice frothy crema on top of that espresso. I only paid 150 bucks for the machine and it came with 100 pods.  Dont pay any more than 150 they are all over ebay for that price and less.  If it breaks...so what it was $150 bucks, it paid for itself in less than two weeks.  Okay now for the pods. The espresso is really good, and there are several varieties and even tea pods, if thats what your in to. I like the dark espresso roast.  If you dont shop around you could pay 50 to 65 bucks for 100 pods.  Dont do that. The stuff has a shelf like of like 3 years because of the way it was vacuume packed, I wouldnt keep it around that long, but hey supposedly you can.  There are people on ebay selling 100 pods for $35.00 and an Espresso Italia dealer in Saratoga NY that sells it fo like 41 and i think if you buy 400 pods its free shipping, dont knock what you havnt tried and keep an open mind...like I said so far so god, I give it 7 out of 10 stars.
wideasleep1
wideasleep1
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: VBMDoubleDomo
Grinder: Mahlkoenig K30 Vario
Vac Pot: nope
Drip: Bodum Press
Roaster: IR1 and 2,SC/TO,Behmor
Posted Sat Mar 15, 2008, 1:09pm

I've also heard they freeze-dry coffee, and it can be kept indefinitely...they call it 'instant coffee'. MANY folks drink it, so don't knock it, 'til you've tried it! You can get great deals shopping around, so don't only buy it at the supermarket. "You know you're an elitist when....(insert punchline here)'...
A cafe that doesn't serve true espresso? It just might work! (*$).
ambrosij

Posted Sun Mar 16, 2008, 11:15am

Hey dick head, ever think that maybe some places cant afford a 2500 or 3000 or more machine.  Sometimes you have to start with something thats not neccesarily perfect.  And the machine does allow you to pull good shots with a thick crema so they can kick me off of here or they can delete this post but well kiss my ass and F@#@ off.
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > ESPRESSO ITALIA...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.429250001907)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+