Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Piacere espresso machine
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Piacere espresso...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
isopeanut

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rio 2 group, Reneka Basic
Posted Sat Oct 21, 2006, 7:09pm
Subject: Piacere espresso machine

New user here, first post - be gentle!  I acquired a Piacere Classica espresso machine when I bought a bunch of equipment for a pizza shop.  It works, but is horribly filthy.  No pressure guage on this - pump sounds much more noisy than even a vibe pump should -  110v, pour-over with a fluid-o-tech 70w pump.  I can't find any information about this little one, so if anyone has any information, it would be greatly appreciated.  Disassembly started, and I noticed the the group head apears to be heated - Is this common?  What would the benefits of a heated group head be, besides cooking the group gasket?

isopeanut: mini-PA110030.JPG
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Link to this post
isopeanut

Posted Sat Oct 21, 2006, 7:10pm
Subject: Re: Piacere espresso machine

Oops, meant to post the pic of the grouphead.

isopeanut: mini-PA210002.JPG
(Click for larger image)
isopeanut

Posted Sat Oct 28, 2006, 6:34pm

Disassembly pics here: Click Here (www.flickr.com) pretty disgusting - check out the wiring job.
oofnik

Espresso: NS Oscar, Gaggia Factory
Posted Sat Oct 28, 2006, 9:24pm

Wow, and I thought I've seen a dirty machine before.. that's horrible. Well I can't be of much help, I don't have any espresso machine rebuilding experience, but that sounds like an awesome project. I hope you get it cleaned up and working great. It looks like it has some great potential!

I'd say that the designer opted to heat the group independently because there wasn't enough heat conduction in the machine to keep the group at a reasonable temperature. It's definitely a cheaper design route than implementing a thermosyphon. I wonder how well it works. Keep us updated!
PaulTheRoaster
PaulTheRoaster
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Faema C84 A/1, Eterna leva...
Grinder: Compak K6, Solis Classic
Drip: French Press, Swiss Gold...
Roaster: RK drum
Posted Sat Oct 28, 2006, 10:47pm

Damn that's filthy. Looks like something lived in it.

If you are worried about the pump, you can get a full rotary pump and motor for about $50 on E-Bay if you look for a soda-machine carbonator. Add $10 for a relay. It's pretty easy after you've sorted out the NPT vs. BSPP game.
isopeanut

Posted Fri Dec 8, 2006, 2:26pm
Subject: Progress

Well, after a good start, reality set in, and my dreams of being Paul Pratt were shattered by the fact that what he does is artistry, and I am no artist.  I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to remember how everything went back together, so I reassembled it without doing all the cool stuff I had in mind, pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/isopeanut/
It was all fairly easy.  Anyway, I filled the tank and turned it on, the autofill kicked in and the machine started to heat up.  All was well, no leaks - until it got up to temperature - thats when steam started shooting out of the weld between the boiler and the heat exchanger.  I guess it will come apart again to have the boiler fixed - unless anyone has a suggestion on some kind of cold welding compound so I could fix it in place.  Other than that, seems like a decent little machine, it has a 1500w heating element, and steams as well as my Rio does.  I have a dual manometer on order, and I still need to replace the high limit thermostat, which I have currently bypassed until the new one shows up.
benpiff
benpiff
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: RocketR58,GrimacMini,Vetrano
Grinder: K10Fresh,LSM FK
Vac Pot: Vario,Pharos
Drip: Livia 90, NS Elli
Roaster: Sonofresco ADR
Posted Wed Jan 2, 2013, 10:31pm

Hey all, well it seems Portland has the only two of these machines in existence. Well, documented online at least. I hope bumping an ancient thread isn't against the rules, but I thought it made sense that these super-obscure peas remain in one pod.

So, I just got a Piacere Classica machine and a Piacere dedicated steamer. Both are pourover and use the same wacky jar water tank as the one above. The main difference I see so far between mine and isopeanut's is that my Flojet pump is bigger, and is leaking from the top a bit. Does anyone know a good number to call about this part? It looks like the whole pump is held together with 4 screws, and it's probably that o-ring. The machine has had hardly any use and is a bit dusty inside but much cleaner than it looks in pictures. Warms up pretty fast, steams like crazy but the group performs very differently from an e61. Gotta turn the pressurestat down once I find it.

Has anyone heard of a Flojet being the primary pump for an espresso machine? The thing sounds nice, similar to my Alex rotary but perhaps even quieter?
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8BjqBsw3At8/UOU XYVxosxI/AAAAAAAAUts/jHz7_PNKiec/s640/piacere.JPG
click here
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-NchLdKjnWos/UOUXYh 7aGuI/AAAAAAAAUts/RlrB1LcwQG4/s640/piacere%25202.JPG
click here

www.oldparkedcars.com
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Piacere espresso...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.372169017792)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+