Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Olympia cremina -Any good?
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Olympia cremina...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Marsig
Marsig
Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Mon Sep 11, 2006, 7:59am
Subject: Olympia cremina -Any good?

Hi, I just bough a la Pavoni on ebay, that unfortunately turned out to be in really bad condition, pressure gauge doesn't work, the steam knob is bend..The guy is saying that the gauges are basicly just for show and that they are never accurate???! I am filing a complaint and hopefully I will get my money back:(
Now I am considering getting a Olympia cremina instead, but this time I will do the research!!!
Can anyone tell me their experiences with this machine and what to look out for if I buy a used? Is it easy to get spare parts?
Where is the best place to buy it,

Thanks,

Marie
 View Profile Link to this post
mcKoffee
mcKoffee
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: VBM DD, Bricoletta, Audrey,...
Grinder: Major,SJ, Rocky,...
Vac Pot: Gold Royal Balance
Drip: When it rains...Aero,...
Roaster: USRC3k,CCR HT, Behmor, Cafe...
Posted Mon Sep 11, 2006, 8:45am
Subject: Re: Olympia cremina -Any good?

You may get better/more information on the Home Barista Leverage Espresso Machines forum.

miKe mcKoffee aka Mike McGinness
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
mybs

Espresso: QuickMill Anita
Grinder: Macap M4, La Cimbali Jr.
Drip: KitchenAid, Clever Coffee...
Roaster: FreshRoast+8, SC/CO
Posted Mon Sep 11, 2006, 8:48am

When you buy used off Ebay, you always run the risk of receiving a lemon as you did with the La Pavoni.  Unfortunately, there are just some Ebay sellers that are simply not honest.  Hope you manage to get your money back.  Since you seem to be interested in only Lever machines, I'd recommend stopping by here and reading through some of the posts.  Here's a specific post regarding the Olympia Cremina that you've expressed interest in.  If you're planning on buying used, I believe that JimT was planning on selling one here, and you could always post or email him regarding whether the machine is still available and the condition.  Hope that helps.
Marsig
Marsig

Posted Mon Sep 11, 2006, 9:30am

Great -thanks so much for the advise!
joatmon

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Mon Sep 11, 2006, 10:04am

Removed
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Olympia cremina...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.428301095963)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+