Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Whole Latte Love: Bad customer service  :(
Great Espresso at Home
Curated selection of the best machines from La Spaziale, Izzo, Quick Mill, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Whole Latte...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 5 last page next page
Author Messages
Galactus

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Tue Jan 17, 2006, 10:24pm
Subject: Whole Latte Love: Bad customer service  :(

Hi,
So I ordered a Gaggia Espresso from Whole Latte Love, and when we got it there was a 1/4 inch+ gap between the top plastic pieces. I took photos of the gap and sent to their customer service, but no reply until I emailed them again.

This was the entirety of their email that was sent on Jan. 11th:

"Your information and pics were forwarded to the rep that files the Damage claims with Fed ex, it does take approximately 24-48 hrs to process."

Well, great, at least they got my email. Haven't heard back from anyone there yet.

I ordered from them to help out this site, but am regretting that decision. Now I need to call...

g.
 View Profile Link to this post
alsterling
alsterling
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale S1 (Had Expo)
Grinder: Macap M4 & Gaggia MDF
Vac Pot: Not yet...
Drip: Capresso MT-500 & Melitta...
Roaster: Hottop Digital
Posted Wed Jan 18, 2006, 12:44am
Subject: Re: Whole Latte Love: Bad customer service  :(

Matt:

I took interest with edimagic's customer service issue with the Abreecoffee supplied Expobar Lever with the peeling porta filter. Although two different outfits, they (WLL and Aabree) are owned by the same corp. Although I was serviced well by WLL, I've emailed WLL on a few occasions and always had to call directly. Seems they don't respond to my emails. At least you got an initial response. However, I wonder if it was damage or a factory defect issue? Did the box look damaged when you got it? Heck, they normally double box their shipments. I can't see how anything short of falling out of an airplane would damage the goods without showing the obvious damage on the outer carton. This doesn't make sense?

Best, Al

Member No.12047 - SCAA
http://www.baristaexchange.com/profile/AlSterling
Warning: Close cover before striking
"Space Available Here for Something Really Prolific"
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Galactus

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Jan 18, 2006, 9:24am

No, the box wasn't damaged. I have heard of these plastic Gaggia's having the occasional gap between the plastic, and wondered what WLL's policy was on these.

matt
Jeff_K
Jeff_K
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: LaCimbali Junior D/1,...
Grinder: LaCimbali Junior, Rio...
Drip: Presto Scandinavian, Bodum...
Roaster: Hottop KN8828, Kitchen...
Posted Wed Jan 18, 2006, 9:46am

Didn't order mine from WLL, but I bought a Gaggia Evolution and the top wasn't seated properly on the piece below it, but was only in the back.  I didn't really notice it until recently and it doesn't affect the performance so I just left it.  It probably wouldn't be too hard to fix since the panels should sort of lock together to form the shell, and I remember reading about others with the same type of thing on their new Gaggias.  Unless it's cracked or damaged it might be easier to try and reseat the top yourself.  Shouldn't be that way in the first place but it could be a Gaggia quality control issue.  If you're handy it could be an easy fix.
steven_meyer

Espresso: Alex Duetto 3.0, ECM  Giotto...
Grinder: HG-One, Mahlkonig K-30 vario
Posted Wed Jan 18, 2006, 9:51am

Why not call them? I've always had much better luck talking to someone rather than e-mailing a faceless and voiceless   computer that may or not be answered on a timely basis. They do have a 800#so it isn't going to cost you anything to call.

I've had numerous contacts with WLL and always had much better success when I used the telephone vs the few times I used my computer.
bigjoedo

Espresso: Gaggia Classic, Carezza &...
Grinder: Rocky, Maestro Plus,...
Drip: Black & Decker
Roaster: Hottop Digital & 2- FR8 +
Posted Wed Jan 18, 2006, 12:23pm

Galactus,

I had some shipping problems around Christmas with WLL. I would call them at:
       (888) 411-5282 and ask to talk to a manager Mark Jackson, he was able to get the problem straightened out.

Joe
Kristi
Kristi

Espresso: Gaggia Evo w silvia wand
Grinder: Macap M4 mod to d&s-less
Roaster: (Jeff at Redbirdcoffee)
Posted Fri Jan 20, 2006, 12:32pm

Call them.

#--> I recommend Eric Svendson's adapter and thermometer for E61s (also Silvia) : easy surfing!
# My photo albums have moved to     http://picasaweb.google.com/krislema2
stinkyjones
stinkyjones

Espresso: Wega Atlas EVD 1GR (Black)
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly (Orange)
Roaster: New!: GG/SC
Posted Fri Jan 20, 2006, 12:36pm

steven_meyer Said:

Why not call them? I've always had much better luck talking to someone rather than e-mailing a faceless and voiceless   computer that may or not be answered on a timely basis. They do have a 800#so it isn't going to cost you anything to call.

Posted January 18, 2006 link

Kristi Said:

Call them.

Posted January 20, 2006 link

I disagree.
You do business on the web, you answer your email in a timely fashion.

--Scott

The pillars of inspiration are all falling down.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
aurelio
aurelio

Espresso: Gaggia Evolution
Grinder: Astra(CT)/Antigua
Vac Pot: Santos/FP/AP
Drip: Presto-SG/Krups(pourover)
Roaster: Alp
Posted Fri Jan 20, 2006, 12:47pm

Jeff_K Said:

I bought a Gaggia Evolution and the top wasn't seated properly on the piece below it, but was only in the back.

Posted January 18, 2006 link

Interesting.  I noticed the same exact problem on my Evolution.  I bought mine used but it was less than 1 year old and used less than 10 times.

Sounds like Gaggia has a QC problem.

Aurelio

"Go Steelers!"
slider
slider

Espresso: Vetrano
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless, Knee...
Vac Pot: Yama w/ Cona rod
Drip: 1 Cup Ceramic, Press
Roaster: SC/SO, iRoast1, iRoast 2
Posted Fri Jan 20, 2006, 4:49pm

Unfortunately I've been here about bad customer service (reading about it rather) from WLL more and more often.  This thing with the Gaggia Espresso sounds exactly the same as somebody else's post sometime before xmas also from WLL.  It seems that WLL may just be too big, once most companies start being just about the biz and not about the passion for getting into it in the first place, it's all about the bottom dollar.  Given that the most likely person to buy from you again is a previous customer, this just flat out says "I don't care".  I also agree with the poster who said, "if you do business on the web" regarding returning emails.  As of this post, I'm boycotting WLL until I start hear about better CS.

This plan is so bad it must be one of ours!
showing page 1 of 5 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Whole Latte...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.432983160019)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+