Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
new Quick Mill Vetrano - first shots
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > new Quick Mill...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
RAS
RAS
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: PV Lusso, Cremina, Oly...
Grinder: OE Pharos
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos
Drip: Manual (funnel)
Roaster: Heat gun
Posted Wed Dec 21, 2005, 1:17pm
Subject: Re: new Quick Mill Vetrano - first shots

Good to hear about the Cunill. Sounds like it found a good home. Looks like mine will take a back-up roll as of Christmas... My wife bought a Macap M4 for me. I'm just hoping that it produces a grind like the Cunill. But what I'm hoping for most is that she'll allow me to keep it next the Andreja in the Kitchen (fingers crossed).

Bob
 View Profile Link to this post
JonR10
JonR10
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: E61 Legend, Livietta,...
Grinder: Robur, B-Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario Tabletop, Yama...
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: 1-lb US Roaster, Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Dec 21, 2005, 2:09pm

RapidCoffee Said:

...I can only pass on the inimitable words of TwoMartinis:

Posted December 21, 2005 link

hehehehe

I have to agree.  All it takes is a little practice.
In your case John, I would say VERY little

Nice shotz!!  Lovely machine!!
You must have been a good boy this year....unlike me.  ;-)

Jon Rosenthal
Houston, TX
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
slider
slider
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless, Knee...
Vac Pot: Yama w/ Cona rod
Drip: 1 Cup Ceramic, Press
Roaster: SC/SO, iRoast1, iRoast 2
Posted Wed Dec 21, 2005, 3:40pm

Very Nice Machine!
Thanks for all the pix :)
Congrats

This plan is so bad it must be one of ours!
poison
poison

Espresso: Astra Pro
Grinder: Maestro Plus, Super J deal
Drip: Cone filter
Roaster: RK drum
Posted Wed Dec 21, 2005, 6:05pm

Ohhh, the beauty. Congrats on the awesome wife! ;-)
peacedog
peacedog

Espresso: Andreja Premium; Presso
Grinder: rancilio rocky doserless
Vac Pot: Yama HCA-5
Drip: Krups Moka Brew; Technivorm...
Roaster: behmor 1600; Toastess popper
Posted Wed Dec 21, 2005, 8:26pm

JonR10 Said:

hehehehe

I have to agree.  All it takes is a little practice.
In your case John, I would say VERY little

Nice shotz!!  Lovely machine!!
You must have been a good boy this year....unlike me.  ;-)

Posted December 21, 2005 link

JonR - I kept warning you about wearing your short pants in the convertible - now look what happened :-)

"Give me a rocks on the rocks - and put it in a dirty glass" - Cary Granite
rafaelito1
rafaelito1

Espresso: Quick Mill Andreja Premium
Grinder: KitchenAid ProLine
Posted Wed Dec 21, 2005, 9:27pm

Wow! That is one great looking machine and those shots are beautiful! I think Chris has outdone himself and put himself in a good place to compete with the Brewtus II. I love my QuickMill machine. The build quality is fantastic. These will go quickly!
RapidCoffee
RapidCoffee

Espresso: La Spaziale S1
Grinder: Mazzer Robur
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: misc
Posted Wed Dec 21, 2005, 11:23pm

Thanks all. So far I really like this machine. One minor gripe so far: the drip tray is a bit short, and will be hard to plumb. Lots and lots of positives: good packaging by Chris & Co, great setup, brew temp and pressure are excellent right out of the box, easy to connect, love the no-burn wands, certainly more forgiving than my previous two HX machines. I've pulled less than a dozen shots on it, so these are just first impressions... but I believe they will hold up.

IMHO, Vetrano is not a direct competitor of Brewtus - probably the Fiorenzato Briccoletta has that honor. When (and if) Chris comes out with a double boiler machine, then it will be look out Brewtus!
slider
slider

Espresso: Vetrano
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless, Knee...
Vac Pot: Yama w/ Cona rod
Drip: 1 Cup Ceramic, Press
Roaster: SC/SO, iRoast1, iRoast 2
Posted Wed Jan 25, 2006, 7:31pm

Rapidcoffee,

Got some more pics of the machine?  I got the two you already uploaded.  I thought I could hold out for the now illusive dual boiler from Chriscoffee, but I feel myself beginning to waver.  I currently have a PID'd Silvia which makes great shots, but the steaming thing is really starting to get to me.  From what I have been picking up, the HX water dance thing really is not that big of a deal.  I'm feeling a purchase this year.  Probably a ridiculous request, but if you happen to have a Silvia laying around, a side by side :)  Anyways, just trying to get more of a feel of the machine, scale and such.  One other purchase would be stepping up to a Mazzer from a Rocky, K-ching.

This plan is so bad it must be one of ours!
mcKoffee
mcKoffee

Espresso: VBM DD, Bricoletta, Audrey,...
Grinder: Major,SJ, Rocky,...
Vac Pot: Gold Royal Balance
Drip: When it rains...Aero,...
Roaster: USRC3k,CCR HT, Behmor, Cafe...
Posted Thu Jan 26, 2006, 12:37am

slider Said:

Rapidcoffee,

Got some more pics of the machine?  I got the two you already uploaded.  I thought I could hold out for the now illusive dual boiler from Chriscoffee, but I feel myself beginning to waver.  I currently have a PID'd Silvia which makes great shots, but the steaming thing is really starting to get to me.  From what I have been picking up, the HX water dance thing really is not that big of a deal.  I'm feeling a purchase this year.  Probably a ridiculous request, but if you happen to have a Silvia laying around, a side by side :)  Anyways, just trying to get more of a feel of the machine, scale and such.  One other purchase would be stepping up to a Mazzer from a Rocky, K-ching.

Posted January 25, 2006 link

What you hear is correct HX dance wise. No biggy and very accurate. Moved up from my PIDd auto-water filled Misstress of 3&1/2 years a couple months ago. (to rotary leverette Bricoletta) I too had been holding out for the dual boiler PID Quick Mill that may or may not happen, but ZERO regrets with the Bricoletta and her performance. Compared head to head shots before selling Missy and found an improvement in Clarity, more distinct tastes in the shots. And shots much more forgiving than Missy. Don't know how much has to do with E-61 group versus rotary or combination of the two, but will never go back to vibe!

PS Not trying to hijack your thread on your fab' new Vetrano, trying to elaborate on HX, E-61 and rotary all components of the Vetrana. Though I would love to do a head to head with a Vetrano and Bricoletta some day! (I would have to mod my Bric' so it had a brew pressure gauge first of course so I wouldn't have to hang my head in shame;-)

miKe mcKoffee aka Mike McGinness
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
RapidCoffee
RapidCoffee

Espresso: La Spaziale S1
Grinder: Mazzer Robur
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: misc
Posted Fri Feb 3, 2006, 10:09pm

slider Said:

Rapidcoffee,

Posted January 25, 2006 link

Hi Daniel, and apologies for the belated reply, somehow I missed your post. Let me know what pix you would like and I'll try to upload 'em. Basically the Vetrano is yet another shiny SS box dominated by the exposed E61 group head. Perhaps not as elegantly designed as the Giotto Premium or as pleated Art Deco as the Bric, but striking enough if you like that look. Sorry, I can't do side-by-side comparison with Silvia, but you can get machine dimensions off the Chris' Coffee website.

Mike answered the HX question in much the way I would have. Having owned a Silvia, he's actually in a better position to give you feedback. (BTW, you might consider the Bric, it sounds like a great alternative to the Vetrano.) Another good resource would be Tim (Cajun_Brew),who upgraded from a Silvia to the QM Anita (similar to Vetrano but pourover machine with a vibe pump). If you enjoy milk-based espresso drinks, HX machines offer a great amount of added value over single boilers. Don't let the supposed difficulty of the HX flush put you off - this has been overstated by people who've never owned an HX machine. It's easy to hear when the overheated water has been flushed and you can start the pour, especially with the really quiet pump on the Vetrano.

I do hope Chris doesn't abandon his double boiler machine - we need more choices in that arena. DBs offer some nice improvements over HX machines, because you can set the brew and steam temps independently. Unfortunately choices are limited to Brewtus and LaSpaz S1, both significantly more costly than Bric or Vetrano.
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > new Quick Mill...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.446537971497)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+