Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Just bought a used Cimbali M28 Select...do I need therapy?
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Just bought a...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
hifi_guy
hifi_guy
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Simonelli Oscar & Personal V
Grinder: Simonelli MDE, Mazzer Kony...
Vac Pot: none
Drip: Melitta Cone, now unused
Posted Thu May 26, 2005, 2:27pm
Subject: Just bought a used Cimbali M28 Select...do I need therapy?

Hi all,

I probably have some neurosis that forces me to buy used espresso machines on ebay. This time around, it's a Cimbali M28 Select that was simply too cheap to just ignore. 326 Euros. Maybe some of the Cimbali regulars weren't aware of it because the seller wrote "Cimballi" in the description.

Anyone using one of these? Any experience you could share? I don't know much about the machine, and a CG search turned up nothing.

For example, how is the steam valve operated? I'll sure find out when I pick the machine up in a few days, but I'm curious. And I hope it's still in decent condition...I seriously do.

Regards,
Bernhard
 View Profile Link to this post
nobbi4711
nobbi4711
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Dallacorte Mini EX4
Grinder: Casadio Instantaneous
Drip: French Press
Roaster: Mini-500/800N drum roaster;...
Posted Thu May 26, 2005, 4:47pm
Subject: Re: Just bought a used Cimbali M28 Select...do I need therapy?

Maybe you should have a closer look at the german kaffee-netz.de (not because of the therapy, but of the cimbali discussions)

Greetings \\//

Marcus
hifi_guy
hifi_guy

Espresso: Simonelli Oscar & Personal V
Grinder: Simonelli MDE, Mazzer Kony...
Drip: Melitta Cone, now unused
Posted Fri May 27, 2005, 2:00pm

Marcus, I'm also a Kaffee-Netz user, "DaleBCooper", to be precise. I didn't find much on the M28Select, though. Neither here nor on the German forum. After some weeks with my Personal V, the thought of a commercial two-group machine isn't all that frightening anymore. But I have the feeling that the Cimbali, unlike my Simonelli, will need some serious restoration work. This is probably the first machine I'm really gonna have to tear apart completely. We'll see. Soon;-)

Regards,
Bernhard
xefned

Espresso: Krups steam machine
Grinder: Nueva Simonelli MCI...
Drip: Wednesdays only (at...
Roaster: Batdorf and Bronson
Posted Mon May 30, 2005, 10:03pm

Seems like an ideal machine! And at a great price.

Read JavaMan's review of the M27. It will make you glad you bought it:
Click Here (www.coffeegeek.com)

(Don't let the "Pasquini" throw you - this is a La Cimbali - rebranded for the US market.)
Search for also for M27 and M29's. They're very similar.
So is the M30 Bistro. As far as I can tell, they all have the same group assemblies.

It's a solid model. When you take the top off, it's more like looking at a car engine than a coffee machine...
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Just bought a...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.355113983154)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+