Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Machine and grinder buying experience...so far, FWIW
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Machine and...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Circuits

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Expobar Pulser
Grinder: Macap M4
Posted Thu May 19, 2005, 5:32pm
Subject: Machine and grinder buying experience...so far, FWIW

Ordered Isomac Zaffiro from WLL, took a couple of days to ship.  No tracking number sent, I had to call.  Took about 7 days to receive (expected).  Package looked good, machine was all bent up.  Called WLL on Friday night, left message of shipping damage.  Called Saturday when no callback received.  Said they'd call me Monday with instructions.  No call on Monday, I had to call.  They called me back late Tuesday with instructions.  FedEx picked up package on Wed.  I called WLL on Wednesday with damage control number and ordered an Expobar Pulser (had second thoughts on Zaffiro).  They said they'd ship it on Thursday and send tracking number.  Late Thursday, no email and my online account shows no updated order.    Do I have to call them AGAIN to see if it shipped?

Grinder:  called Chris' Coffee.  Great help.  Ordered MACAP M4, they are in stock.  Received instant order confirmation in email.  Received tracking number same day.  It's on it's way.

Who would I order from again.....hmmmmm.
 View Profile Link to this post
hamm
hamm
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Alex Duetto (1st gen)
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Vac Pot: I'm not that kind of guy...
Drip: From the faucet occasionally
Roaster: I buy from several
Posted Thu May 19, 2005, 6:31pm
Subject: Re: Machine and grinder buying experience...so far, FWIW

I've never ordered from WLL but I got my entire rig from Chris.  Outstanding service.

Bad cases happen all the time, and I doubt if even Chris' Coffee has a 100% complaint-free record.  Even still, one bad experience can ruin a company's reputation to the buyer.

Better luck to you next time, I guess.

Hamm
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
chelya
chelya

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus
Grinder: Mazzer Kony
Posted Thu May 19, 2005, 7:53pm

I ordered stuff from WLL a number of times - including 2 espresso machines and a grinder. It seems to be hit or miss. My last order was screwed twice - I am almost giving up. It is a minor thing - I will order it elsewhere.
In general they are always willing to resolve the problem.

Chris was always top notch for me.

Given a choice, I would order from Chris, however I would not hesitate to order from WLL as well.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
superjohnny
superjohnny

Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Drip: French Press, Technivorm,...
Posted Thu May 19, 2005, 8:14pm

I called Aabree to see if they'd give me a discount on a grinder & espresso machine... spoke with Kim.  Called WLL and asked if they'd give me a discount on a grinder & espresso machine... spoke with Kim.  Huh?  "Kim, are WLL and Aabree the same company?"  Kim says, "yes, they're owned by the same parent company.  Did I just talk to you?"

It was kinda weird.  Called Chris' and they were very nice & offered me the best price I can find on a Rocky.  Just need to get together some $$$
imrer
imrer

Espresso: none
Grinder: Rocky DL
Vac Pot: none
Drip: Bonjour french press
Posted Fri May 20, 2005, 2:31pm

my experience has thus far been the opposite of yours.  I emailed Chriscoffee about my interest in buying a grinder and got kind of a rude email in return.  Then I called them and left a message that was never returned.

I just ordered my rocky dl from wll and got a confirmation email within 15 minutes.  I'll see how the rest of the process goes, but so far, wll has my vote (and dollars).

I may not have gotten the price that I would have gotten at chriscoffee, but I felt better with my treatment from wll, and also got a 1 year extended warranty.

I think that any vendor has their good and bad days.  I certainly have no doubt that chriscoffee has made lots of people very happy (as has wll).  It's nice that at least we have a choice.
Circuits

Espresso: Expobar Pulser
Grinder: Macap M4
Posted Fri May 20, 2005, 2:50pm

ya, I don't have much room to complain, just minor inconveniences.  At least the ball is still rolling with WLL.  Maybe the shipping damage on the Zaffiro was a blessing in disguise.  It gave me time to really consider that just because something is $400 dollars off normal price, it's not necessarily a good deal for me.  The HX is going to be awesome.

I just found a coupon code for AABREE coffee, 5% off your order:   ACC4042
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Machine and...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.348201036453)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+