Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
Restoring Nuova Simonelli Mac 2000V
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Restoring Nuova...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
Author Messages
saborcafe

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Sat Nov 23, 2013, 10:53pm
Subject: Restoring Nuova Simonelli Mac 2000V

Hello everybody,
I recently picked up this machine and I am currently trying to bring it back to life. So far the I have to replace the pressure gauge and the shower head diffuser. I was trying to remove the shower head (I think that's how it is called) and I cannot figure out how to do this. I cracked it trying to remove it and it still will not come out. It is surrounded by what looks to be a gasket but it is too hard to be a dry rotted rubber gasket in my opinion.
I looked at the part diagram for my machine and it is not of much help. The problem is that I have no idea of what I am missing since the machine did not even come with a portafilter. Can anybody shed any light on this? Thanks.

saborcafe: 3.jpg
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Link to this post
saborcafe

Posted Sat Nov 23, 2013, 10:55pm
Subject: Re: Restoring Nuova Simonelli Mac 2000V

More Pics.

saborcafe: 2 (1).jpg
(Click for larger image)
fnacer

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Salvatore E61, Vivaldi Mini...
Grinder: Mazzer Mini, Gaggia MDF,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Sun Nov 24, 2013, 3:14am

Would you point out, on the pictures, what you are asking about?
plindy
plindy
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: NS Oscar
Grinder: SJ Pharos Lido HG-One
Posted Sun Nov 24, 2013, 4:25am

that looks like a pod style breaker plate
with screw removed there is nothing but accumulated what ever holding it in place
if the machine heats up place a porta filter with blind basket filled with water in the group
when all is warm should break loose ,  or a short sharp shock  [tap with hammer]

I couldn't seek a crack in the photo
saborcafe

Posted Sun Nov 24, 2013, 12:59pm

I am sorry, but the size restrictions for pictures on our forum are kind of tight. lol

Below I have marked the area where it cracked while I was trying to pry it off with a screw driver.

The black rim looks to be a gasket but it is hard as a rock and it deforms like lead when I scratch it with the screw driver. (it is obviously not lead but feels like it).

saborcafe: 21.jpg
saborcafe

Posted Sun Nov 24, 2013, 1:07pm

plindy Said:

that looks like a pod style breaker plateroup
with screw removed there is nothing but accumulated what ever holding it in place
if the machine heats up place a porta filter with blind basket filled with water in the group
when all is warm should break loose ,  or a short sharp shock  [tap with hammer]

I couldn't seek a crack in the photo

Posted November 24, 2013 link

Could you elaborate on what a " pod style breaker plate" is?

I tried using my bezzera portafilter (58mm) and it feels very loose, I believe this is due the fact that I am probably missing a bunch of gaskets.

I am just afraid of using more force because as you can see I already cracked something that was working properly. I have attached a picture of what the group head should look like, even though to me is different.

Thank you for the replies so far.

saborcafe: 10 (Custom) (2).JPG
(Click for larger image)
saborcafe

Posted Sun Nov 24, 2013, 7:03pm

So I finally got courage and removed the parts using a punch. Attached is the picture with the order of parts as I removed them. The diagram obviously shows something different, specifically the nut looking thing (has no threads and I believe it is called a diffuser) and the other part is a bigger shower screen as the one I have is smaller.

My question now is, what kind of setup did this machine had? What is a rig or meant for pods or something along those lines?

saborcafe: 20131124_171906 (Custom) (2).jpg
(Click for larger image)
fnacer

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Salvatore E61, Vivaldi Mini...
Grinder: Mazzer Mini, Gaggia MDF,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Sun Nov 24, 2013, 8:05pm

The machine is current set up for pods. You will need to change the dispersion screen and the shower screen (the first two items from the right). And, of course, the gasket.

Have a look at Click Here (www.home-barista.com) It has large, clear pictures of the pod and the ground coffee set ups.
saborcafe

Posted Sun Nov 24, 2013, 8:18pm

fnacer Said:

The machine is current set up for pods. You will need to change the dispersion screen and the shower screen (the first two items from the right). And, of course, the gasket.

Have a look at Click Here (www.home-barista.com) It has large, clear pictures of the pod and the ground coffee set ups.

Posted November 24, 2013 link

Thanks for link. It all makes sense now, I will now order the correct parts. Thank you!
ytsemaddy

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu Nov 28, 2013, 7:27am

You and I are "brothers in arms", as I'm about to restore a Mac 200V as well!  It looks like mine was also converted to a pod and I need to change it back. If you've already gotten the parts list for converting it back, would you mind sharing? If not, I'm sure I can throw something together.

Good luck!
-Maddy
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Restoring Nuova...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.280014038086)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+