Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
Restoring my new Old white Coffee Gaggia
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Restoring my new...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 8 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
D4F

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Baratza Forte-AP
Posted Sat Sep 7, 2013, 11:52am
Subject: Re: Restoring my new Old white Coffee Gaggia

SJM Said:

In any case, although it is true that Yahoo Groups are much maligned, and probably for good reason, we do try to keep as much information as possible about as many Gaggias as possible and to help troubleshoot issues that Gaggia owners have.

Susan
finicky Gaggia Group co-Owner

Posted September 6, 2013 link

Of course you could share the knowledge and information here instead of "keeping as much information as possible."  :)  Nice to see you post again, but better if sharing.

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
 View Profile Link to this post
D4F

Posted Sat Sep 7, 2013, 11:55am

PID that you have ordered can help that steam by raising the average temperature/pressure.  You should be able to get reasonably dry steam after a little bleed.

http://coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/machinemods/571792

D4F also at
SJM

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: SAMA (2), Maximatic, Cremina...
Grinder: K-10PB, Rancilio MD-50
Vac Pot: no like
Drip: no like
Roaster: HotTop   Huky en route
Posted Sat Sep 7, 2013, 12:07pm

D4F Said:

Of course you could share the knowledge and information here instead of "keeping as much information as possible."  :)  Nice to see you post again.

Posted September 7, 2013 link

I saw the smiley, so I know you aren't dissing me/us, but I would like to explain just a bit why GUG is a separate entity, and why we will keep it that way.  It is a forum dedicated only only only to Gaggias.  It is therefore more focused and less diverse than what you get here where everyone with every kind of coffee question is welcome and can be advised.  We also have the ability to store a lot of files and photos and "how to" articles which are only about Gaggias.  

To then duplicate all of that information in answers to questions here?  That would maybe be very nice of me, but honestly there are not enough hours in the day, and my threshold for repeating myself is very low.  Even in the GUG forum I am known for being pretty crabby about people who take no time at all to read the information which has been archived before asking the same questions we have answered over and over and over.

In any case, any of you who are particularly interested in, fluent with, curious about, your Gaggias, we encourage you to join us at GUG.  We expect that you will continue your presence here.  It's not an either or for members;  it's kinda an either or for me just because I'm old and tired...

Understand that I have no interest in undermining or undervaluing the Gaggia information that is being shared here.  I'm just wanting to make another source of information available.

Susan
who probably could have said that with a lot fewer words...
D4F

Posted Sat Sep 7, 2013, 12:14pm

Susan, yep correct, no diss.  As long as you are answering, why no lurking or reading of the knowledge base/articles.  It used to be open. Being closed makes it a different feel.

D4F also at
SJM

Posted Sat Sep 7, 2013, 12:18pm

I will look into that.
It is a good question.

I'll come back soon and let you know what I can do to make it more friendly.

Susan
D4F

Posted Sat Sep 7, 2013, 12:30pm

Thank you Susan.  My apology for hijacking the thread.

D4F also at
SJM

Posted Sat Sep 7, 2013, 12:46pm

Ditto on the apologies.
Just so you know, I don't know how to change this part of the set up of the Yahoo Group.
I kinda ended up in charge without having set it all up myself, so I am floundering a bit.

I will continue to pursue it, but it is possible that I won't be able to loosen up some parts (like letting everyone access to files even if they can't post) without loosening up parts that I can't (like .....oh never mind).  

I am not giving up yet, but ....it is possible that becoming a member will still be necessary to get the goodies that we are keeping in the vaults :-))))  The options that Yahoo gives me just don't seem flexible enough for me to be able to open up the front door without also leaving the cash register open.  I think we are probably stuck in the current format.

Susan
D4F

Posted Sat Sep 7, 2013, 1:08pm

Perhaps a start on "non-member access"

Click Here (help.yahoo.com)

You may be way beyond that.  I was just trying to make sure that there were choices available to you.

D4F also at
SJM

Posted Sat Sep 7, 2013, 1:26pm

Thanks, and although my route to that page was somewhat different, again what I found is that I had no options that allowed me to let non-members view files.  I can allow non-members to view "Links", and I have done so, but honestly there isn't a raft of information in that particular part of the forum.  What you want to see are the Files, and I am given no options at all to allow that.  Sorry.  I would if I could.  I have asked a more tech savvy moderator for his help, but again I suspect the problem is Yahoo's lack of flexibility.

Susan
continuing along the hijack trail
D4F

Posted Sat Sep 7, 2013, 2:09pm

I wonder why it changed about 1 year ago, I viewed before that.  Thanks again for trying.
Fred

D4F also at
showing page 2 of 8 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Restoring my new...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.267852067947)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+