Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
Need Help Identifying Parts Needed for Mokita/Lelit Combi Machine Repair
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Need Help...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
hotwasabipeas
hotwasabipeas
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: NS Oscar
Grinder: KitchenAid ProLine
Drip: Keurig Vue, B70,Tassimo T65,...
Roaster: Wear Ever Popcorn Pumper...
Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013, 2:09pm
Subject: Need Help Identifying Parts Needed for Mokita/Lelit Combi Machine Repair

I recently acquired a Mokita Combi (similar to the Lelit PL042 Combi) and it needs a replacement water tube that connects from the water pump to the boiler along with the connectors to firmly attach the tube on each end.  I got the machine knowing that it needed this repair and I am hoping someone can help me identify what parts I will need to buy.  I took a picture of the valve, that's attached to the boiler, where one end of the water tube needs to be connected.  I am unsure as to what size and type of connecting nut I will need to get that will securely attach the silicon water tube to the valves.  The valve, on the water pump, looks exactly the same as the one on the boiler.  Thanks in advance!

hotwasabipeas: Mokita - Lelit Part (1).JPG
(Click for larger image)

Please visit my website!

www.planetwasabi.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
hotwasabipeas
hotwasabipeas

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013, 2:11pm
Subject: Re: Need Help Identifying Parts Needed for Mokita/Lelit Combi Machine Repair

Here's another pic of the valve:

hotwasabipeas: Mokita - Lelit Part (2).JPG
(Click for larger image)

Please visit my website!

www.planetwasabi.com
alanfrew
alanfrew
Expertise: Professional

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013, 3:32pm
Subject: Re: Need Help Identifying Parts Needed for Mokita/Lelit Combi Machine Repair

Mokita Combi pump to boiler hose connections are compression fittings that look like this. The fitting you have looks a lot like the one used in pre-08 Silvias.

Alan

alanfrew: repair45[1].jpg
(Click for larger image)
hotwasabipeas
hotwasabipeas

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013, 4:28pm

Thanks Alan!  Maybe mine isn't a Mokita after all.  There  are no badges anywhere on the machine but the manual has the words "modello Napoletana" on the bottom of each page.  I thought the Napoletana was made by La Pavoni but there is no mention of La Pavoni anywhere in the manual.  I wonder what model I have?  

Based on your suggestion, I found this part: http://www.espressoparts.com/S_242

I only need the nut but is this what you think I need to buy?

Please visit my website!

www.planetwasabi.com
alanfrew
alanfrew
Expertise: Professional

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013, 4:47pm

That's the one. The hose itself should be 6 x 4mm Teflon. You put the nut on the hose, push the hose onto the barb then tighten the nut. The end of the hose will "flare".

Alan
hotwasabipeas
hotwasabipeas

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013, 5:02pm

Thanks so much Alan! Also do you know if 57mm Ascaso portafilters will fit the Mokita/Lelit/Napoletana Combi machines or do I have to buy a Lelit portafilter?  Would parts for the Lelit PL041 fit this machine? Specifically I need a new group head gasket, shower screen, etc.  The only place in the USA that sells Lelit is 1st-Line and they have many parts for the PL041.

Please visit my website!

www.planetwasabi.com
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Need Help...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Saeco Espresso Machines
Large selection in-stock, includes Free Gifts and Free Shipping!
www.espressozone.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.220200061798)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+