Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
Faema Amica 2 back flow problem
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Faema Amica 2...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Jumbalaya

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2013, 8:40am
Subject: Faema Amica 2 back flow problem

Hi,

New to the forum.  I'm trying to revive my machine which has been in storage several years.  The machine heats up and makes foam well but when I try to brew there is very low flow, 2-3 drops per second coming out.    I tried running vinegar through but that didn't help.   I did notice that when the machine is brewing, water is flowing out of the shorter hose in the tank.  This water back flow is actually under pressure as when I squeezed the shorter hose it sprayed  quite a distance.

Is that backflow normal or Is this due to blockage somewhere?

My next move is to unscrew the head screen to try to clean it out.  That is as soon as I can find the appropriate sized ratchet as I tries using a wrench but I'm stripping the brass bolt...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Faema Amica2 manufactured in 1997

Thx,

Jumbalaya
 View Profile Link to this post
Jumbalaya

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013, 7:53pm
Subject: Re: Faema Amica 2 back flow problem

Update...

I fixed it!  I managed to remove the brass bolt and there was a little spring and stopper.  It was all scaled up.  I ran vinegar and water through and cleaned all the oily gunk and it's brewing better then ever.  

It was fun talking to myself!

Cheers,

Jumbalaya
 View Profile Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Faema Amica 2...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.163424968719)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+