Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
Brasilia Cappuccino Del 1 restoration
Green Unroasted Coffee
Free shipping. Save 15% on variety pack, use 'variety' at checkout
www.madbeanscoffee

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Brasilia...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
yorel1

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Brasilia Cappucino Del 1,...
Grinder: La Pavoni Jolly
Roaster: Going to try popcorn maker...
Posted Mon Feb 20, 2012, 11:40am
Subject: Re: Brasilia Cappuccino Del 1 restoration

IenBell Said:

I really like that glow on the furnace. I just skipped out on the same device up on the market here in NZ. I'll be fascinated to go by you success. Satisfied taking.

Posted February 19, 2012 link

I'm in NZ too! You must have been looking at the same one I was on Trademe. Hope you find one. Where in NZ are you? I'm in Wellington. Cheers
 View Profile Link to this post
Jaguire72
Jaguire72
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Brazilia Century
Posted Mon Mar 5, 2012, 4:49pm

Greetings! Your project looks amazing! I'm working on what I believe to be a Brasilia Century but it looks really close to your Cappuccina. The draw buttons look very much the same though how they connect in the back look a bit different. I was wondering how you programmed yours? I cannot find a manual and the buttons simply pour forever instead of stopping at predetermined time-frames.

Much appreciation in advance!

Shane
 View Profile Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
Spalte5

Espresso: Brasilia Cappuccino Del 1
Grinder: Compak k3
Posted Tue Mar 6, 2012, 1:38am

Hi Shane,

Thanks!

The programming is quite simple: you hold down the stop an continuous brew button (the button above the stop-button) at the same time. The four programmable buttons will now blink and can be programmed by staring and stopping them with the desired intervals. The programming is stopped and the settings stored by pressing the stop button.

Good luck!

Best regards,

Malthe
Jaguire72
Jaguire72

Espresso: Brazilia Century
Posted Tue Mar 6, 2012, 10:42am

Thanks so very, very much!
 View Profile Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
Mpotoka

Espresso: Gaggia deluxe & Nuova Mac...
Grinder: Preciso
Posted Wed Jun 6, 2012, 8:33pm

Looks great!

Question--I'm working on a Nuova Mac 2000 I picked up cheap. I looked at the heat exchanger tube and can see through it like a straw. Is a tube the extent of the heat exchanger, or does it just lead to a chamber inside the boiler?

Thanks!
Spalte5

Posted Thu Jun 7, 2012, 1:11am

Hi Mpotoka,

The tube going through the boiler is the heat exchanger itself. There should be no connection between the boiler and HX - this was the problem of my Brasilia machine: the HX pipe was ruptured and water pumped through leaked into the boiler.

Good luck with the machine!

Best regards,

Malthe
Mpotoka

Posted Thu Jun 7, 2012, 6:46am

Spalte5 Said:

Hi Mpotoka,

The tube going through the boiler is the heat exchanger itself. There should be no connection between the boiler and HX - this was the problem of my Brasilia machine: the HX pipe was ruptured and water pumped through leaked into the boiler.

Good luck with the machine!

Best regards,

Malthe

Posted June 7, 2012 link

Thats what I was thinking--when you say tube going "through" the boiler--mine looks like a short tube that just goes into the boiler, it does not appear to through--as in come out somewhere else on the boiler.  Would that be correct?  When I look at the parts book, the replacement part looks about the same as the one I have, but I am guessing it is plugged at the end and mine is not.

Thanks!
Spalte5

Posted Thu Jun 7, 2012, 6:57am

Maybe it's the tube for filling the boiler (which does go into the boiler) and not the HX tube? There are several things going into the boiler itself: pressostat, pressure gauge, boiler filling inlet, water level probe... the HX is sometimes welded on and sometimes (as with my Brasilia) bolted in and  removable.

Could you maybe post a picture?

Best regards,

Malthe
Mpotoka

Posted Thu Jun 7, 2012, 8:10am

Will do with the photo when I get it back apart.  I was confident that it was the heat exchanger, since it was on the supply side of the fill valve, so I have ordered an assembly.

My problem was that the boiler was overfilling and popping the safety valve even with the machine unplugged.  I first pulled and cleaned the fill valve.  When I put it back on I tested it by leaving the boiler side unconnected to the valve.  When I turned on the water the valve held, but pretty soon water started coming out of the tube on the boiler side of the valve.  Uhoh.  Next step, I reconnected the boiler side of the valve and disconnected the water supply side of the valve.  With my mouth I blew into the water supply line (water off obviously) and sure enough I got bubbles in the boiler (took the boiler cap off, sound like a water bong).  So I knew that water was freely flowing into the boiler--pulled out the heat exchanger just under the group head and sure enough--looked just like a straw.

Mike
Mpotoka

Posted Thu Jun 7, 2012, 11:29am

Well, since I'm in this for the long haul, I have started my own restoration thread.

"Restoring a Nuova Simonelli Mac 2000 S 1 Group"
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Brasilia...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.258926153183)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+