Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
Brasilia Cappuccino Del 1 restoration
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Brasilia...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
rsinger
rsinger
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: OE Pharos - #136!!  ;)
Posted Thu Jun 7, 2012, 11:48am
Subject: Re: Brasilia Cappuccino Del 1 restoration

Hey Malthe!!

Great job, and congratulations on getting it finished.  You will have a lot of fun enjoying the machine and developing your technique with it.  By the way, one of the things I had the most fun with is the custom tuned steam tip I had made for mine, it really simplified making micro-foam for latte art!

The machine steam volume is so powerful, that it was incredibly difficult to make micro-foam with the stock 4-hole steam wand tip, so I made a custom one-hole steam tip from an 8mm stainless steel acorn nut, that I drilled out, and tapped with 10mm x 1 threads to match the threads on the steam wand.  I adjusted the size of the hole, while steaming milk in my steaming pitcher, and it is now amazingly easy to produce micro-foam for latte art with no surface bubbles at all!  I really like this mod!

Glad to see you's worked out so well.... and that you are happy to pass on your experiences to others as well... good job!

Best,

Rick

ps: I e-mailed you a couple of pdf's with schematics of the machine!

New Bezzera Strega
OE Pharos: #136!!
Silvia's a virgin.....  again! (and sold)
Brasilia Cappuccino Del-1 Hx (sold too)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66189160@N04/sets/72157628015297112/show/
http://espressoproject.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Spalte5

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Brasilia Cappuccino Del 1
Grinder: Compak k3
Posted Sun Sep 30, 2012, 11:14am

Just a small update after the first months of service: The machine is impressively consistent and great to use. Makes excellent espresso and has lots of steam power - this takes a few pitchers of milk to get used to, but I have managed even without replacing the steam tip as suggested by Rick.

I have only had one issue so far: the coil of the 3-way valve died a few weeks ago in the middle of a shot and I had to replace it (I did not replace the coil during the restoration as it still worked). Having moved to Jordan in the meantime, it did prove to be quite a challenge finding a spare, but it worked out. Lesson learned: better to replace one part too much during restoration :-)

Malthe
 View Profile Link to this post
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Tue Oct 2, 2012, 2:05pm

SWEET!
Another orphaned machine has found a loving home!
Congrats on having it all up and working.  A broken tube someplace is very common for machines that live where it gets cold enough to freeze in storage.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
Ballard

Posted Fri Oct 5, 2012, 6:28am

Well I am attempting to follow in your path. I pick up a used Cappuccion Del, I broke it all down. Descaled the boiler, straightened the bent frame but on my first attempt to put it back together I had a few extra pieces. I should have taken pictures. I was wondering if you could send me a few photos of how all the piping/tubing flows and/or if you ever got your hands on a assembly plan.

Great restoration job, I hope mine turns out as well.
Spalte5

Posted Fri Oct 5, 2012, 11:04am

Hi Ballard,

Congratulations with your find. I can assure you that the restoration is well worth the effort.

Rick (rsinger) sent me the parts list and manual for the machine and has also posted some pictures of the process in this very informative thread:
http://coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/machinemods/549776

Send me your e-mail and I can forward you the documents. You can also post or send me pictures of the extra pieces and I can try to identify their use and placement.

Malthe
rsinger
rsinger
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: OE Pharos - #136!!  ;)
Posted Sat Oct 6, 2012, 7:20pm

Hey Daniel:

I just sent you an email with the parts manual.  If you copy and past the first link in my signature below, you can see some pics.  Let me know if you'd like me to send individual higher resolution pics.

Best,

Rick

New Bezzera Strega
OE Pharos: #136!!
Silvia's a virgin.....  again! (and sold)
Brasilia Cappuccino Del-1 Hx (sold too)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66189160@N04/sets/72157628015297112/show/
http://espressoproject.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html
Spalte5

Posted Mon Sep 29, 2014, 4:11pm

The Brasilia Cappuccino Del 1 is now for sale after a couple of good years of use. I have descaled boiler and HX.
Machine location: Copenhagen, Denmark

PM or e-mail me if any interest...

Malthe
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Brasilia...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.205437898636)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+