Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
Joining the Conti 1-Group Club
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Joining the...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
Jchonparadise

Expertise: Pro Barista

Posted Tue May 1, 2012, 6:13pm
Subject: Re: Joining the Conti 1-Group Club

Glad to hear its working well for you!

I do have a Conti... A 2 group Conti club.

I was having flashing lights several weeks ago and it was suggested the machine has Calcium deposits that are restricting or blocking the water flow.

I use the machine in a small coffee cafe in my church and got the machine second hand after it sat for over 5 yrs.   I've been learning and fixing things as I go.

I haven't had the time to or opportunity to do any kind of large scale breakdown & clean out but did let the water flow for 5 or 10 min to see if that would flush things through a bit and haven't had the flashing lights issue since.

However... Now I'm having an issue all of a sudden where the [what I believe is] pressure relief valve is continually engaged, hissing & releasing [small amounts of] steam.

I can't find enough on this machine to determine the possible causes or solutions.
 View Profile Link to this post
SpromoSapiens
SpromoSapiens
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Riviera Eagle, '91 Livietta,...
Grinder: Vario, KA ProLine, Sozen...
Drip: Clever, V60
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Tue May 1, 2012, 6:45pm

There does seem to be a disappointing scarcity of info or support for these machines, it's true. In fact I just attended the SCAA Annual Event in Portland, OR, and Conti didn't even have representation in the exhibition hall, where there were over 700 coffee-related businesses on display. All the major machine-makers were there. No Conti.

At any rate, I believe that it is possible for pressure valves to accumulate scale as well, from condensation of the water that forms the steam that passes through it. You might want to try removing the valve, soaking it in descaling solution, rinsing/reinstalling and seeing how that goes. Alternatively, we had a problem with a pressure valve on our Rancilio Epoca in the cafe where I work, where it was hissing and letting off a tiny bit of steam at all times. In that case it turned out that the little plug inside the valve had simply wiggled slightly out of place and got fixed in that position. Via phone our espresso tech just told me to take a screwdriver or whatever and tap it or nudge it a little, and sure enough it repositioned securely; no more hiss.  

Out of curiosity -- the Sirai pressurestat inside your 2-group machine... Is it by any chance mounted sideways? I had a heck of a time recently trying to turn down the pressure of my boiler because it was running way too hot, and I discovered my pressurestat was mounted sideways and I couldn't get the lid off to turn the adjustment screw. With help I eventually came to realize that there was a hole drilled in the lid, through which I was able to just barely get a screwdriver in with enough leverage to turn the screw. Kind of an annoying little quirk, I must say.
mhamm

Posted Mon Jun 4, 2012, 2:44pm

Please help me figure out why my conticlub one group machine keeps demanding water when it is full thus causing the boiler safety valve to overflow? I tried turning it on and leaving the steam wand open a bit to relieve the pressure but after about 15 minutes of being powered on it clicks and demands water over andover again. I have had this machine for about 3 years (got it brand new) and it has never been serviced (nobody here in Hawaii). Is there anything I can do? I have the back flush detergent and the dummy portafilter; should I do that? Can I do that without the machine being fully heated? Forgive my ignorance and neglect on my machine; my x husband ran this cart and apparently did no maintenace to it. Please help me!
Thanks,
Mhamm
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Tue Jun 5, 2012, 1:23pm

Michelle Please only ask your question in one forum, multiple posts on the same subject is against the rules of the forum AND it makes it hard to find the answer when people DO answer you, I did on one of the 3 times you asked this question.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Jchonparadise

Posted Thu Jul 19, 2012, 12:04pm

OriginCharacter -

Hope your Conti is going strong :-)

Do you think you can take a look at a recent post of mine and offer some assistance?

"Conti 2-Group Club"

Thanks!

Jchon
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Joining the...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.206910848618)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+